AFL Live :: Game of The Year Edition :: AFL Live 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to also agree the AI Is way way to easy. As has been said they are very predictable and easy to play against. Only way I can have a close game against the AI is if I change teams half way through and make a come back. Never play against the AI these days. Don't bump them, dont use cheap moves.

How can you say because some find it to hard that you won't increase it? Keep legendary as it is but add another higher difficulty for players that want tougher AI. Like someone said, if it's too hard, play a lower difficulty.

Online is brilliant when you come up against someone who hasn't maxed their teams
Out and don't play bump fest tactics. I'll win more often than not, but constant bumping gets quite tiresome.

I feel it's looking unlikely for a 2013 version from big ant. Maybe wicked witch? I never played their version though.
Dude, there have been leaks from AFL clubs that they did the player photos for the 2013 game, for XBOX and Playstation. This is 90% likely that it's BigAnts doing it as Wicked Witch don't have the employee capacity to create a PS3 or 360 title. With that being said I worked this out:
Rugby League Live: August 2010-February 2011
AFL Live: 21st April 2011
AFL Live GOTY (Little effort to make because is nearly same game as AFL Live) 6th June 2012
Rugby League Live 2: 9th October 2012
AFL Live 2: Looking at above it could be only a couple of months away, but more likely 6-8 months unless there are delays.

On another note, you reckon BigAnt's AFL Live is too easy, try out AFL Gold Edition or AFL Wii, all you have to do is keep tackling and you'll win by 40+ points on 10 minute quarters on Legendary.

Am I the only person that thinks the marking controls in this are hot bullshit? I don't even bother trying to mark anymore, always go the spoil, because you can be sitting in front position and some opponent will run from 30 metres away and take a chest mark through the middle of your torso.

Same here. Always go the spoil in the defensive half. You can try it in your forward 50 but you're probably better off playing for the crumbs if it's contested. Playing on Legend i don't think i've ever taken a contested mark, let alone inside forward 50. The defenders are so over powered. Surely at least once a season a guy like Taylor Walker will out muscle a defender who's trying to spoil him.

I'm sure at some point over the last 2 years I've mentioned that this game pisses me off no end.
Infuriating, cheating s**t.
Whats with your (temporarily) AI controlled players taking a 2 metre detour AWAY from the direction of the ball RIGHT BEFORE I'm about to take control of them... Idiots. That stupid little side run away they do costs you the small bit of time and space you need to actually do anything.

God only knows why I'm even playing it, currently have a score of 6.18.54 in the stupid WET & wind and have hit the post 8 times. (which is the computer cheating, I just know it)
CPU (Sydney 11.5.71) then streams out of defence, pin point passes and spud opponents break 3 tackles in a row to rugby their way up the field. When the tackles do stick, you can bet the spill of the ball will GREATLY advantage the CPU if they need a goal. There are full quarters where you struggle to do anything right consistently.
Ross said there's no catch up mode but just watch the cheating pricks do the most amazing s**t ALL THE WAY UP THE FIELD. God is on their side for sure :p

RANT OVER. I suck at this game (still)
Everything about it just never suited my gaming style or ability. Even today I still press the wrong buttons.
I'll un pause my game and attempt to come back from 17 points down even though I've had way more scoring shots.

CPU stopped cheating & I won 14.21.105 to 12.11.83.
SO from my last score update late in the third I kicked 8.3 and CPU 1.6
Amazing what a whinge on bigfooty can do.

This is not on the hardest difficulty, somewhere in the middle. :(

s**t if you're worried about the AI's "abilities" on lower difficulties, never bother with Legend. 70m dead accurate kicks with no powerup time, impossible to take a contested mark anywhere on the ground, players intermittently refusing to acknowledge your input (for spoils etc).

I just finished my full-length quarter season mode on legend with injuries on high. Took me well over a year (obviously wasn't playing it all the time) and I must say I have got pretty damn good at the game. There is no challenge anymore. Even with sped up quarters I dominate, probably even moreso.
I was down by 8 goals at point because I was experimenting and stuffing around until I turned on the jets and won by a good 400 points. It can still be infuriating though, like for instance when they kick out from on of your points and hit a target, then kick backwards and take a mark and just go up and back and fecking whistle blows 30 times. They don't go anyway but it just annoys me how perfect the AI kicking is. Aside from that it's annoying how after they get a goal they atomically seem to string together a few in a row and there's nothing you can do about it.

Not really sure where to go from here, haven't bothered with online for a while because it's full of douchebags.

I've sure had my value from this game though, with all its' flaws it can still be fun to play.

Wow. I tried the full length quarters for NAB Cup (before the update, so games weren't only a half's worth after the first round). Never got the trophy so there was no way I was bothering a full season. Plus it was boring as anything.

This game is so horrifically broken, but it's still so much fun to play. Find myself giving it a crack every now and then despite knowing that I'll end up throwing a controller through a wall at some point when the game decides to cheat. Good times.

Wow. I tried the full length quarters for NAB Cup (before the update, so games weren't only a half's worth after the first round). Never got the trophy so there was no way I was bothering a full season. Plus it was boring as anything.
Got that right. At one point last year when I was desperate for AFL action I pumped out about half the season in a couple of months, obviously I could only do one game at a time before my fingers hurt from holding down the sprint button :p and of course, the boredom. I sort of set goals for myself during the game to make the blow-outs more interesting. For example I'd try and kick 4 times the amount of goals as behinds and keep it at that rate the whole match...another one was aiming to kick 20 goals a quarter, then another was to make it to 600 points.

But yeah, won't be doing it again any time soon because those little goals became infuriating when the opposition would get a run of goals on and I'd break stuff :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear you all. Impossible to mark, the AI kicking accuracy and distance with no power load time. And that burst of goals from the AI that you can do nothing about. Im pretty good at this game and for a challenge i play the bonus teams (victoria etc). One other thing that shits me to tears is the AI player with a free kick when they are behind the boundary line, and they just wait for a ball in. Arggggg!!!!!
Here is how i cheat to get back at the AI cheat - when they mark, i pull my player manning the mark way back so that the AI plays on. The stupid AI player begins to play on and runs straight for my man standing 20-30 meters back. I time the run so that we meet right where the mark is set (so that there is no 50m penalty). It works 90% of the time, especially if Cloke or someone like that marks at full forward - just move the man on the mark away and entice cloke to play on, run at him when he does play on and tackle the prick.

But, thats cheating aswell.

Oh essenscum, carry on.

Hows that cheating? Its a genuine tactic, move off the mark - they play on. It balances out the fairness with the almost impossible task to mark against the AI. As far as your Essendon comment goes, we'll take care of you, your just scared of us thats all. And your just cut because the cats are on the way out, dont let your current ladder position fool you, your window is closed. Douche!

so too is the difficulty in marking - thats a glitch! If the AI is going to mark more often than it should (way way more often) then im going to balance it out. If the AI marks and its fair (out in front, un manned) then ill let him take the shot.

agree that marking is difficult, but maybe try and open up the play a bit more instead of relying on contested marks to move forward.

The game plays better that way.

Or look at the radar and try to hit up leads.

I do agree that the marking mechanism wasn't well done though. I remember Ross explaining it, talking about how you had to time when you pressed the mark button, but it was never told when the good timing was. His fear was that if you had a mechanism similar to the shrinking circle of previous games, marks would become piss easy after a while.

It's the opposite now as it's very hard to improve as you can't train since you are never told what the best way to mark is. That and spoiling is overpowered.

The marking is very difficult, agreed, but you will eventually 'get it'. I still struggle with it sometimes but can out mark
Most online, and probably go 60-40 - 70-30 against that AI. For my I find pressing g the mark button once, just before when I think the player should take the mark of that makes sense? It is hard to explain.
For contested Marking, you have to find the right balance of jostling with the right stick, and pressin mark at the right time.

I rarely attempt marks in defence, but If my player is in a better position I'll back myself, timing when you press triangle is pretty crucial in defence. Tapping it a few times I find lowers your chance of marking aswell.

It also sounds like a lot of you are just getting the ball and kicking as long as possible, you really have to take a bit off the kicks and look for targets. You'll find your players are quite quick on the lead and will get to the fall of the ball to take the mark.

I don't even have time to look at that mini map to spot up leads. I might play an online game of 3 to get that trophy out of the way.
Sure to lose but hey.

We need a new game.

Any word at all? Not sure why the publisher Tru Blu seem intent on keeping it under wraps.

A reason behind the great sales of AFL Live would have partly have been due to Big Ants promotion of the game on here and the hype generated leading to launch.

Need something to hype! If they leave it too late, I reckon sales of the next game will be dead in the water.

This game is so horrifically broken, but it's still so much fun to play. Find myself giving it a crack every now and then despite knowing that I'll end up throwing a controller through a wall at some point when the game decides to cheat. Good times.
Mate, are you PS3 or XBOX? If the former; what's your PSN?
how would i be able to see other peoples player overalls online?
During a match; press pause and go Team Management > Tagging Tactics and you should be able to see their overall's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back