AFL LIVE PASS - WHAT A JOKE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank god for Foxtel Go, HDMI cable straight to the TV, No dropouts and Quality was about SD, which I cant complain about when its not my account.

I'm not sure if it has been posted yet, but I was able to watch last night's JLT game via Foxtel Go on my laptop. It appears that the new rights deal has kicked in.

The quality was pretty horrible (worse than Channel 7) and the feed dropped when I plugged in a HDMI cable (although I imagine that a workaround will be quickly figured out by people smart than I am).

You need to plug the HDMI in before opening Foxtel Go, then it doesn't turn off.

So i'm gonna enquire here because i'm hopeless. I'm a Telstra customer, and i use recharge. So if i recharge $30 or more i have access to use the apps live streaming and so forth for 'free'? Is it free for the duration of the recharge? Or do i need to maintain it stays above $30? And this of course won't chew my data at all?

I was actually about to buy the sub, but then heard about this on Telstra's website

A question for those using Getflix + WatchAFL...I'm just trying to set it up and have set up accounts for both. It seems Getflix is working fine as my usuall Netflix subscription has changed to the US version, but when I go to WatchAFL and click on the AFL Channel tab to test it, the video player says "Video Network Error - There appears to be issues with your connection. Please check your connection and try refreshing the page"

Am I missing a step in the Getflix setup somewhere? Or does that AFL channel link just not work and the game should work tonight?

Any help much appreciated.

The AFL is such a two-bit joke of an organisation. As corrupt as Zimbabwe; with jobs for the boys a guarantee in admin, operations, coaching, or the media for any half decent or well connected ex-player. We're meant to stomach Gillon, who is completely unqualified for the job, putting fans second in everything but the price of a box of chips at the G. The tributes to Fitzpatrick the other day made my guts churn. His legacy to the game will be one of incompetence.

Sorry for noob question but how does this work? Do you have to pay for WatchAfl?

Yeah, it's ~$150USD but you can buy an international membership through your club. The prices vary from club to club between $150-$200AUS. You also need to pay for the VPN service. Depending on what you get from Foxtel it may be cheaper just to go through Foxtel however you can log in to WatchAFL on 5 devices (simultaneously I believe) so can split the cost with someone.

A question for those using Getflix + WatchAFL...I'm just trying to set it up and have set up accounts for both. It seems Getflix is working fine as my usuall Netflix subscription has changed to the US version, but when I go to WatchAFL and click on the AFL Channel tab to test it, the video player says "Video Network Error - There appears to be issues with your connection. Please check your connection and try refreshing the page"

Am I missing a step in the Getflix setup somewhere? Or does that AFL channel link just not work and the game should work tonight?

Any help much appreciated.

Which internet browser are you using? I think there's issues with the plugins on Explorer & Chrome so try Firefox if you haven't yet.

EDIT - the channel should work, its a live stream of the Fox Footy channel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which internet browser are you using? I think there's issues with the plugins on Explorer & Chrome so try Firefox if you haven't yet.

EDIT - the channel should work, its a live stream of the Fox Footy channel.
Using Safari. Should have mentioned I was on a Mac sorry. Just tried Firefox and got the same error. What should the region setting be in Getflix for Channel Group D?

Typical Foxtel behaviour, like how in Australia they block you from buying GoT on iTunes even though you can in America after it has aired.

Their model is make them the only option so they can charge more
VPN + torrents = fight back.

It beggars belief that anyone would sign a contract that only allows consumers to watch iPhone sized video on an iPad sized screen.

In terms of heinous things corporations have done to people over the years it's a long way towards the bottom of the pile. But when it comes to mind boggling decisions it's about as bizarre as it gets.

The people who work in the complaints department must walk into work dreading every day and what new ways their upper management has decided to piss off the fans/consumers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back