Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Greater Western Sydney

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see GWS making up for their small poster numbers with the sheer magnitude of their floggery.

lol, the most natural technique to protect yourself is to put your forearm and knee out to protect yourself. Are you trolling or something?
Extending your forearm away from your body is not natural. Especially at that angle from your shoulder. The most natural protection is to brace you body using arm or leg. A forearm straight out at shoulder height places your shoulder in one of its most vulnerable positions.

I don’t know why I’m actually responding to you. I genuinely believe you’re just a bored bloke who posts dumb s**t to start arguments.

Not into labels, just into censorship of people you don't like.

I've actually had a soft spot for GWS, particularly Cameron and Patton. Cameron is off my likeable players list as of today because I just don't like dirty players.....and will be vocal against them, all the more so if it is against one of my players.

A different opinion is not censorship either by the way.

Extending your forearm away from your body is not natural. Especially at that angle from your shoulder. The most natural protection is to brace you body using arm or leg. A forearm straight out at shoulder height places your shoulder in one of its most vulnerable positions.

I don’t know why I’m actually responding to you. I genuinely believe you’re just a bored bloke who posts dumb s**t to start arguments.

There are numerous ways to protect yourself depending upon the collision type. However a forearm in front of you to create space is VERY common. As is a knee. Bracing yourself to your body is only when you know the collision will 100% occur. Forearms and knees create space from a collision and is used VERY OFTEN to protect vital organs and the head from the collision.

a32C3S.gif

I've actually had a soft spot for GWS, particularly Cameron and Patton. I just don't like dirty players.....and will be vocal against them, all the more so if it is against one of my players.

A different opinion is not censorship either by the way.

It is if you are a cookie cutter alt-right troll like dimmest brain.

Good to see GWS making up for their small poster numbers with the sheer magnitude of their floggery.
Not really, supporters of all clubs do the same thing when one of their player transgresses - ie, try to downplay what happened.

What on earth are you on about? Have no idea what on earth you mean.

It is a constant alt-right trope that disagreeing with their crud or pointing out its stupidity is equivalent to "censorship". Rather than defending the content of their s**t they tend to resort to that. Dimmest Brain is a master of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are numerous ways to protect yourself depending upon the collision type. However a forearm in front of you to create space is VERY common. As is a knee. Bracing yourself to your body is only when you know the collision will 100% occur. Forearms and knees create space from a collision and is used VERY OFTEN.

That’s not bracing for contact. It’s drawing contact to a point that isn’t the body. Although very very s**t form on his behalf, a solid hit on the arm there would’ve popped the shoulder.
A knee (and hip since they’re the two joints used in a knee contact) is very different to holding your shoulder at that angle from your body.

Mine and my partners career involves sport physiology, injury etc. barking up the wrong tree here.

I think the MRP will not look highly on Cameron’s elbow, the AFL can’t have 8’3” 300kg players run around with their elbows up in the air, sure if this was another player on another team there would be no charge laid, but because the MRP also has to consider the “seriousness” of the charge the fact that Cameron is a Giant will weigh against him. He would even not be able to use the “I thought his head was a Sherrin” excuse that plugger used to get off a high charge in ‘93. Yep, given the quick intake of breath in the Commentator box when Greene lifts his leg, there’s going to be a penalty to pay.

That’s not bracing for contact. It’s drawing contact to a point that isn’t the body. Although very very s**t form on his behalf, a solid hit on the arm there would’ve popped the shoulder.
A knee (and hip since they’re the two joints used in a knee contact) is very different to holding your shoulder at that angle from your body.

Mine and my partners career involves sport physiology, injury etc. barking up the wrong tree here.

Andrews is lucky he also didn't get some broken ribs for what he did. I don't care what you pretend to do online the only thing that matters is if you can argue you point. You are telling me that bracing for contact with the knee out or forearm out isn't a common technique to protect oneself? Don't answer anything else but this if you can, try to concentrate.

Andrews is lucky he also didn't get some broken ribs for what he did. I don't care what you pretend to do online the only thing that matters is if you can argue you point. You are telling me that bracing for contact with the knee out or forearm out isn't a common technique? Don't answer anything else but this if you can, try to concentrate.
I clearly specified knee and elbow are completely different and explained why

Based on the Yarra valley mate. Feel free to stop in and we can take you through the explanation :)

I clearly specified knee and elbow are completely different and explained why

Based on the Yarra valley mate. Feel free to stop in and we can take you through the explanation :)
I showed you examples of people using both the forearm and knee to protect themselves from a collision and you are arguing with me about what exactly? I know it is commonly used because when new fighters come into our gym a very common technique to defend themselves is to create space with knees and forearms. If you had ever actually been in a fight, or a contest you would know these things. Instead you are pretending you have some bachelors degree online with no experience in the real world.

I think the MRP will not look highly on Cameron’s elbow, the AFL can’t have 8’3” 300kg players run around with their elbows up in the air, sure if this was another player on another team there would be no charge laid, but because the MRP also has to consider the “seriousness” of the charge the fact that Cameron is a Giant will weigh against him. He would even not be able to use the “I thought his head was a Sherrin” excuse that plugger used to get off a high charge in ‘93. Yep, given the quick intake of breath in the Commentator box when Greene lifts his leg, there’s going to be a penalty to pay.

The first question they should’ve asked Plugger was, “But you don’t elbow the ball in footy?” But this was towards the end of the VFL-AFL transition where the game still had some vestiges of its footy-biffo culture.

I showed you examples of people using both the forearm and knee to protect themselves from a collision and you are arguing with me about what exactly? I know it is commonly used because when new fighters come into our gym a very common technique to defend themselves is to create space with knees and forearms. If you had ever actually been in a fight, or a contest you would know these things. Instead you are pretending you have some bachelors degree online with no experience in the real world.
Okay matey ;) enjoy your Saturday night arguing online with strangers about stuff you’ve got no clue.

Drop us a line if you ever get off the net and get down to Melbourne

The first question they should’ve asked Plugger was, “But you don’t elbow the ball in footy?” But this was towards the end of the VFL-AFL transition where the game still had some vestiges of its footy-biffo culture.

If Cameron used this same excuse, Christian will have two questions,

1) Jeremy “The Beast” Cameron can I feel your big bulging biceps?
2) why would you use your elbow to mark a football?

Back