Votes: 36 34.0%
  • Essendon

Votes: 65 61.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Margetts is a bit of a puppet master. Paying tiggy touchwood frees to the weags, then not paying the same frees and stopping obvious play on advantages to the bombers.

I actually agree we've had a few favorable calls, and some of our boys are trying to draw frees instead of playing, which just makes it all the more shameful. Pretty appalled at everything about this game atm. Credit to the Bombers though really taking it on. Woosha's been doing his homework. We need to really pull it out and put in a huge last half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s interesting to consider what the fallout would have been if, instead of us, it was say a Collingwood or Richmond who were on the receiving end of Margetts’s “decisions” in the 2015 PF.

Last edited:
The only interesting thing about this game is Essendon fans more interested in the umpires than the lead...

#obsessed

Tis not just the Dons fans, little one. It is all of us fair-minded lovers of this sport. That your team cheats is an important discussion point. The Free Kick ladder for decades is one irrefutable truth. Watch 60 minutes in a few weeks - you will see. I am forbidden to say any more.

I'm not normally one to bag umpires but this is a disgrace. Didn't see that Bomber player get slapped, fair enough, things get missed. But that Eagles player on the wing had prior and put his head down and no attempt to dispose, yet no free, yep Margetts again. Then a few seconds later the Bomber advantage called back as they were streaming through 50, Margetts again.

It happens to us all the time but tbh I don't think you'll ever see advantage paid against the eagles...not in Perth anyway. Its the one occasion that the umps can penalise a side by giving them a free kick....by dragging them back and giving the eagles time to setup forward of the ball.

Its a regular event here.

Back