Preview AFL Round 5 Melbourne V Brisbane Lions Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Grimes has been playing more defensively than last year but still gets open and is used a lot. He is a smart football but is not the quickest player going around so he can be run down or at least pressured from behind. Davey playes a lot like.

Scully in particular has been very scratchy turning over a lot of ball with poor skills. .

Agree with most of your revue however Grimes is actually quite quick.

He struggled in round 2 and 3 with his disposals but if Scully continues his form from the Tiges game, particularly his last half, he will have a very good game and could be a bit of a surprise packet.

Okay.

I'll up the stakes.

If we don't win this game, I won't post on the Brisbane Lions board until January 1st, 2011.

Okay.

I'll up the stakes.

If we don't win this game, I won't post on the Brisbane Lions board until January 1st, 2011.

fat-lady-singing-warning.jpg

Okay.

I'll up the stakes.

Oh. So conflicted. :( Even cheering for a draw seems so wrong.

If it's a draw the statement still stands. Anything other than a Brisbane win and I'm gone till next year from this board.

Has betting been suspended for this game? Just went to put on a couple of multis for the weekend and the Melb/Bris game disappeared. :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway, I couldn't be stuffed reading this thread again to find a post someone mentioned about Maguire and the role he will play.

My guess is he'll play loose across defence and drop back like Clark did last year and pinch hit in ruck if Clark doesn't play. Should get a lot of the ball against Melbourne.

Scully in particular has been very scratchy turning over a lot of ball with poor skills.

Good write up and I agree that Scully has taken a while to find his feet, but you obviously missed the Richmond game. Scully was terrific and hardly missed a target in his 26 disposals. Some of his handballs were elite.

Btw, Bate is nothing like Steve Johnson and Grimes has good pace.

Okay I will pose an out of left field type question then.

Would you prefer a competitive game where you are pushed hard all game to help tune up your skills/structures - but comes with the risk that you may lose:

Or a game over at 1/4 time type game where the hardest part of the game is maintaining focus and allows players to be rested. Bonus is extra percentage but we all know these types of games aren't good going forward (having to fire team up again).

DL

Okay I will pose an out of left field type question then.

Would you prefer a competitive game where you are pushed hard all game to help tune up your skills/structures - but comes with the risk that you may lose:

Or a game over at 1/4 time type game where the hardest part of the game is maintaining focus and allows players to be rested. Bonus is extra percentage but we all know these types of games aren't good going forward (having to fire team up again).

DL
With back to back interstate trips, definitely an easy game that's effectively over at 1/4 time. Would prefer this for every game actually. :p

With back to back interstate trips, definitely an easy game that's effectively over at 1/4 time. Would prefer this for every game actually. :p

Haha completely seconded. I love a good close game in some sports, like cricket, and in third party AFL games. But some sports in games where I'm cheering for a team, e.g. any of the football codes, I'm a fan of an old fashioned shellacking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back