AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

They sell the front 10 rows in q15, then the front 10 rows of q16, then the front 10 rows of q17 ect.

Once they finish selling the front 10 rows they'll put the middle rows on sale.

What? Since when?

I've been gold for many, many years, and I've never seen that happen at the MCG. I have always been able to choose the middle (or back, if I wanted to) of L4, whilst the front remained on sale.

I've been gold for many, many years, and I've never seen that happen at the MCG. I have always been able to choose the middle (or back, if I wanted to) of L4, whilst the front remained on sale.
This has been how they have always done it.
Certain big games like Anzac Day and Carlton Collingwood when they expect 80K see everything put on sale.
But for all other games they stagger the sales to make sure that they can accurately say what the GA areas will be

This has been how they have always done it.
Certain big games like Anzac Day and Carlton Collingwood when they expect 80K see everything put on sale.
But for all other games they stagger the sales to make sure that they can accurately say what the GA areas will be

WTF...what planet have I been on?

Literally never seen it that way...

So I just got off the phone to AFL members;

Using the ticketmaster app, and clicking Member Tickets, doesn't give you the right price/location of tickets. It gives you a discount but not the $10.90 (for silver and gold). They admit it's an error that they are working with Ticketmaster on.

I am sure they're really prioritizing a bug that gives them more money.

So I just got off the phone to AFL members;

Using the ticketmaster app, and clicking Member Tickets, doesn't give you the right price/location of tickets. It gives you a discount but not the $10.90 (for silver and gold). They admit it's an error that they are working with Ticketmaster on.

Same thing if anyone has tried accessing games to a team that isn't your team.

He said go online and click where it says "AFL and Centre Wing members" and punch in your barcodes.

We spent so much more money then we should've. Not good.
Isn't that how it's always been? Selecting the public listing, which has been available since the beginning of the season when rounds 1-15 came on sale, gives access to reserved seating in public areas, and entering a member barcode would presumably give you the discount you'd get as a club GA member reserving a seat if you had that club as your club of support.

AFL and Centre Wing members need to select the "AFL & Centre Wing Members" listing which is only available from the date each set of rounds rounds go sale as ticketing for each of those allocations of seats is only available from that date. Similar to how AFL Reserve is via a separate dropdown option on Ticketek while club and public is a single option. Doesn't seem like an error at all.

Isn't that how it's always been? Selecting the public listing, which has been available since the beginning of the season when rounds 1-15 came on sale, gives access to reserved seating in public areas, and entering a member barcode would presumably give you the discount you'd get as a club GA member reserving a seat if you had that club as your club of support.

AFL and Centre Wing members need to select the "AFL & Centre Wing Members" listing which is only available from the date each set of rounds rounds go sale as ticketing for each of those allocations of seats is only available from that date. Similar to how AFL Reserve is via a separate dropdown option on Ticketek while club and public is a single option. Doesn't seem like an error at all.
Yes, but through the new Ticketmaster app (they recently rolled out a new one, not an updated one), there is no "AFL and Centre Wing Members" option, just quite literally the game then two buttons; one that says "See tickets" in red, then underneath it says "Member Tickets" in blue.

That "Member Tickets" option isn't AFL Members, so whilst AFL Barcodes will work, it doesn't apply the $10.90 upgrade fee, it applies a discount to a full priced ticket, and sits you elsewhere.

You're talking about what pops up online on a laptop etc.

Yes, it is an error, like I was told on the phone by AFL Member services.

There is currently no way for AFL members to purchase the correct tickets using the current Ticketmaster app.

Yes, but through the new Ticketmaster app (they recently rolled out a new one, not an updated one), there is no "AFL and Centre Wing Members" option, just quite literally the game then two buttons; one that says "See tickets" in red, then underneath it says "Member Tickets" in blue.

That "Member Tickets" option isn't AFL Members, so whilst AFL Barcodes will work, it doesn't apply the $10.90 upgrade fee, it applies a discount to a full priced ticket, and sits you elsewhere.

You're talking about what pops up online on a laptop etc.

Yes, it is an error, like I was told on the phone by AFL Member services.

There is currently no way for AFL members to purchase the correct tickets using the current Ticketmaster app.
There sure is, you just have to know what you’re doing.
When the app redirects you to the afl home page you have to click on the club who’s home game you are looking for.
The afl and centre wing option is there every time.

There sure is, you just have to know what you’re doing.
When the app redirects you to the afl home page you have to click on the club who’s home game you are looking for.
The afl and centre wing option is there every time.
Sorry i meant via this;

If you click browse by team that's the right way to get but if you didn't know and you clicked member tickets below, that's not for afl members. That's where the confusion lies. And the afl admit it's an error. It is an error. Really there should be another button underneath that saying afl members.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501_083317_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_083317_Chrome.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 83
Sorry i meant via this;

If you click browse by team that's the right way to get but if you didn't know and you clicked member tickets below, that's not for afl members. That's where the confusion lies. And the afl admit it's an error. It is an error. Really there should be another button underneath that saying afl members.
You have to click see tickets.

I know that. But to someone who's new to it, as an afl member, they click member tickets, how are they to know any different?
Who cares about people who are new. Why do 2 month silver members deserve the same right as 13 year silver members???
I know how to buy the best afl members seats because my family has been doing so since 1989.

Who cares about people who are new. Why do 2 month silver members deserve the same right as 13 year silver members???
I know how to buy the best afl members seats because my family has been doing so since 1989.
Because they pay the same ...

Because they pay the same ...
They are loooking at bringing in the MCC system into the afl, where people pay into bronze before they sit on a waiting list for a decade before they reach silver.
That was the last word from the AFL members association meeting with the afl membership department.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are loooking at bringing in the MCC system into the afl, where people pay into bronze before they sit on a waiting list for a decade before they reach silver.
That was the last word from the AFL members association meeting with the afl membership department.
Would love that. Collars and no riff Raff

Technically it is already in. The waitlist is at capacity (we assume 30K) so you are stuck with bronze until spots on the waitlist open up.

If you go onto the website you cannot get silver anymore this year.

Technically it is already in. The waitlist is at capacity (we assume 30K) so you are stuck with bronze until spots on the waitlist open up.

If you go onto the website you cannot get silver anymore this year.
Ye its only come in, in the last month though. Will be expecting it to be made more official moving forward.

This weeks Around The Grounds email has this in it
MEMBERSHIP CHECKS
AFL Memberships are strictly non-transferrable. To ensure smooth entry, always carry photo ID as membership checks will be carried out at random.

The integrity of our membership is important to us and the fair access of all members.
Members who transfer tickets risk having their AFL Membership downgraded, suspended, or cancelled.

They starting to check people again?

Doubt it, probably just trying to flex their muscles ahead of a massive game tomorrow night.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Easiest way to discourage membership sharing would be to have the member's photo on the physical and digital membership card like the MCC does and to force the use of that card for entry by not having a barcode on the member's reserved ticket. It mightn't prevent sharing but doubtless it would make it harder and would make members think twice before doing so.

Until then, it's clear the AFL doesn't care because it's completely unenforceable given any random check could be towards a guest or an interstate club member with access rights or a Medallion Club ticket holder, or just a random person with a member's card who claims to have no photo ID with them.

Easiest way to discourage membership sharing would be to have the member's photo on the physical and digital membership card like the MCC does and to force the use of that card for entry by not having a barcode on the member's reserved ticket. It mightn't prevent sharing but doubtless it would make it harder and would make members think twice before doing so.

Until then, it's clear the AFL doesn't care because it's completely unenforceable given any random check could be towards a guest or an interstate club member with access rights or a Medallion Club ticket holder, or just a random person with a member's card who claims to have no photo ID with them.

They take you to the window and ask adress DOB etc.but easily enough remembered if the person tells you all that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back