AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes at times their walkup allocation shits me but the problem is it's Friday night and Pies and Bulldogs have about 14k afl members based on the last time they issued stats and the Bombers+Brisbane less than 7k, so I can see why there is no level1 walk up. MCG website estimates Bombers crowd 10k less. Also says M54 around to M4 is walk up for Pies so just go and sit there.
I shouldn’t have cross over and compete in GA.

Out of those 14k, I’d say at most 5-6 k would have pre purchased. Still leaves plentry of room.
I can still get 6 level one tickets if I buy online. These won’t sell. It’s a rort.

I shouldn’t have cross over and compete in GA.

Out of those 14k, I’d say at most 5-6 k would have pre purchased. Still leaves plentry of room.
I can still get 6 level one tickets if I buy online. These won’t sell. It’s a rort.
Yeh but there might only be a few rows available in a few bays. Sometimes it's not practical to hand left overs to walkup. I've found the last couple of years they have improved walk up allocations, 5 or so years back they were really milking it. If you don't think those seats will sell then just go and sit in them.

If there are bays available they may release more bays tommorow.

Its also part of the reserve seat package for Collingwood for some silly reason which could be why there are less seats on level 1 availiable for purchase.
I doubt there will be. I have M24 reserved. There's not too many bays after M24 in the AFL reserve and one is occupied by the Auskick kids.

Last edited:

It’s a joke now. No longer offering level one walk ups at Collingwood games.

Crowd tomorrow is expected 50k. Should easily be two bays of walk up available.

Essendon v Brisbane has a total of 8 for what will be a similar crowd.

You can also buy plenty of seats for Collingwood v Dogs level one indicating they aren’t allocating any bays to walk ups despite lacklustre ticket sales.

No walk bays in level 1 for Collingwood games? What a rip. Did walk ups to level 1 for Richmond games last year to 90% of games and Richmond had a bigger attendance for the year. The AFL membership is just a joke at times. I've been a member for many , many years and they have slowly stripped it back section by section to what it is today......not to mention the total greed they work by come finals times.

No walk bays in level 1 for Collingwood games? What a rip. Did walk ups to level 1 for Richmond games last year to 90% of games and Richmond had a bigger attendance for the year. The AFL membership is just a joke at times. I've been a member for many , many years and they have slowly stripped it back section by section to what it is today......not to mention the total greed they work by come finals times.
There is still level 1 walk up for some lesser Collingwood games. It's all based on demand, if people didn't rush in and reserve level 1 seats there would be more walk up.
Also remember Pies have 12k afl members which is way more than any other club, Tigers less than 5k based on the last time they released stats.

But I agree it would be nice to keep some seats on the wing walkup like they used to 10 or so years back for all but the biggest games.

Person on the PA outside gate 6 said to have your membership card ready as they’ll be checking them but once I walked through there was no one checking (this was around 1.30)

Anyone get checked?

Person on the PA outside gate 6 said to have your membership card ready as they’ll be checking them but once I walked through there was no one checking (this was around 1.30)

Anyone get checked?
Forgot my membership at home, there was a checker there around 1:00 that I had to evade

Anyone get checked?
Heard the same thing but no one was checking. The other week at the Pies v Bulldogs game I watched a bloke get checked at the turnstile. Had those little machines that look like a eftpos machine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand AFL have released an allocation of AFL Members Reserve seats to NAB customers for Rounds 16-19, coinciding with today's on-sale.

Matches where the AFL have granted AFL Members Reserve seats at MCG to NAB customers to purchase:

Hawks v Pies
Ess v Syd
Carl v Melb
Rich vs GWS
Rich v Port
Geel v Hawks
Coll v Rich
Carl v Adel

More erosion on AFL Member entitlements by the AFL and their corporate partners. Hawks v Pies, Geel v Hawk, Coll v Rich should be Hands Off as the demand will already be high.

I understand AFL have released an allocation of AFL Members Reserve seats to NAB customers for Rounds 16-19, coinciding with today's on-sale.

Matches where the AFL have granted AFL Members Reserve seats at MCG to NAB customers to purchase:

Hawks v Pies
Ess v Syd
Carl v Melb
Rich vs GWS
Rich v Port
Geel v Hawks
Coll v Rich
Carl v Adel

More erosion on AFL Member entitlements by the AFL and their corporate partners. Hawks v Pies, Geel v Hawk, Coll v Rich should be Hands Off as the demand will already be high.

NAB customers get access to the above at the same time as paying AFL Members. from 9am today.

It's a big F U to paying AFL Members.

Just rechecked this thread, was actually 778. Sill much better than the 200 odd they've upgraded the past few years

Interesting to see the number of gold upgrades increase sback to the old levels.

It's either significantly higher churn this year that in the last few, or as others have speculated before, they have reduced the number of gold memberships by not upgrading people 1:1 to non-renewals, and the number of gold members is now at a level they're happy with, hence the return to more-traditional upgrade numbers.

Hawks v Pies
Ess v Syd
Carl v Melb
Rich vs GWS
Rich v Port
Geel v Hawks
Coll v Rich
Carl v Adel

******* ridiculous...but we knew this.

I have already conceded I will miss another GF this year, and possibly won't see one again with the Ticketek queuing system + erosion of space

Interesting to see the number of gold upgrades increase sback to the old levels.

It's either significantly higher churn this year that in the last few, or as others have speculated before, they have reduced the number of gold memberships by not upgrading people 1:1 to non-renewals, and the number of gold members is now at a level they're happy with, hence the return to more-traditional upgrade numbers.

If the much speculated Great Southern Stand refurbish/rebuild occurs then the turnover should increase too. But good signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back