AFLW 2017 - R2 - W.Bulldogs v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy troll going on every conceivable thread about women's football to say how s**t it is, dead in 3 years, would lose to u10 boys, worse skills than Auskick, gets a warning, and this may drive fans from the game?

If this is something that would drive a 'fan' away, then said fan can **** off.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
It goes well beyond that poster when it comes to people being told their views are unwelcome and threads being locked. If everyone keeps treating these women like children it will turn fans away. There are people legitimately giving this concept a go who see positive and negative elements to what we have seen so far.

That's all I was saying, you don't need make up to kick a ball, lay a tackle and so forth. Some people are too precious and scared of criticism.
Bigotry of low expectations seen everywhere. Some of these posters do not seem to understand the lack of respect they are affording these women.

It goes well beyond that poster when it comes to people being told their views are unwelcome and threads being locked. If everyone keeps treating these women like children it will turn fans away. There are people legitimately giving this concept a go who see positive and negative elements to what we have seen so far.
There is almost unbounded criticism. Outside BF, the criticism verges on vicious. Knoe how many, 'should have stayed in the kitchen' comments I have seen?

I have no issues with criticism, I am well aware of the games shortcomings, its hate, and particularly hate dressed up as objective criticism I have a hard time with.

If BF isn't going to be a place you can debate female football without having to deal with the s**t that goes with female sport, then I do.not see the point of it.

We have bay 13 for a reason.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Criticism of a player wearing makeup is a criticism of that individual player rather than a criticism of the game.

Archaic? LOL. You keep fighting the good fight for sports women to wear full faces of makeup during competition without anyone thinking it looks a little silly. Hopefully Holmes can smash that glass ceiling so that the likes of Karolina Pliscova, Johanna Konta, Sam Stosur Etc can wear a full face of makeup while playing in professional tennis tournaments played in summer months while they can feel confident in how they look on the TV cameras. Because that is what is more important than the competition at hand.

Wearing a full face of makeup while playing a physical sport like Australian rules football at the supposed highest level looks a little silly to some observers.
You are behaving like a complete dick. Seriously it's none of your business if they wear makeup or not. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

That's all I was saying, you don't need make up to kick a ball, lay a tackle and so forth. Some people are too precious and scared of criticism.
It's ridiculous criticism. It's like someone saying men shouldn't wear man buns. If she chooses to wear makeup, it's HER business, not yours.

Can it be used as a sunscreen?
As far as I know there are some foundations that contain sunscreen. I've seen, for example, SPF15 written on the bottles. I don't wear makeup myself - I've always been one of these people who think people should like me for who I am as a person, rather than for what I do or don't choose to wear on my face (that plus the fact that my co-ordination is so bad, I'd look like a demented clown if I tried to apply it - but if someone else is confident and comfortable in themselves wearing it regardless of what they're doing, then more power to them.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back