AFLW 2017 - R2 - W.Bulldogs v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Are there many professional sportspersons who have done it? I do not know about some people here but when I run out onto the ground I expect a strong possibility of having my face come into contact with the grass or mud while getting a contested ball from under a pack. Maybe some approach the game another way.
Does it matter though?

Wearing make up isn't going to impact how she goes about her football. She was one of Adelaide's best tonight, and certainly didn't shy away from the contest

I like that she isn't afraid to be both a footballer, and a girly girl if you know what I mean.

Its a counterpoint to the sleeve tatts, and makes it easier for other girls who like footy, but who are also into beauty products etc to actually admit and commit to footy.

Historically, such girls tended to stay away because of the stigma.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
I guess some of the ribbons in the hair can be an expression of the type of femininity you are referring to. Is that amount of makeup really practical for the task she is about to complete?

Did anyone hear the under breath laugh by one of the commentators after that kick out on the full in the forward pocket. Bit disrespectful.

Nahhh that was Anthony Hudson chuckling in response to Kate Sheahan butchering the pronunciation of Jessica Sedunary's surname.

I guess some of the ribbons in the hair can be an expression of the type of femininity you are referring to. Is that amount of makeup really practical for the task she is about to complete?
Does it affect her footy? I'm just not sure what your problem is with it?

The number 21 for the Pies wears ribbons as her mum is so blind, it's how she knows it's her.

Wearing a full face of makeup in a physical contact sporting competition that wants to be taken seriously is a bit cringe. Not sure why it has got so many people defensive.
Oh dear god. I'd like to welcome you to the 21st century where women can do whatever the hell they want! You might like to join us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Touchy touchy

What I am is quite fed up with your recent nonsense where women and football is concerned.

They're playing sport, they're not on a fashion shoot.

So what? If they want to look their best whatever the occasion thats their perogative. Again, its not a health and safety issue so there is literally no reason why they cant wear it if thats their choice. These women are in high definition on tv, with thousands of people looking at them and their faces.

What I am is quite fed up with your recent nonsense where women and football is concerned.

So what? If they want to look their best whatever the occasion thats their perogative. Again, its not a health and safety issue so there is literally no reason why they cant wear it if thats their choice. These women are in high definition on tv, with thousands of people looking at them and their faces.

They don't need to wear make up to play football. Not even the feminine male afl players do it. Who cares if they're on tv ? Next you'll be saying its ok for them to reapply after eating a face full of grass after taking a mark prior to kicking for goal.

They don't need to wear make up to play football. Not even the feminine male afl players do it. Who cares if they're on tv ? Next you'll be saying its ok for them to reapply after eating a face full of grass after taking a mark prior to kicking for goal.

You are being ridiculous. How many threads do I need to ban you from before you get the message?

Ridiculous they're at the footy, not Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows - no need for make up!
Correct. Absolutely no need for make up.

But if she wants to, who gives a s**t.

What are the genuine reasons against wearing makeup? You know, ones that will impact a game of footy.

I'll give a hint to get you started, 'It's not a fashion shoot' isn't one.

You are being ridiculous. How many threads do I need to ban you from before you get the message?
It is worrying how sensitive you are on the topic of womens football. Your methods are the type that may drive fans away from the game.

You seem like a proponent of the soft bigotry of low expectations whether you realise it or not.

Oh dear god. I'd like to welcome you to the 21st century where women can do whatever the hell they want! You might like to join us.
Aww gees. You know people can judge others on their actions as well. Can you name many serious successful contact sportspeople that wear a full face or makeup during competition?

All power to her to wear it during matches and all power to others to find it hard not to view her as overly vain for doing so. It was a little cringeworthy. But not as bad as the offended some others show over any non super positive thing said about the game.

It is worrying how sensitive you are on the topic of womens football. Your methods are the type that may drive fans away from the game.

You seem like a proponent of the soft bigotry of low expectations whether you realise it or not.
Footy troll going on every conceivable thread about women's football to say how s**t it is, dead in 3 years, would lose to u10 boys, worse skills than Auskick, gets a warning, and this may drive fans from the game?

If this is something that would drive a 'fan' away, then said fan can * off.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Aww gees. You know people can judge others on their actions as well. Can you name many serious successful contact sportspeople that wear a full face or makeup during competition?

All power to her to wear it during matches and all power to others to find it hard not to view her as overly vain for doing so. It was a little cringeworthy. But not as bad as the offended some others show over any non super positive thing said about the game.
Got no problems with valid criticisms of the game. A player wearing makeup isn't one of them. Take your archaic views back to the 1960s where they belong.

Got no problems with valid criticisms of the game. A player wearing makeup isn't one of them. Take your archaic views back to the 1960s where they belong.
Criticism of a player wearing makeup is a criticism of that individual player rather than a criticism of the game.

Archaic? LOL. You keep fighting the good fight for sports women to wear full faces of makeup during competition without anyone thinking it looks a little silly. Hopefully Holmes can smash that glass ceiling so that the likes of Karolina Pliscova, Johanna Konta, Sam Stosur Etc can wear a full face of makeup while playing in professional tennis tournaments played in summer months while they can feel confident in how they look on the TV cameras. Because that is what is more important than the competition at hand.

Wearing a full face of makeup while playing a physical sport like Australian rules football at the supposed highest level looks a little silly to some observers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back