AFLW - GC SUNS licence approved for 2020 #GetSet

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry mate. I probably could have worded that better. The sweetness comes from a certain Brisbane Lions supporter suggesting we wouldn't even be competitive for a decade. As you always say, it's a sweet feeling when you prove Brisbane people wrong but I was never intending to pull down other GC posters with my post. I understand why some members of our fanbase were doubting the team in our first season but a prediction of 10 years of mediocrity (or worse) from an opposition supporter was too much for me to cop.
Again, it wasn’t directed specifically at the Suns. I was clear as daylight from the get go I was talking about both teams and QLD women’s footy as a whole in QLD.

I’m as happy as the next person to be proven wrong, and I’ve never wished ill on the Suns in any circumstances.

Disappointing to see round 4 match against Adelaide on Sunday 22 March.. should’ve been played on the Saturday 21 march before round 1 game against port

Looks like the Lions have started well against GWS and it's in our best interests for Brisbane to beat the Giants today. A Lions victory will of course mean we remain just two points behind 3rd place (finals) with a very winnable game against Geelong this Friday night in Mackay. A win over the Cats means we jump back into the top 3. Adelaide head to Tasmania to play North Melbourne next week which is most likely going to result in a loss for the Crows but GWS should beat Richmond which will again knock us out of the top 3 by two points. The following week sees GWS play the Crows which is an excellent opportunity for us to get back into the top 3 with a win over West Coast. We've got a good chance to play finals this season, if you can't tell. First things first though - we need to beat Geelong this Friday night.

Also, Kalinda Howarth is now equal with the leading goalkickers in the AFLW with 5 goals for the season and Jamie Stanton should poll really well again this week after her 17 disposal performance against the Kangaroos.

No votes for stanton this week.
North Melbourne v Gold Coast

10 Jasmine Garner (NMFC)
8 Emma Kearney (NMFC)
4 Ashleigh Riddell (NMFC)
3 Lauren Bella (GCFC)
3 Ellie Gavalas (NMFC)
1 Jade Pregelj (GCFC)
1 Kalinda Howarth (GCFC)

so a little behind that 2nd spot she was in last week..

Leaderboard

38. Jaimee Lambert (COLL)
27. Kiara Bowers (FRE)
27. Jasmine Garner (NMFC)
27. Madison Prespakis (CARL)
24. Emma Kearney (NMFC)
22. Ebony Marinoff (ADEL)
22. Karen Paxman (MELB)
22. Jamie Stanton (GCFC)
21. Kate Lutkins (BL)
21. Ashleigh Riddell (NMFC)
20. Emily Bates (BL)
17. Anne Hatchard (ADEL)
15. Dana Hooker (WCE)
15. Alyce Parker (GWS)
15. Emma Swanson (WCE)
14. Ellie Blackburn (WB)
14. Monique Conti (RICH)
14. Olivia Purcell (GEEL)
13. Sophie Conway (BL)
13. Daisy Pearce (MELB)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast v Geelong

10 Nina Morrison (GEEL)
8 Olivia Purcell (GEEL)
6 Jamie Stanton (GCFC)
3 Kalinda Howarth (GCFC)
2 Amy McDonald (GEEL)
1 Richelle Cranston (GEEL)

Leaderboard

45 Jaimee Lambert (COLL)
37 Jasmine Garner (NMFC)
35 Kiara Bowers (FRE)
35 Madison Prespakis (CARL)
32 Karen Paxman (MELB)
29 Emma Kearney (NMFC)
28 Jamie Stanton (GCFC)
26 Emily Bates (BL)
26 Ashleigh Riddell (NMFC)
25 Alyce Parker (GWS)
22 Ebony Marinoff (ADEL)
22 Olivia Purcell (GEEL)
21 Kate Lutkins (BL)
18 Monique Conti (RICH)
17 Sabreena Duffy (FRE)
17 Anne Hatchard (ADEL)
17 Dana Hooker (WCE)
16 Ellie Blackburn (WB)
15 Jenna Bruton (NMFC)
15 Kerryn Harrington (CARL)

Great to see another local girl in Taylor Smith making her AFLW debut this week. Maddy Roberts is also a chance to debut and I'm sure Mr Bods is very happy about that!

I would love to see her get a game that’s for sure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back