AFLW Rnd 2 - Carlton v GWS Gameday Discussion/Autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Been worse if we'd lost.

No team is ever out of the contest in this league.
This is true. And at least we haven't lost any of the key players in the engine room (such as the Blonde Bash Brigade).

Can be proud of the team tonight, left nothing out there.

Been a pretty torrid week and injuries on the night didn't help. Seem to be very focussed and ready for the contest.

That's playing for the jumper girls WELL PLAYED in shitty conditions. Couldn't be prouder of the team!!

Up the Baggers!!!!

2 from 2 ..... the boys have some catching to do when they start :)

Loynes smashes through 4 players and according to Underwood she is playing for the free.

Seriously, **** off

I cannot stand Underwood with her whiny voice and inane comments - does my head in.

As painful as listening to Luke Darcy and Tim Watson.

They go in hard for sure
Sucks they can get injured so easily as a result
Confident Bri Davey will be a fracture of some sort you can tell the other players must have heard if they reacted instantly

Harris shoulder hopefully just a stinger that responds after a rest

This is to the AFL who have been at our noses all week about how "unattractive" we've been playing to try and damped our success. Well as they say defences win premierships and the way Carlton Women are playing, we'd be just about flag favourites after this performance. They are hard at the footy, solid at the back and smart with the football and if the AFL are so darn scared that were going to win ugly each week then stuff them. We'll do whatever it takes...

I'm sure most blues fans enjoy watching the games at the moment and will even more as we aim to win our first women's flag. Go blues!!

I think it's quite ironic.

Carlton defenders are holding their positions while the opposition forwards roll up the ground to outnumber at the contest.

Then when the opposition win the ball and kick forward to the Carlton defenders (because there's no forwards left there) it somehow is a problem created by Carlton?

FMD!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last week was lack lustre. This week was anything but, great effort from the girls. Inspired and inspiring.
Heart goes out to Bri, in particular, an abbreviated season, she has to be done with the green stick coming
out. Fingers crossed Tayla is minor injury, or our season is in extreme jeopardy.

You don’t call for the happy green stick for an acl tear, must be fractured/broken but if so she clearly didn’t drink enough milk growing up as there was nothing in it that she wouldn’t do 10000 times a year

"Green Stick" is a wonderful invention - but definitely a bad sign for her.

Just heard of the injury to the skipper Davey but can't find much other than it was to the leg

Does anyone know how long she'll be out for and whether she'll be up for next week?

The Blues were good. The opposition poor. 15 shots at goal was a significant improvement on last week. I liked how we worked the two goals that were scored in general play. The defence is well organised. On ball is a problem. So many repeat ball ups because the close in skills are ineffective. I’m sure they’re working on it.

The injuries are a terrible outcome. The key defender and the key forward. Both played well tonight and demonstrated their strengths. Davies reads the play so well and has excellent skills. Harris is ferocious at the ball and has very sticky fingers. Her ball drop is awful but she can work on that. Brazzale and Loynes were in the best players as well.

The Blues were good. The opposition poor. 15 shots at goal was a significant improvement on last week. I liked how we worked the two goals that were scored in general play. The defence is well organised. On ball is a problem. So many repeat ball ups because the close in skills are ineffective. I’m sure they’re working on it.

The injuries are a terrible outcome. The key defender and the key forward. Both played well tonight and demonstrated their strengths. Davies reads the play so well and has excellent skills. Harris is ferocious at the ball and has very sticky fingers. Her ball drop is awful but she can work on that. Brazzale and Loynes were in the best players as well.
They may have been poor tonight but last week peeps were raving how they'd pushed Melb to the edge .

With such a short season by the time we figure out who's good the season is basically over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back