AFL Autopsy AFLX 2019: Bolts v Rampage v Flyers v Deadly, Marvel Stadium, Friday 22nd February, 7pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams have been picked, four Essendon players among them... here's hoping they don't get injured.

Andrew McGrath - Team Bolts (Dangerfield)
Dylan Shiel - Team Rampage (Riewoldt)
Michael Hurley - Team Flyers (Fyfe)
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - Team Deadly (Betts)

Where: Marvel Stadium
When: 7pm AEDT, Friday February 22

The four teams are competing for a prize pool of $50,000, with $30,000 given to the nominated charity of the winner, $10,000 to the runner-up and $5,000 each to the other two teams.

Team Deadly (Betts) are playing for the Indigenous Literacy Foundation, Team Bolts (Dangerfield) for Variety SA, Team Rampage (Riewoldt) for Maddie’s Vision and Team Flyers (Fyfe) for the Royal Flying Doctor Service.

AFLXteams060219.jpg

Same rules as last year, square pitch, ten players per side, ten point super goals, etc. They're also introducing a new rule where a nominated player on each team is worth double points in the last five minutes of the game.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-06/aflx-draft-four-captains-pick-their-teams

Looking at the lineups you'd think McGrath the most likely to get significant minutes. Old man Hodge won't want to be the guy chasing lightning fast small forwards all day and there's no other small defenders. I guess maybe Rich.

I like how Betts team is pretty much all small forwards. Can't see our man getting much of a look-in up forward. Maybe he'll get a go down back.

If this was a real match I reckon Fyfe's team is the best followed by Riewoldt's. In this format who knows.

This s**t can * right off. I’m extremely annoyed the club allowed such important players to participate, hopefully they all succumb to a slight ‘niggle’ or ‘hamstring awareness’ the day before the game and get scratched.

This s**t can **** right off. I’m extremely annoyed the club allowed such important players to participate, hopefully they all succumb to a slight ‘niggle’ or ‘hamstring awareness’ the day before the game and get scratched.
Just about every club has atleast 1 star player playing it’s not like we are the only club giving good players.

Just about every club has atleast 1 star player playing it’s not like we are the only club giving good players.
That’s not the point. As a fan I expect the club and players to be focused on the season ahead and making finals, not participating in the wet dream of some marketing hack at AFL HQ.

Predictable responses in this thread. The players that nominated want to play in this. It gives them an opportunity to play and mix with players from opposition teams that they normally face off against. The chance of injury will be low and most likely a lot lower than the training sessions being put in right now (which would be at it's absolute peak). It's also not marketed towards 99% of the people who visit Big Footy...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So. *******. Gimmicky. Watching last year was a zooper dooper flat experience.
Silver lining? At least there are fewer of our players taking part...

So. *******. Gimmicky. Watching last year was a zooper dooper flat experience.
Silver lining? At least there are fewer of our players taking part...
The maximum from one club was 4 we literally have as many as any other club :(

If we ignore it will it go away?

Predictable responses in this thread. The players that nominated want to play in this. It gives them an opportunity to play and mix with players from opposition teams that they normally face off against. The chance of injury will be low and most likely a lot lower than the training sessions being put in right now (which would be at it's absolute peak). It's also not marketed towards 99% of the people who visit Big Footy...
Does them wanting to do it mean we have to be happy with the decision? Or enjoy the neon stains thrust in our faces with it?

Ollie Wines wanted to go water skiing........Luke Hodge wanted to drink drive.........Alex Fasolo wanted to get drunk and do dumb s**t........

They might want to do it, and it may be lower intensity than training, but at least injuries at training are building towards a team benefit.

Does them wanting to do it mean we have to be happy with the decision? Or enjoy the neon stains thrust in our faces with it?

Ollie Wines wanted to go water skiing........Luke Hodge wanted to drink drive.........Alex Fasolo wanted to get drunk and do dumb s**t........

They might want to do it, and it may be lower intensity than training, but at least injuries at training are building towards a team benefit.
Noones asking you to enjoy it. Hell you dont even have to watch it.

And lol at using 3 extreme examples vs what will be glorified circle work.

I sure as hell don't want them playing and I won't be watching it but reality is its going to be a pretty casual run for these blokes.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about injuries - its just glorified touch rugby 7's style circle work - just be used to get a bit of touch and run in the legs.

....unless there is a carlton player you can line up id say its pretty hit and giggle

wait, do Carlton have any desirable players? or are they still standing against the wall getting sad waiting to be picked?

I think I echo the sentiments of everyone who's posted here so far. It doesn't interest me in the slightest, I won't watch so much as a second of it, and I just hope our lads come away with zero injuries.

I wouldn't worry about injuries - its just glorified touch rugby 7's style circle work - just be used to get a bit of touch and run in the legs.

....unless there is a carlton player you can line up id say its pretty hit and giggle

wait, do Carlton have any desirable players? or are they still standing against the wall getting sad waiting to be picked?
Imagine Cripps going down playing AFLX ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back