Game Day Round 20 - Essendon v Sydney, Marvel Stadium, Saturday 29 July, 7.25pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round20.jpg

Form Line.jpg

ESSENDON BOMBERS

895250-question-of-gelato-whodunit.jpg

I have no words.
I love Mason Redman.

ESSENDON BOMBERS 7.7 49
def. by
WESTERN BULLDOGS 13.12 90

BEST:
Ridley, Langford, Merrett
GOALS: Wright 3, Langford 2, Merrett, Guelfi

-----------

SYDNEY SWANS

It was fine seeing a vintage Buddy performance until you realized he was just gearing up to give us a solid reaming for one last time this week. Unless he decides he wants to play again next year.
The Swans started the match on fire with 6 of the first 7 goals of the match, and the Dockers never got their heads into the game post that.
Ever since Freo beat us post-bye, they've just... Stopped. So that's great.
Luke Parker ended up with 31 touches and 8 clearances, meaning he's in great form leading up to the game with us - so it's looking promising.
Parker and Franklin are in form going into a crucial game in the chase for finals footy. Good.
I'll admit I thought J. Daicos and Martin were shoe-ins for the AA wings, but I hadn't properly watched Sydney. Gulden is unreal.

FREMANTLE DOCKERS 12.4 76
def. by
SYDNEY SWANS 16.9 105

BEST:
Parker, Franklin, Rowbottom, Hayward, Papley, Gulden
GOALS: Franklin, Hayward 3, McDonald, Mills, Papley, Heeney 2, Gulden, Warner

Line Ups.jpg

Round20.jpg

ESSENDON EMERGENCIES: Elijah Tsatas, Kaine Baldwin, Alwyn Davey Jnr, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
SYDNEY EMERGENCIES: Ryan Clarke, Aaron Francis, Jack Buller, Dylan Stephens

ESSENDON OUTS: Stringer, Ridley (Both injured)
ESSENDON INS: Menzie

SYDNEY OUTS: Clarke (Sub)
SYDNEY INS: -

-------

Sub to be chosen from the emergency list one hour prior to bounce.

Milestones.jpg

mills150.jpg

Last Time.jpg

ROUND 16, 2022
MCG
2/7/2022

ESSENDON BOMBERS 15.5 95
def.
SYDNEY SWANS 12.14 86

---------

ESSENDON GOALS: Merrett 3, Stringer, Wright 2, Heppell, Kelly, Langford, Redman, Hind, Jones, Durham, Hobbs
SYDNEY GOALS: Warner 3, Franklin, Reid, Heeney 2, Mills, Papley, Hayward

ESSENDON BEST: Merrett, Hind, Redman, Parish
SYDNEY BEST: Warner, Parker, Lloyd, Mills

----------

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:

ESSENDON OUTS: Stringer, Jones, Shiel, Ridley, Draper, D'Ambrosio
ESSENDON INS: McGrath, Perkins, Cox, Bryan, Menzie

SYDNEY OUTS: Reid, Hickey, P. McCartin, Clarke, Stephens
SYDNEY INS: Amartey, Wicks, Cunningham, McLean

The Tip.jpg

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in. So let's hope that happens again tonight.

Essendon by 3.

Ess will bounce back tonight. Yes they’re a bit tired and we have a couple missing but I think it’s going to be a home team win. Fly up dons.

It's my birthday. Just had lunch with the family and ate way too much food. Now I'm looking forward to relaxing... I'm going to loosen the belt, sit on the couch, and watch us kick some swan's butt. Go Bombers!

al-bundy2.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's my birthday. Just had lunch with the family and ate way too much food. Now I'm looking forward to relaxing... I'm going to loosen the belt, sit on the couch, and watch us kick some swan's butt. Go Bombers!

View attachment 1758850

It’s my Birthday also with Freo and GWS winning, hopefully the outsiders keep the trend going. And I’m full as…purposely wore no belt…but hopefully can still fit in a couple slices of pizza during the game

Go Dons!

I’m hanging for Voss and Montgomerie to play…hoping they could have brought them in tonight.

Should have covered Ridley at least…they might play through McDonald tonight if Cox is on him…not sure how well Cox plays defence atm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back