Politics Black Lives Matter

Remove this Banner Ad

If you were 10 goals up at the end of the fourth quarter, would you ask to play extra time? Because that's what these protests are. They were ahead. Everyone already believed Floyd deserved justice, but they wanted extra time (to protest).

If you were 10 goals up at the end of the fourth quarter, would you ask to play extra time? Because that's what these protests are. They were ahead. Everyone already believed Floyd deserved justice, but they wanted extra time (to protest).
Being black in the US is the equivalent of being 10 goals down before the start of the first quarter. They're pissed off, and rightly so. The looting is a side issue.

As an Adelaide supporter I think you'd probably go along with a fifth quarter being added to the 2007 Grand Final. Port Adelaide could have been beaten by over 200 points:cool:

It’s not just about Floyd though that’s thething people are forgetting. Floyd was the last straw.

Being black in the US is the equivalent of being 10 goals down before the start of the first quarter. They're pissed off, and rightly so. The looting is a side issue.

What rights do blacks not have that non-blacks have in the US that puts them 10 goals down before the start of the first quarter?

And I can't say I'm surprised you think the looting is just a "side issue". As I've pointed out before, you probably just sit in your left-wing bubble where it's all just peaceful protestors getting smacked left, right and centre by the terrible police. However, in the right-wing bubble, it's complete pandemonium with looting and rioting out of control and cities burning to the ground.

Anyway, to digress, do you guys at least acknowledge that there are actually more non-black victims of black crime than there are black victims of white/non-black crime? Or does that actually come as a shock to you?

Question for leftists: Has every vision you've seen been of "peaceful" protestors being attacked by police, sans any looting or destruction of property?

I can probably state (being right-leaning) that those on the right only see looting and destruction of property with only a very small smattering of peaceful protests (when it coheres to their narrative).
You are becoming woke. Right wingers read fox and left wingers read washington post. One say police are killing protestors the other says protestors are killing police.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently 30k people are going to protest in Melbourne. Why? We're not the US.

We disagree on a lot but this is spot on, one wonders why vicpol are happy not to fine these people yet will go to the ends of the earth to nab anyone else? Some of the rhetoric regarding this topic from state government reps are really poor, certain set of rules for some and not others.

I agree 100% on your first point and this is where the US Gov need to get engaged in bringing opportunities to the many lost black communities in urban America. Trump could deadset wipe the floor in November if he had any brains, he has the biggest deciding issue he can win people on and he has yet to do a single thing.

On your 2nd point, I disagree, the violence and looting is directly attached to the protests either way you look at it.

Barely read the hun mate, but that’s disgusting.

**** Just seen the photo, MSM misconstrued reporting again, it’s clearly not aimed at the girl. Who’s going to hold these criminals to account? The MSM cause more damage than any other organisation in the world.
Yep - even the guy that took the photo has now said that it wasn't being aimed at the child but the media continues to report that it was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back