List Mgmt. Aisho Going Elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade week is just sh!te, player gets drafted to a club, two years later wants to move elsewhere, nominates a club who have no doubt been into his manager for some time, then other clubs jump in from everywhere to try to high-jack any deal its a freakin shark pool.
You're right and this is where I think the Pies have done well this year. They identified their targets early and did what they had to do toconvince them to come. By the time the others clubs (Hello Richmond) joined in, the damage was done. I think Hine, Buckley & co deserve a fair bit of credit for the work they have put in on these players.

Hey Snoop, as you're a keen draft watcher I have a question for you.

With Aish at AFL level I have not liked what I've seen. And I'm not just talking about this year where he battled injuries, even last year when he was getting a bit of the ball in the Brisbane midfield I didn't particularly like his attributes. Although he gets the ball, he looked slow, not necessarily a great kick and the type to avoid the contest (which is fine if you have Gaff's speed or Sidey's endurance but he doesn't).

Now I assume this is partly due to him not being happy in his environment and his lack of motivation – which incidentally is probably another thing that I don't like if he always needs to be externally motivated to play his best.

Today I had another look at his original draft highlight video. Obviously these are very limited in what they can demonstrate, but I didn't find much to be impressed of and I still have major concerns on his speed.

My question is: what is it that made him so highly rated in the 2013 draft? What type of mid was he at junior level? I'm conscious that he must have been very dominant to be rated as the best mid in that draft or close to it and I assume we're chasing him as we're predicting these skills to translate at AFL level but I'd like to hear your take on it.

I actually have the same concerns and thoughts on him as you do.

But every "expert" out there rate him massively so they must see something we currently can't.

In saying that he was ranked number 1 in meters gained and ball retention/KE in his 1st year in the game. Thats a decent effort for a first year player.

You're right and this is where I think the Pies have done well this year. They identified their targets early and did what they had to do toconvince them to come. By the time the others clubs (Hello Richmond) joined in, the damage was done. I think Hine, Buckley & co deserve a fair bit of credit for the work they have put in on these players.

As long as they land them, which i think we will.

As long as they land them, which i think we will.
True. But unlike Carlisle, there has been no inkling of any wavering from them. The only thing we have really heard is "Collingwood, nowhere else". Its a good sign imo

I actually have the same concerns and thoughts on him as you do.

But every "expert" out there rate him massively so they must see something we currently can't.

In saying that he was ranked number 1 in meters gained and ball retention/KE in his 1st year in the game. Thats a decent effort for a first year player.

I must admit I like his football smarts, his positioning and his ability to take the time to spot the right option is a stand out, I just think at the moment from what I've seen it doesn't counterbalance the lack of a physical side and particularly the lack of speed.

Can you expand on your stat? He was ranked no.1 in the competition for meters gained? That's a massive surprise to me. Or is it at Brisbane?
Also no.1 in kicking efficiency? I thought recently a stat came out that he was one of the most ineffective mids by foot in the league this year.

Last edited:
Apparently North chasing him hard now. Need to get deal done quick

Sent from my E2053 using Tapatalk

This only matters if he actually had an interest in going to north. At this stage all we know is his preference is Collingwood. Unless his manager comes out and says he is open to going to north if we can't get the deal done then it doesn't matter how hard north chase him

I must admit I like his football smarts, his positioning and his ability to take the time to stop the right option is a stand out, I just think at the moment from what I've seen it doesn't counterbalance the lack of a physical side and particularly the lack of speed.

Can you expand on your stat? He was ranked no.1 in the competition for meters gained? That's a massive surprise to me. Or is it at Brisbane?
Also no.1 in kicking efficiency? I thought recently a stat came out that he was one of the most ineffective mids by foot in the league this year.

Think it was at Brisbane read it on another forum.

Heres a different post relating to it.

Date Posted:12:09 26/09/15 Sat
Author: Pyeman
Author Host/IP: pa49-183-196-35.pa.vic.optusnet.com.au / 49.183.196.35
Subject: No good that Aish, 18 dis av debut season and elite for retention rate and meters gained.
In reply to: Magpie Greg 's message, "We are getting one" on 10:53 26/09/15 Sat

Numbers took a dip this year because of injury and some funny business with the coach, but still displayed quality ball use. No need for his type at the CFC, we have to many of his type! [/QUOTE ]

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it was at Brisbane read it on another forum.

Heres a different post relating to it.

No real stat there though, just a statement saying he is 'elite for retention rate and meters gained' and not sure where the data comes from.

I remember an infographic coming out recently that showed he was one of the most ineffective mids by foot so I'm not surprised to see no KE stat in there either.

Again I'm willing to admit that his form at AFL level might not be reflective of his talent so far (even his first year IMO), but I'd like to hear from those who have watched him at junior level.

No real stat there though, just a statement saying he is 'elite for retention rate and meters gained' and not sure where the data comes from.

I remember an infographic coming out recently that showed he was one of the most ineffective mids by foot so I'm not surprised to see no KE stat in there either.

Again I'm willing to admit that his form at AFL level might not be reflective of his talent so far (even his first year IMO), but I'd like to hear from those who have watched him at junior level.

That graphic was from this season, where injury, confidence and mental state was all over the shop.

The year before he stacked up well.

Aisho going elsewhereo to north melbourneo. Was a good thread while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back