Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarksons.

Alistair to North in 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 257 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 75 22.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no doubt Clarkson would bring his own crew wherever he goes.

Ok yep, agree with you and is the only way i'd be satisfied with the move anyway.

I am not up with the soft cap rules at all, but we've changed/paid out a lot of coaches in very short time so is this even a possibility to remove another set? (not saying it isn't, genuine question)

Ok yep, agree with you and is the only way i'd be satisfied with the move anyway.

I am not up with the soft cap rules at all, but we've changed/paid out a lot of coaches in very short time so is this even a possibility to remove another set? (not saying it isn't, genuine question)

We might have to “Tom Lynch” them all and run with a list of 30.

I can only see this working if Noble voluntarily wants to step down as he has had enough of being head coach and would be happy to General Manager / List Manager and Clarko has a soft spot for North and genuinely wants to help us be a powerhouse again. I'm sure Clarko would be able to command top dollar from any of the larger clubs given his pedigree.

Maybe he just wanted time away from the AFL to do the things he's been doing.

That’s how I see it, & he wants a team on the rise when he comes back whenever that is, not one rebuilding from the bottom. He clearly had no interest in that prospect once the Hawks bottomed out, and that sound bite on 360 was nothing more than a distant admiration of what the club has in their hands, and he’s merely saying that if he were coach, he’d be chomping at the bit for the opportunity to have those guys on his list.

Does this mean he’ll come back to coach North once we come good? Yes, no, maybe, I don’t know, can you repeat the question etc.

Not sure how we can bring in Clarko when his game style is significantly different in specifics when it comes to possession, structures and zoning etc. It will just create more headaches for the young lads that need time and continuity in a development and game style teaching system that is consistent throughout their career until, perhaps, when they are experienced enough, we can go after guys like Clarko.

Training our boys to be as disposal-perfect as the Hawks were, will take us 300 years.

Not sure how we can bring in Clarko when his game style is significantly different in specifics when it comes to possession, structures and zoning etc. It will just create more headaches for the young lads that need time and continuity in a development and game style teaching system that is consistent throughout their career until, perhaps, when they are experienced enough, we can go after guys like Clarko.

Training our boys to be as disposal-perfect as the Hawks were, will take us 300 years.

Even if he's flexible to look at our list and engineer a custom path to success I can't see how this can work out.

If as Jumping Roo said Noble volunteers to step aside, it makes him look inept if we don't land Clarkson.

If we start secretly chasing Clarkson and Noble gets wind of it it becomes untenable.

This is a scenario we can only have a swing at Clarkson if we can wear burning the bridge with Noble. Not saying we should do this because it's a really high risk move.

Even if he's flexible to look at our list and engineer a custom path to success I can't see how this can work out.

If as Jumping Roo said Noble volunteers to step aside, it makes him look inept if we don't land Clarkson.

If we start secretly chasing Clarkson and Noble gets wind of it it becomes untenable.

This is a scenario we can only have a swing at Clarkson if we can wear burning the bridge with Noble. Not saying we should do this because it's a really high risk move.
Or if we have a bunch of other coaches we also prefer to noble

I like the idea of keeping noble in an admin role

Might as well get it rolling.

Luka Doncic Mavs GIF by Dallas Mavericks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back