The young talent Clarkson has to mould

Remove this Banner Ad

Frank Thring

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Luke Hodge said tonight on the Channel 7 coverage that one of Clarkson"s great attributes is the connection he makes wirh the younger players. He spoke about his experience as a young player and the impression Clarko left on him. He went on to say that the young blokes at North will want to play for Clarko and not let him down.

Clarkson"s ability to make any player better has beem spoken widely today and with added belief by the players of the man in charge, how exiting is it going to be to watch the following young men develop.

Phillips
Horne-Francis
LDU
Simpkin
Curtis
McKay
Larkey
Zurhaar
Powell
Goater
Bergman
Young
Dawson
Steevo
Chom
Bonar
Ford
Coleman-jones
Xerri
Taylor
Perez
Archer
Mahoney
Edwards
Scott
Cooper Harvey
Potentially 2 top 10 picks

This is going to be so much fun to watch. We will probably still be crap next year but I now believe in the grand plan.

How good is it being a North supporter.

Last edited:

Luke Hodge said tonight on the Channel 7 coverage that one of Clarkson"s great attributes is the connection he makes wirh the younger players. He spoke about his experience as a young player and the impression Clarko left on him. He went on to say that the young blokes at North will want to play for Clarko and not let him down.

Clarkson"s ability to make any player better has beem spoken widely today and with added belief by the players of the man in charge, how exiting is it going to be to watch the following young men develop.

Phillips
Horne-Francis
LDU
Simpkin
Curtis
McKay
Larkey
Zurhaar
Powell
Young
Dawson
Steevo
Chom

Phillips
Horne-Francis
LDU
Simpkin
Curtis
McKay
Larkey
Zurhaar
Powell
Young
Dawson
Steevo
Chom
Bonar
Ford
Coleman-jones
Xerri
Taylor
Perez
Archer
Mahoney
Edwards
Scott
Cooper Harvey

This is going to be so much fun to watch. We will probably still be crap next year but I now believe in the grand plan.

Bonar
Ford
Coleman-jones
Xerri
Taylor
Perez
Archer
Mahoney
Edwards
Scott
Cooper Harvey

Are Charlie Comben and Miller Bergman on your list? I've lost track of the nicknames. If they're not listed, Comben in particular could be anything - if he can just string 3 games together without getting injured. I still have faith in Will Philips - glandular fever can really take a toll.

And Bergman got promoted to the Ones even though he needed a lot more time in the gym.

Not sure about Mahoney or Lazzaro. Over to you, Clarko!

Are Charlie Comben and Miller Bergman on your list? I've lost track of the nicknames. If they're not listed, Comben in particular could be anything - if he can just string 3 games together without getting injured. I still have faith in Will Philips - glandular fever can really take a toll.

And Bergman got promoted to the Ones even though he needed a lot more time in the gym.

I missed Bergman and Goater actually but thanks for picking that up.

I’m most excited about his straightening up a couple players like JHF, Thomas and Sleevo. If these guys don’t come on how we would like or expect, well I won’t be able to blame the club and our development any longer.
My thoughts exactly. These are the three who Clarko can impact the most. I'm hoping we can turn Thomas into a half back to replace Hall and all our other plodders effective immediately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our under 25 team

Perez McKay Bonar
Goater Logue Thomas
Powell Phillips Taylor
Sheezel Comben Stephenson
Zurhaar Larkey Curtis
CCJ Simpkin LDU
Wardlaw Scott Xerri Harvey Ford

Emg: archer Dawson young Mahony lazzaro George Drury edwards
That's insane. Add in George and two first rounders in a year's time.

Charlie Comben is listed as "Chom" and Miller Bergman is listed as... "Bergman."

Bergman has dark horse written all over him and could end up being that Sam Wright (or much more successful) Corey Enright dour defender with brilliant footy IQ, creative vision and neat skills.

It's action time. Hopefully it has been a successful mould and not mold.
Despite losing two key players I'm optimistic, at least for round one.
We are not at a stage where any one (or two) injuries are going to massively impact our season. If anything it gives a chance to see our depth tested.

I’m really keen to see Dawson play a bigger role in the back half, and for X to hunt Goldy’s number 1 ruck role.

We have to someone see the silver linings. If HMac hasn’t have gone down in ‘08, we wouldn’t have seen the bloody awesomeness that was Drew’s AA40 ruck year. There are countless other examples.

All we have to do is enjoy the ride and hope our injured players come back fit, firing and more determined.

Bergman has dark horse written all over him and could end up being that Sam Wright (or much more successful) Corey Enright dour defender with brilliant footy IQ, creative vision and neat skills.

There's a great deal of hope for our 2021 draft crop. All of them have shown something significant so far.

Pick 1: Some bloke we don't talk about any more (essentially either Sheezel or Wardlaw, depending on which way you spin it)
Pick 22: Josh Goater
Pick 35: Paul Curtis
Pick 38: Miller Bergman
Pick 59: Jackson Archer

Still too early to make the call on any of them, but they're all decent prospects at this stage.

I'm looking forward to the Q&A dropping this afternoon to actually hear what Clarkson thinks of the list & our players.

Every time he's been interviewed since taking the job (albeit limited), the questioning has always been about Hawthorn, the investigation, why he didn't take the Essendon job etc. etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back