Coach Sack Clarksons!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sadly various Rawling blunders will take a while to rectify. I'm staggered that a guy who was initially employed as Head of Football, had his role split and then demoted to List Manager wasn't simply rissoled in the first place. :stern look

After the first 2 rounds I believed Clarko had short tracked our progress and we were well on our way.4 losses later and after listening to Clarkos earlier interviews it is looking more like the 5 year plan he talked about.Maybe we all got ahead of ourselves after the first 2 and wanted to believe our list was better than we thought.This rebuild will not start till the end of the season don't worry about the wins and losses let's worry about who's left on the list after the years end.

After the first 2 rounds I believed Clarko had short tracked our progress and we were well on our way.4 losses later and after listening to Clarkos earlier interviews it is looking more like the 5 year plan he talked about.Maybe we all got ahead of ourselves after the first 2 and wanted to believe our list was better than we thought.This rebuild will not start till the end of the season don't worry about the wins and losses let's worry about who's left on the list after the years end.

It can’t be a 5 year plan and shouldn’t be.

How Goater, Bergman and Perez are not playing and we are picking Turner, Howe, McDonald, Taylor (as a mid), shiels, greenwoods and Scott shows we are only dipping our toe in the water as to what needs to be done to address this fiasco.

It can’t be a 5 year plan and shouldn’t be.

How Goater, Bergman and Perez are not playing and we are picking Turner, Howe, McDonald, Taylor (as a mid), shiels, greenwoods and Scott shows we are only dipping our toe in the water as to what needs to be done to address this fiasco.

Jury is out on Perez for me, but your list of dead weight that we’ve carried through 6 rounds is spot on. Those 7 wouldn’t get a game anywhere else, and you could add Hall, Tucker and Corr as well.

Jury is out on Perez for me, but your list of dead weight that we’ve carried through 6 rounds is spot on. Those 7 wouldn’t get a game anywhere else, and you could add Hall, Tucker and Corr as well.

Sorry, I missed Corr

I agree that the jury is out on Perez, but it isn’t on several guys getting a game in front of him

Scotts, Shaws, Nobles and Clarksons. It's not the coach. It's the club.
What part of "the club" is the problem?

In the last year we've changed the President, the CEO, the Footy GM, the senior coach, assistant coaches, ruck coach, the runner, recruiters, Performance Head, the list goes on. The people we brought in were apparently high end talent. They're all part of the "the club". So where has it gone wrong?

In the last year we've changed the President, the CEO, the Footy GM, the senior coach, assistant coaches, ruck coach, the runner, recruiters, Performance Head, the list goes on. The people we brought in were apparently high end talent. They're all part of the "the club". So where has it gone wrong?
Subtracting those listed it leaves it as either the accountants, the coffee cart manager, or the playing list that are the problem. I know which I think it is!

The first two rounds I was very excited.

A lot of run and dash, youth being played (Bergman/Goater over Hall for example) and with supposed key players still returning.

The last 4 rounds have been utter rubbish. A bunch of older recycled types, playing with long term proven failures from our own stock.

This selection policy, various parts of the gameplan and not just appalling skill level, but consistently selecting guys with an appalling skill level needs to bring Clarko into question.

Scoring 54 points and losing to Gold Coast by 41 after the horrific display last week is not acceptable and something needs to change quick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first two rounds I was very excited.

A lot of run and dash, youth being played (Bergman/Goater over Hall for example) and with supposed key players still returning.

The last 4 rounds have been utter rubbish. A bunch of older recycled types, playing with long term proven failures from our own stock.

This selection policy, various parts of the gameplan and not just appalling skill level, but consistently selecting guys with an appalling skill level needs to bring Clarko into question.

Scoring 54 points and losing to Gold Coast by 41 after the horrific display last week is not acceptable and something needs to change quick.
Not sure if serious

The players.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Subtracting those listed it leaves it as either the accountants, the coffee cart manager, or the playing list that are the problem. I know which I think it is!
Damn straight, let’s get him!
IMG_2366.gif

What is this place? Where am I? The land of negativity? Come on people we are tracking fine! Cannot possibly judge it after 2 great results, 2 ok ones and 2 horrendous ones when we are the wooden spooners!

Hall early his spot, so has Howe and tucker. Hall won't be there for more then 1 more week he wasn't great. But seriously give the team and coach a chance

I think the sooner everyone realises this is a turnover year the better you will feel. Clarko isn’t setting up for a smash and grab tilt at a flag (he doesn’t have the list to do it anyway). He is setting up a long term plan for a few bites of the cherry. I assume he is starting by flushing out the senior blokes at the start of the year and then working out who to keep off the younger guys second half of the year. 5-6 wins tops. In 2 years the team will look vastly different.

He doesn't seem too concerned, taken on the Steve Kerr relaxed persona, which I think the group needs at this point in time.
This is a season of laying the foundations and making an assessment of the players in different positions on the ground.
I think this early its also about building up the players' confidence and showing them little wins vs giving out a spray every week.
It's the difference between a coach whose seen it all vs Kingsley at GWS who looks frustrated every game he coaches and its Round 5 ffs.
A lot of road games early is also a tough one, with a Perth trip in there too, pretty amazing we pulled out that Freo win in hindsight.
The selection of Hall, Howe, Turner and Shiels is an interesting one. Making the young kids earn there spot I think is a fair but at some point the balance between experience needs to trend younger. Perhaps this is one way of managing not being too good too early and staying bottom 2 or 3?
Maybe they want to unlock a spot and take somebody in the midseason draft?
I'm not too concerned with win/loss this year but ideally we have more wins but development isn't always linear.
Last thing I personally want is us rising fast and thinking our list is better than it is like Blues and Dockers. We've got holes everywhere. I pretty sure Clarko would be keen to get Wardlaw in asap and give players like Drury a taste later in the year, so it's a balancing act.
First thing he is probably trying to settle is the back six or seven as a group. I'd like to see Goater or Bergman back there, as I think with Howe, Corr, Ziebs, Logue and McKay we're probably not as agile and quick, but again this could be a way of not being too good too early.
I'd be targeting the games against Hawks, WCE and GWS as potential wins. Don't forget, we nearly beat Swans and Pies last year so there will be one week where we're on and a top 8 side is a little bit off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back