NT Alice Springs: 2024 Curfew

Remove this Banner Ad

Disgusting the pile on by media etc and they probably don’t care will go to the next pile on when that arises.

Shows Dutton is getting the hang of manipulating the media focus.

Disgusting the pile on by media etc and they probably don’t care will go to the next pile on when that arises.

I'm not sure one can blame the media for raising the attention of the issues faced by indigenous and or remote communities. Rather I would blame them for not raising the issue consistently over the last five decades.

What is also frustrating is the federal government should not be called upon to lead the issue but rather local government and the states should deal with local issues. The feds should only get involved if requested by the state and supply the tools on the recommendation of the states.

This means Dutton and the PM should not be getting in front of the camera unless standing alongside the state or local government.

I'm not sure one can blame the media for raising the attention of the issues faced by indigenous and or remote communities. Rather I would blame them for not raising the issue consistently over the last five decades.

What is also frustrating is the federal government should not be called upon to lead the issue but rather local government and the states should deal with local issues. The feds should only get involved if requested by the state and supply the tools on the recommendation of the states.

This means Dutton and the PM should not be getting in front of the camera unless standing alongside the state or local government.
raising it is fine. wilfully creating fear in order 2 stir up disquiet is quite another. the 'poison dwarf' called it a 'war zone' in typical newscorpse fashion.

I think it's interesting how much you can provide to a conversation with one breath then cause one to question your wisdom with the following:
I wouldn't waste money on drug and alcohol rehab. to stop taking drugs costs nothing other than making a decision.

Last edited:
I think it's interesting how much you can provide to a conversation with one breath then cause one to question your wisdom with the following:

If someone has made a choice to put alcohol to their lips, meth into their system or other; they can make a choice not to.

I'm on record for saying we should have drug smorgas board facilities with rehab, that way people can enjoy themselves in a safe location and get help when they choose to leave.

I wouldn't offer these services in society, as it is not appropriate for many reasons.

Our efforts should always be targeted towards success not those who chose to fail.

If someone has made a choice to put alcohol to their lips, meth into their system or other; they can make a choice not to.

I'm on record for saying we should have drug smorgas board facilities with rehab, that way people can enjoy themselves in a safe location and get help when they choose to leave.

I wouldn't offer these services in society, as it is not appropriate for many reasons.

Our efforts should always be targeted towards success not those who chose to fail.
It'd be an interesting topic to have a conversation about, but I don't want to derail the thread. Suffice to say I really don't agree with you on this, even if I can see - in a way - what you're trying to accomplish.

raising it is fine. wilfully creating fear in order 2 stir up disquiet is quite another. the 'poison dwarf' called it a 'war zone' in typical newscorpse fashion.

I wouldn't recommend anyone read new corp outlets but when you hear about sub 2 yos turning up to hospital with STDs and a story more than a decade old of a person so drunk, they couldn't get up when dogs starting eating him alive........in front of dozens to drunk to help him.

We are a better nation than this and efforts should have been made much earlier to tackle "participation". If we have a purpose to get up each morning with the sun, sober, and provide leadership to the next generation to do the same; we would not be in this mess.

We have to look at what failed when we kicked indigenous people of the stations and work forwards from their.

Heres the problem right here. There are legitimate issues up there that need real, adult, conversations and you call it a pile on. Imagine trying to address this with so many people sharing your attitudes. If someone were to put those kids in safe homes, that'd cause a stir despite it be so blatantly obvious its needed...

What do you actually want people to do, and who to do it

By pile on I mean probably more media coverage in a week than in several months.

Are you saying the issue is proportional to the media reports
When children are being raped and domestic violence is up some 50% in 12 months id argue its still not getting enough coverage.

There was more coverage about a public holiday date (achieves nothing tangible) than the atrocities happening every day up there. This voice vote isnt going to win anyone over when shit like this is still so wide spread and elders/leaders etc who want this voice seemingly say nothing about it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When children are being raped and domestic violence is up some 50% in 12 months id argue its still not getting enough coverage.

There was more coverage about a public holiday date (achieves nothing tangible) than the atrocities happening every day up there. This voice vote isnt going to win anyone over when s**t like this is still so wide spread and elders/leaders etc who want this voice seemingly say nothing about it?
I know someone who recently had to file 4 mandatory notices of suspected sexual assault at his outback ( wa ) school, on the SAME day. He did a lot of them in a small community school.

You are right that a public holiday seems to take precedence than the welfare of children. That would challenge too many people though.

I know someone who recently had to file 4 mandatory notices of suspected sexual assault at his outback ( wa ) school, on the SAME day. He did a lot of them in a small community school.

You are right that a public holiday seems to take precedence than the welfare of children. That would challenge too many people though.
No politician is going to risk getting their hands dirty. To make meaningful change will be viewed as culturally insensitive which is a political minefield. Better to have the inner city white folk focused on something that doesnt matter but makes them feel better about themselves fighting it. If people were to focus on actual change it'd get too hard for the leaders...

With what's come out today in the Robodebt RC I'm not sure we can really take the Murdoch screeching about this in particularly good faith. There are undeniably issues in Alice Springs but I dare say the way we've seen the issue pushed into the the front and centre of the agenda via Dutton's visit there reeks of a Robodebt style stitch up between conservative politicians and amenable media.

With what's come out today in the Robodebt RC I'm not sure we can really take the Murdoch screeching about this in particularly good faith. There are undeniably issues in Alice Springs but I dare say the way we've seen the issue pushed into the the front and centre of the agenda via Dutton's visit there reeks of a Robodebt style stitch up between conservative politicians and amenable media.
Another reason nothing will ever change. Whenever something is highlighted, you lot say "what about that team of politics". For how much the left voters demand change you sure stand in the way of any meaningful change with your actions 😂

Another reason nothing will ever change. Whenever something is highlighted, you lot say "what about that team of politics". For how much the left voters demand change you sure stand in the way of any meaningful change with your actions 😂
You have a dreaded team in politics just as much as a I do, you're just too stupid to realise it.

By pile on I mean probably more media coverage in a week than in several months.

Are you saying the issue is proportional to the media reports
I have no clue as I only have the medias reports to gauge on.

The fact that there was a town meeting with thousands of Alice Springs residents in attendance probably means it is close to proportional though.

You have a dreaded team in politics just as much as a I do, you're just too stupid to realise it.
Wrong. I dislike both sides 😂. Theyre useless, the cream doesnt rise to the top and theyre all in it for themselves. You lot cheer the left no matter and regardless of how devoid of logic it is

w***ers vandalising the city and gluing themselves to shit should be condemned, but no. "What about xyz"

Wrong. I dislike both sides 😂. Theyre useless, the cream doesnt rise to the top and theyre all in it for themselves. You lot cheer the left no matter and regardless of how devoid of logic it is

w***ers vandalising the city and gluing themselves to s**t should be condemned, but no. "What about xyz"
You don't though, I've yet to see you fall back to a position that isn't textbook right wing orthodoxy. Like I said you're just too stupid to realise it.

I'm not a fan of downplaying a situation which you have no clue about outside of the media (unless you live in Alice Springs) essentially due to your political position.

Clearly there's been a surge of crime in Alice Springs recently and it's not just Murdoch media reporting about it.

Can't just keep saying that all media is right wing and downplaying what may be a serious issue.

I'm not a fan of downplaying a situation which you have no clue about outside of the media (unless you live in Alice Springs) essentially due to your political position.

Clearly there's been a surge of crime in Alice Springs recently and it's not just Murdoch media reporting about it.

Can't just keep saying that all media is right wing and downplaying what may be a serious issue.

I don’t think people are doubting there are issues in Alice Springs

They’re doubting that dutton and the lnp’s propaganda arm are genuine in their commentary and reporting

Let’s see if it’s mentioned in a month

I don’t think people are doubting there are issues in Alice Springs

They’re doubting that dutton and the lnp’s propaganda arm are genuine in their commentary and reporting

Let’s see if it’s mentioned in a month
When you have white residents standing up and telling people to call the cops and demand welfare checks on any black kids they see they see out after dark you have the definition of a racist problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back