Tas Tasmanian Election 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I turn on the ABC coverage and within 15 minutes I see Abetz, McKim and the bogan Lambie.

It's too much.
Lambie might be in danger of having to come up with some policy of her own if it goes well for her tonight and then we'll see if she's capable of being anything other than a reactive politician.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good mate of mine who's very much on the ball in Tassie political circles told me about ten days ago it'll be a hung parliament, looks like he might well be right with that call.
Which means four years of nothing getting done.
I see Abetz has got in.
Lambie is an absolute embarrassment to Tasmania. Utterly hopeless.

Good mate of mine who's very much on the ball in Tassie political circles told me about ten days ago it'll be a hung parliament, looks like he might well be right with that call.
Which means four years of nothing getting done.
I see Abetz has got in.
Lambie is an absolute embarrassment to Tasmania. Utterly hopeless.
2.5 years tops - and I reckon plenty will get done, just not the popular stuff.

Bye bye Lara Alexander
Go Away Goodbye GIF

As long as the stadium gets built...
Betcha that'll either have no roof or they'll shitcan it altogether and want the games played at York Park and one or two minor ones at Bellerive (not up to standard at all).
AFL pulls the plug on it altogether leaving Tasmania looking like a huge laughing stock on the national stage (once again).

Betcha that'll either have no roof or they'll shitcan it altogether and want the games played at York Park and one or two minor ones at Bellerive (not up to standard at all).
AFL pulls the plug on it altogether leaving Tasmania looking like a huge laughing stock on the national stage (once again).
Surely not. I doubt that's what will happen, there'll be a stadium, and most likely with a roof, too. If they didn't have to do it for a team (but Bellerive sucks) then there's no way they would, but the people have spoken -- they want a team, they have to do it or they'll get booted (and rightly so).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back