Tas Tasmanian Election 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely not. I doubt that's what will happen, there'll be a stadium, and most likely with a roof, too. If they didn't have to do it for a team (but Bellerive sucks) then there's no way they would, but the people have spoken -- they want a team, they have to do it or they'll get booted (and rightly so).
After nearly 50 years, nothing would surprise me in Tasmanian politics any longer 🤦
Hopefully you're right!

Good personal vote.

Could David o Bynre return? he is only 400 votes down on Dean Winter and White looks done and dusted. I have no idea about ALp tas factions.
Very unlikely for O'Byrne to have another tilt - the ALP factions here remain the union movement. Josh Willie may be another name and he is heavily backed by the AEU.

I do believe White will throw her hat in the ring federally.

Very unlikely for O'Byrne to have another tilt - the ALP factions here remain the union movement. Josh Willie may be another name and he is heavily backed by the AEU.

I do believe White will throw her hat in the ring federally.
Yuck.

Don't like Willie at all.

his face was on the 4th at New Town Golf Club, and i never played that hole well.

The stadium doesn't need a roof, and if the AFL block the team on that basis then they'll be the laughing stock, not us.
Too late.

Those who are trying to derail the stadium, and possibly the team as a result, have already made Tassie a laughing stock.

As a proud Tasmanian living afar, it's truly embarrassing to see. I'd really hoped that after all these years the state had made it into the 21st century.

Is a Labor - Green government looking increasing likely?
I don't think that will happen. Labor have ruled it out, and even though that might be a broken promise if they had an equal number of seats as Liberals, I think it wouldn't be worth Labor trying to form government from 10 or 11 seats and so low of a primary vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too late.

Those who are trying to derail the stadium, and possibly the team as a result, have already made Tassie a laughing stock.

As a proud Tasmanian living afar, it's truly embarrassing to see. I'd really hoped that after all these years the state had made it into the 21st century.
It's old fashioned thinking that spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a stadium for no reason is always a good idea and that you don't dare question it.

Tucker and Alexander - both gone.
Anyone happen to catch Tucker's two interviews earlier this evening on ABC and the other channel?
Talk about inept. How did that cretin even get a look in? He was HOPELESS.
Might as well have just said "no comment" to every question posed by the journos on the telly. Had no idea and no legible policies.
Good riddance.

My read of the most likely outcome:

• 14 LIB
  • 10 ALP
  • 5 GRN
  • 3 JLN
  • Johnston in Clark
  • O'Byrne in Lyons
  • Garland in Braddon

Braddon's final seat I'm the most unsure of. Presuming there'll be leakage out of Rockliff's vote, and enough of the indy/minor party vote coalescing around each other - it's probably down to Green preferences whether the Libs or Garland takes it?

Bass: 3-2-1-JLN
Braddon: 3-2-0-JLN-??? (Garland?)
Clark: 2-2-2-Johnston
Franklin 3-2-1-O'Byrne
Lyons: 3-2-1-JLN

That's probably a more workable parliament for Labor than Lib, but so, so messy.

My read of the most likely outcome:

• 14 LIB
  • 10 ALP
  • 5 GRN
  • 3 JLN
  • Johnston in Clark
  • O'Byrne in Lyons
  • Garland in Braddon

Braddon's final seat I'm the most unsure of. Presuming there'll be leakage out of Rockliff's vote, and enough of the indy/minor party vote coalescing around each other - it's probably down to Green preferences whether the Libs or Garland takes it?

Bass: 3-2-1-JLN
Braddon: 3-2-0-JLN-??? (Garland?)
Clark: 2-2-2-Johnston
Franklin 3-2-1-O'Byrne
Lyons: 3-2-1-JLN

That's probably a more workable parliament for Labor than Lib, but so, so messy.

I think its more likely

16 lib
10 alp
5 grn
2 jln
johston
obryne

More workable for Lib, but yeah if yours happens then Rockliff may be stuffed

I think its more likely

16 lib
10 alp
5 grn
2 jln
johston
obryne

More workable for Lib, but yeah if yours happens then Rockliff may be stuffed
If it ends up like that, it is very workable and better than what it was before(cause Lara Alexander and John Tucker are idiots, who threatened no confidence)

If all you need is 2/4 votes from the JLN, O Byrne and Johnston, then that is achievable. You can ensure no one player gets too much by playing them off each other. And both DoB and Johnston, though more left-minded than "cowboy hat", will work with the government if they want something done. They won't threaten to take it down as they have a working, mature brain

Or you could get One of the Greens(or ALP) if all else fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back