NT Alice Springs: 2024 Curfew

Remove this Banner Ad

Unlike many people who like talking on these matters, I’ve actually been to Alice Springs somewhat recently and seen what happens first hand. Strict police enforcement on youths in this way is just obvious.

Wow you have been to Alice Springs, you must be an expert on Aboriginal matters there.

Unfortunately, yes

Dozens upon dozens of adolescent residents wreaking havoc and showing little to no respect for anyone and anything, nor displaying any interest in doing any better

Not to mention the screaming and crying that comes out of the houses all hours of the night

No other place in Australia has ever made me genuinely fear for my safety

Oh My

Would love to know who informed you that help is not wanted.
Simple observations. The bulk of troubled individuals don't want help, they want to continue to live their careless and reckless lifestyles free of accountability. The reason Alice Springs is a tip is the fault of a large % of residents.

Simple observations. The bulk of troubled individuals don't want help, they want to continue to live their careless and reckless lifestyles free of accountability. The reason Alice Springs is a tip is the fault of a large % of residents.

You are talking absolute rubbish. You truly have no idea. How many people do you know in Alice and have heard first hand if they want help or not?

You are talking absolute rubbish. You truly have no idea. How many people do you know in Alice and have heard first hand if they want help or not?
If I need help with drug rehabilitation and/or guidance etc. I'm not going to go about it by stealing cars and trashing businesses and blaming the government for it

If I need help with drug rehabilitation and/or guidance etc. I'm not going to go about it by stealing cars and trashing businesses and blaming the government for it

As I have repeatedly said. You have no idea. You don't know one person there and have no idea about what they want and need. One hundred years of Governments should be held to account for what they have done to Aboriginals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I have repeatedly said. You have no idea. You don't know one person there and have no idea about what they want and need. One hundred years of Governments should be held to account for what they have done to Aboriginals.
It's clear there's significant generational trauma at play here as a result of colonisation and long term racist government policy. How should government be held to account?

As per, seeing a lot of whinging and not any actual solutions being suggested. Do you have anything to add or just pointless swipes?

Watching that spanian vid it doesn't seem that bad, late 2000's Northbridge vibes. Like its Alice, did we expect peppermint grove on christmas eve, they seemed mostly friendly

People's material conditions have gotten worse with basic cost of living over the last few years, crime increases, surprise.
Pump up welfare/public housing/govt services, issue goes away. They'll try things that never work like curfews/prohibition/vice taxes/ targeted policing and will say the world is going to the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back