NT Alice Springs: 2024 Curfew

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember you talking about mobs being close knit families where Elders are respected. So where are they?

Most in Mparntwe are dead, the Elders usually die around 15-20years earlier in that area due to the inequity of our country. Obviously, you know that.

You'll have to look hard. not likely you'll find systemic and persistent violence as you see in the Alice. Hence the curfew.

Brisbane and Melbourne are heading that way with youth crime getting out of control
Systemic? You think there's a grand plan behind this or just using words

So I've seen some of the recent footage in the news. It's not good, and folks have got the right to be scared.

But it is still all white man POV reporting. Where are the 1980s style investigative journos like Ian Leslie or George Negus, who had the balls to go in there and talk to these kids, the elders, to listen to them and relay their stories to us?

News is just trash these days, quick clicks and move on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I've seen some of the recent footage in the news. It's not good, and folks have got the right to be scared.

But it is still all white man POV reporting. Where are the 1980s style investigative journos like Ian Leslie or George Negus, who had the balls to go in there and talk to these kids, the elders, to listen to them and relay their stories to us?

News is just trash these days, quick clicks and move on

Most of the Elders are dead.

As for interviewing the kids - great way to get robbed of an expensive piece of camera

wow.
racist and ill informed much.....

Coz these kids have demonstrated adhesion to law and a good moral compass.

This isn't a racial issue - it's about delinquent kids being allowed to get away with acting like idiots with no consequences.

Same as Brisbane and Melbourne. Kid on bail runs down cyclists, and then flys off the handle and throws a table at a monitor when finally refused bail.

Last edited:
So you think Pauline Hanson style rhetoric is the answer?

Because that's what you sound like.

No, where are the Elders and people of authority to pull these ferals into line. As I have said, same happening all over the country - not as bad as Alice, but trending that way with increases in car thefts, and violent home invasions

Watching that spanian vid it doesn't seem that bad, late 2000's Northbridge vibes. Like its Alice, did we expect peppermint grove on christmas eve, they seemed mostly friendly

People's material conditions have gotten worse with basic cost of living over the last few years, crime increases, surprise.
Pump up welfare/public housing/govt services, issue goes away. They'll try things that never work like curfews/prohibition/vice taxes/ targeted policing and will say the world is going to the dogs
More money for welfare or less welfare money wasted on Canberracrats to govern welfare and waste on Canberra solutions with the money saved spent on locally informed solutions?

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Most in Mparntwe are dead, the Elders usually die around 15-20years earlier in that area due to the inequity of our country. Obviously, you know that.

No, I don't. Saying that, I do rely on insights from yourself to provide the perspective of the Aboriginal people. Knowing that help me better understand both sides of any related discussion. I won't necessarily agree with you all the time, but that said, I don't agree with what I read from others either.

I'd say the truth lies somewhere in between.

More money for welfare or less welfare money wasted on Canberracrats to govern welfare and waste on Canberra solutions with the money saved spent on locally informed solutions?

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Obviously more for the recipients. We can agree all day about outsourcing, bloated middle management, and C suite crazy wages. Don't get me started on "job providers". But baseline money in poor peoples hands is all that matters

wow.
racist and ill informed much.....
Every "progressive" 's favourite trump card.

How is what he said racist? Go interrogate a large group of troubled delinquents anywhere in the world and report back how much respect they showed to what you're doing.

Part of the problem is people who have never lived a day in the NT being of the belief they know how to fix our problems, as illustrated in this forum.
The curfew isn't a knee jerk, people have been screaming for it for years and tuesday's behaviour was the final straw.
Bandaid solution? Yes absolutely, however people are fed up with this behaviour.
Bashing down on the indigenous is not the answer which so many up here have adopted however people are fed up with this behaviour and fed up with no leaders in the communities taking any accountability what so ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back