Mega Thread COVID-19 Carlton & the AFL - NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION/NO CONSPIRACIES ETC

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard a middle aged gentleman on 3AW earlier this morning complaining that police have closed his local beach and he now cannot walk his dog there.

Mind-*******-blown.

Some people really live in another universe.

I just shake my head driving to work: people in groups, with kids at the park, mixing, etc.

You can survive without your morning jog for a little while, lol.
I’ve gone without one for 40 years mate.

I take your point. May not be a game changer in and of itself but a fast, reliable and accessible test like this could be instrumental in helping decide how and when to loosen restrictions. As you say lag time to develop antibodies will complicate things but that’s why heavy restrictions or full lockdown is required regardless to have a kind of reset.

There are issues with pcr DNA tests as well such as false positive and negatives for reasons such as timing of test, variable viral loads through course of infection and location of viral loads but they serve a purpose despite not being perfect.

yes I agree. They are both vital to getting ourselves out of lockdown and back to normality. I can see that people wont be able to fly without either a valid serology saying they are positive for antibodies- at least a week old or a PCR test done within 24 hours of flying

Do we still head towards further lockdowns or hold firm on what we’re doing currently? I suppose the figures that come out over the next few days will determine what happens.
I cant see any other way other than complete lockdown like N.Z. And also not being free to leave until tested/ clear. Draconian I know but otherwise we are just chasing our tails.
We need to fully utilize the military to assist in the many ways they could to enforce and assist in a lockdown. I mean they are on full pay and on stand by at all times ready to spring into action in a crisis!! THE TIME IS NOW!!!
They have doctors, nurses, transport, food and medical provisions, mobile hospitals, engineers etc,etc. They could work together with the Police and other essential services.
I don't think too many people would be flocking to the beaches if they saw a heavy duty armoured car/tank with soldiers down there and this action would finally convince people this is REAL and nobody is above it!!!! Not an opportunity to spend a few weeks down at the beach house or go camping. What is happening down at the peninsula and other getaway destinations is outrageous.
BRING ON THE ADF!!!

Last edited:
I’m not the greatest with maths so yo those that are, please jump in.

min relation to the PM, government and posters here, seeing percentage of daily infections across the country dropping from around 30% to 15%.

If you need to have been overseas or to have been in contact with a known corona virus positive person recently to get tested.

then, isn’t the decline in positive tests, purely down to, a smaller pool to test from, as flights have been stopped nearly a week now.

is this a smokescreen? Is it misleading?
Yep exactly there will be a point where there will be more infected people who don’t fit the current testing criteria so this stat could be misleading.

Further restrictions being announced as I type.

It seems we're getting closer to total lockdown but we sure are dawdling on our way.
This is getting infuriating, no gatherings of more then 2 outside now yet they haven't closed down any workplaces.

How any workplace conforms to this to keep working is beyond me, I work in a quarry and we started having our meetings outside but now you have dropped from 10 to 2 I don't know how we even start work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

....and I have joined the ranks of the unemployed.

Motel I’m at is running at 30%, and 6 of those are in isolation, with more to come, and to be frank, I’m no bloody nurse.

I always wondered how I would go as a Frank.

Good work Sco-Mo.

Focused, direct, engaging, positive.

We’re gunna beat this thing people........
He fkg waffles too much ..:2 not 10 that’s not 10 but 2 ok so thats not 10 but 2 so it’s only 2 not 10 ...talks to us like we’re children

Anyway message received

Why take the gamble? When your talking potential Mass fatalities and thousands and thousands of people becoming very ill!! Just lock it down for a while
I agree

Government have hedged their bets.

Gatherings of 2 people, yet it seems you can interact with as many people as you want through work and or education

FFS lock it down, or dont
He’s gutless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back