Suggestion An acknowledgment of those who have passed on

Remove this Banner Ad

Chief and I have toyed around with the idea of like a Big footy 'museum of natural history'.

Basically a board with threads of achievements, notables and other stuff that makes up our collective history.

It wouldn't be a board to post on, merely 'our records'.

I'm happy to get something like this moving, but I'd need some help (collective help).

It's a good idea. And thanks for articulating it - can now see how it could work.
I apologize for the delay in replying to this.

You are making badges for those who have passed on anyway, so it would be a matter of at the same time adding the late posters' name to the "honour board".

So it would involve -
1. Establishing a set of criteria for someone to have a badge added to their profile and their name added to the honour board
2. Working out the format/design of the honour board
3. Adding those posters who already have badges at the moment to the honour board
4. Implementing an ongoing system for notification of the passing of posters from now on

Item 4 would probably be the most challenging, I am not sure what would be the best way to go about it.

In summary, I'd think if you already have a system up and running for badges, running an honour board on top of that would not be that much difficulty.

(I use the term honour board as I can't think of anything better btw).

As I said, the current system is good but unless you go delving through old threads - or you know who to look for by name - you are never going to know if a poster has passed on or not. This suggestion would provide an appropriate way to commemorate all such posters in the one place.

I apologize for the delay in replying to this.

You are making badges for those who have passed on anyway, so it would be a matter of at the same time adding the late posters' name to the "honour board".

So it would involve -
1. Establishing a set of criteria for someone to have a badge added to their profile and their name added to the honour board
2. Working out the format/design of the honour board
3. Adding those posters who already have badges at the moment to the honour board
4. Implementing an ongoing system for notification of the passing of posters from now on

Item 4 would probably be the most challenging, I am not sure what would be the best way to go about it.

In summary, I'd think if you already have a system up and running for badges, running an honour board on top of that would not be that much difficulty.

(I use the term honour board as I can't think of anything better btw).

As I said, the current system is good but unless you go delving through old threads - or you know who to look for by name - you are never going to know if a poster has passed on or not. This suggestion would provide an appropriate way to commemorate all such posters in the one place.

No need to apologise... completely understand.

I agree with you 100%.

Se we need a 'hall of records' and honour board board. where it all lives ...

Let me get back to you.

cammo78's passing reminded me of this. Is something similar to what sherb said still in the pipelines?

You're joking?! :cry::cry:

EDIT: I've just seen the thread on the WB board, this is ******* horrible. Alongside BF he was a regular contributor to the /r/melbourne and /r/australia subreddits. I always recognised his name. This has really saddened me.

The recent bump of this thread has brought to my attention that there are RIP badges for those members who have passed away. I personally knew dynamite_kid and I regret to inform everyone that he recently succumbed to injuries sustained in a car accident

Really weird, but...
upload_2017-9-7_21-4-5.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this is the right place, and the memorial thread on the WCE club board has mentioned it, but QS was the prime reason why the wings were returned on the Eagles jumper with his ongoing social media campaign and talks with the club administration. The badge under my username (and dozens of others) reflect this remarkable achievement.

One of very few instances where a movement on BigFooty has actually resulted in changes in the AFL. We will all miss him greatly and every time his beloved Eagles run out in the wings we all know it was because of him.

Not sure if this is the right place, and the memorial thread on the WCE club board has mentioned it, but QS was the prime reason why the wings were returned on the Eagles jumper with his ongoing social media campaign and talks with the club administration. The badge under my username (and dozens of others) reflect this remarkable achievement.

One of very few instances where a movement on BigFooty has actually resulted in changes in the AFL. We will all miss him greatly and every time his beloved Eagles run out in the wings we all know it was because of him.
As an Eagles supporter I was so happy to see our boys run out in the wings again, it is our identity.
We will all be forever grateful to QS and he deserves recognition and respect. It’s going to be a tough season for the people who knew him and loved him.
May he be Resting in Peace.

Over the past decade and more many of us have found good friends to discuss footy and other stuff, but unfortunately all things must pass, and so do some of Bigfooty's valuable members.

Guys like Toots Hibbert, Lidge, Didaka and others I guess have passed away

Could we not have something next to their name which symbolizes this?

An RIP? or something of that nature?

I ask this because their names come up when doing many searches, or in the members list area.

Just a thought of further acknowledgment from Bigfooty to those who helped make Bigfooty great.
How about the people we don't know if they have? I mean, how would we know outside of others here on BF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back