Another Rumour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by naughty monkey
then they should be fired!
that's 33 to 29 too few

I think that after the player reviews are completed, the following 6 players at least will be told that they are up for trade if the right trade comes along.

Bode
Doughty
Gallagher
Ladhams
Perrie
Marsh

In addition so would the following 4, but the difference there is that they would be delisted if no trade came along - which is more likely in their case.

Crowell
Nelson
Schell
Smith

So that covers 10 of them. Of the balance very few of them would be untouchable (or too inexperieced), but would only come into play if a very big trade was contemplated, and there is not even a whisper of anything like that on the drawing boards.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
The smartest thing AFC could possibly do is to trade for Draft picks or trade up in the draft.

I just hope that we don't go for another quick fix. :(
We should only give up high picks for a young quality player (eg. Ottens). As this is unlikely, I agree with what your saying.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
The smartest thing AFC could possibly do is to trade for Draft picks or trade up in the draft.

I just hope that we don't go for another quick fix. :(

Agree completely.

The list we have has a shot at a flag next year. Maybe not the greatest shot, but a reasonable chance if blokes like McLeod, Goodwin and Carey fire up and Welsh and Stevens stay fit. No need to quick fix or top up to improve our flag chances.

Meanwhile, we should be planning for 2005 and beyond by trying to get the best young talent we can get our hands on.

There is no reason to go the patch up for 2004.

We keep going for the 'quick fix option' look to the long term, if it means the AFC have to bite the bullet and blood the 'kids' lets do it from next year while the experienced players are around, if we go the 'quick fix option' it is eventually going to catch up with us and we are going to in HOT water then:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back