Another Rumour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by macca23
Cripes!! If that deal really did get done, we would be getting dudded big time!! :(
Correct.

Goodwin alone is worth more than pick 5.

Considering White's chronic shin injuries, he is not worth more than Matthew Bode and

Burton is a lot better and far more versatile than Green.

Some people have wild imagination;)

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
Correct.

Goodwin alone is worth more than pick 5.

Considering White's chronic shin injuries, he is not worth more than Matthew Bode and

Burton is a lot better and far more versatile than Green.

Some people have wild imagination;)

You can't blame em for trying,

wonder what the Demons would ask for the Williams kid ??

Given the fact that it appears that the Dees are almost desperate to offload White, and that we desperately need more than 3 marks a game (on a good day) from our two ruckmen, is there a chance that we might trade a Bode plus draft pick for White, who is very good at getting cheap marks all around the ground??

Just had a phone call from an inside contact at the AFC.

As you probably know, they are in the process of doing a review with each player of theirseason and future prospects.

Ladhams, Bode and Gallagher have all been told so far that they will be up for trade.

If they don't end up being traded, Ladhams and Bode are safe to stay on the list IMO, but I think that Gags would be at great risk of being delisted.

As you probably know, they are in the process of doing a review with each player of theirseason and future prospects.

Ladhams, Bode and Gallagher have all been told so far that they will be up for trade.

If they don't end up being traded, Ladhams and Bode are safe to stay on the list IMO, but I think that Gags would be at great risk of being delisted.
Interesting. Bode & Gags doesn't surprise me. But Ladhams is worth keeping IMO as he is one of our midfielders who actually can use the ball. Also, would he move interstate given that he was homesick at Essendon? Would have though Dogga would be up for trade too.

Given the fact that it appears that the Dees are almost desperate to offload White, and that we desperately need more than 3 marks a game (on a good day) from our two ruckmen, is there a chance that we might trade a Bode plus draft pick for White, who is very good at getting cheap marks all around the ground??
I would certainly consider trading Bode for White, as we could use him as a ruckman forward. We could then delist Marsh & give us some more time to develop a young ruckman. Could also consider trading Clarke (not that we would get much).

Bode and Gags are not much of a surprise but as Kane said Ladhams is a bit interesting considering he is one of only a handful that can deliver the ball well.

Bode for White, I am not that keen on. White is an undersized ruckman who has chronic shin injuries. He is 27 and can be inconsistent. Is that really what we need??????:confused:

Originally posted by Bodes_Girl
NOOOOOO, Bode cant go, he is playing alright football atm! i thought Dogga would be up for trade b4 Bode!:mad:
Gee, how about looking at things open minded. just because you like a bloke doesn't mean he is a great player.

I really like how Bodster plays but I am open to suggestions. If we can improve our team by trading him then I say go for it.

Bode has much higher trading currency than Dogga. Hence him being up for trade;)

Here's the deal: Goodwin,Bode and Doughty for Melbourne's pick 5,White and Green...............................you anit having Burton, Green isnt that good:rolleyes:

Fair deal I reakon..........you could change Doughty to Gallagher if you wanted to hold onto Doughty instead;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by maccas_no1
Here's the deal: Goodwin,Bode and Doughty for Melbourne's pick 5,White and Green...............................you anit having Burton, Green isnt that good:rolleyes:

Fair deal I reakon..........you could change Doughty to Gallagher if you wanted to hold onto Doughty instead;)
NO WAY;)

Why would we want Brad Green? IMO, not the type of player we need.

Apart from White who from Melbourne would the AFC be interested in?????? Peter Walsh??????
As much as like Walsh as a player, we have plenty of his type already. Better off trading to get some of their younger players (ie. Smith, Bell) that Stiffy has been talking about.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
As much as like Walsh as a player, we have plenty of his type already. Better off trading to get some of their younger players (ie. Smith, Bell) that Stiffy has been talking about.
Not really interested in Walsh even tho he is a good player.

Would love Daniel Bell and Nick Smith.

BTW, if we are to trade Bode then we should trade up in the draft to get a top 10 pick. Hopefully that way we might get Watts or Bradley

Any word regarding Guerra??????:)

Great news all round, I hope we're really proactive come trade time.

Lads is no surprise to be on the trade list, skillful, but soft around the clinches, and gets found out too often against the good, hard, tough sides.

Hope Doughty and Stenglein get offered around a bit too.

Originally posted by ant
Great news all round, I hope we're really proactive come trade time.

Lads is no surprise to be on the trade list, skillful, but soft around the clinches, and gets found out too often against the good, hard, tough sides.

Hope Doughty and Stenglein get offered around a bit too.
Lads is a reciever. He is not an in and under type of player. Still I would prefer to have his pin point accuracy in passing or shooting at goal.

Gallagher and Bode are no surprise. As I said Bode should be used to trade up in the draft. Hopefully we can get a top 10 pick for Bode and something/someone else.

If Bode and Gallagher go, Dogga stays. Stenglein won't be shopped around.

No need to over react;)

I still think we should cash in on Perrie:)

Lads is a reciever. He is not an in and under type of player. Still I would prefer to have his pin point accuracy in passing or shooting at goal.

Exactly, he's a receiver. In this day and age, against the better sides, everyone has to have more strings to their bow, you have to be able to occasionally go in and get the hard footy. Collingwood have 22 in and under, hard at it players (well, except for Neon Leon ;) ). You can't tolerate softness at the footy, regardless of how skillful you are, because you can't use your skill without the footy.

If Bode and Gallagher go, Dogga stays. Stenglein won't be shopped around.

No need to over react;)

I don't think it's an overreaction, I think it's good management and being proactive, improving the team.

Stenglein is hardly the type of player I'm going to be kicking myself for letting go. For all his wonderful attributes, he has a slow footy brain and makes dumb footy decisions too often. And we have a slightly smaller, ready made replacement in Shirley, who won't fetch as much on the market. I'm not saying give him away, or actively trade him, but if there's something good out there that can improve the team, Stenglein has to be someone we should look at trading. Stinger would have some currency.

But yes, I doubt we'll seriously do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back