Roast Anyone as embarrassed as i am ?...

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing all these coaching candidates literally FALL OVER EACH OTHER to declare that they DON'T want the Crows coaching job.

Well i say this to each and every one of them -

GET ****ED , we don't want you either !!!!!!!!! ( NSWCROW flips the bird at laptop )

VIVA LA BICKLEY

Given that the last coach basically succumbed to public pressure and resigned, the current situation is hardly surprising.

The exhaustive process to find the best coach in the country is largely being done for them.

Its a s**t situation.

As I said on another thread really its that not attractive, the list is a massive mess, broken down into under developed young players, players who should be reaching their peak that have gone backwards and very very ordinary senior players who would be lucky to be on other clubs list let alone even getting a run.

The next coach unless given 4-5 years to rebuild this mess will be merely a scape goat of Neil Craigs failings.

except for Malthouse and Roos who were never going to coach

who has directly publically declared that they are not interested

people keep saying Scotty Burns has, unless I'm missing something I have not read or seen anything that has Scotty Burns (himself) saying that he is not interested

lets be honest, you only need one good candidate

Seeing all these coaching candidates literally FALL OVER EACH OTHER to declare that they DON'T want the Crows coaching job.

Well i say this to each and every one of them -

GET ****ED , we don't want you either !!!!!!!!! ( NSWCROW flips the bird at laptop )

VIVA LA BICKLEY
What do you expect?
Everyone decent who would be making pushes for the head coach gig, would probably be in a finals run for their own club.

This isn't American College football were the coach will jump ship for a better option the second it becomes available. Coaches here will finish the job they started.

It's more likely that these coaches are lieing as to get out of the media spotlight so they can focus on winning finals where they are.

people keep saying Scotty Burns has, unless I'm missing something I have not read or seen anything that has Scotty Burns (himself) saying that he is not interested

6 of This.

Now everyone take a breath. Roos said he didn't want to coach in 2012 months before craigy resigned. Malthouse will never leave Melbourne due to family reasons, mainly grand children. Bassett doesnt feel ready. Goody aint ready either and I don't want him after 1 year. And like ranger said before I haven't heard Burns rule himself out.
However can you hardly blame them. The public pressure alone in Adelaide is enough to make someone go crazy. It's the very reason craig resigned..... due to public pressure and how that was affecting the club. Its tougher coaching in a two horse town like adelaide and perth because you only have the two teams..... Melbourne has 10 to share the load and media.

So in a way all those craig haters out there now need to take a good hard look at themselves because you will be partly to blame for how hard it will be to attract a new coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in a way all those craig haters out there now need to take a good hard look at themselves because you will be partly to blame for how hard it will be to attract a new coach.

This:thumbsu:

Oh, please.

Let's take a rational look at this
- Malthouse: Never an option, has gig @ Collingwood and even if he goes sour on that wants to stay in Melbourne. Nothing to do with "not wanting to coach Adelaide.
- Roos: Said he doesn't want to coach again, long before Adelaide job was on offer.
- Clarkson: Well he's hardly likely to put his hat in the rign right now, is he?
- Burns: Has expressed reservations - not about Adelaide, but because of unfinished business at West Coast.
- Neeld: No public comment that I'm aware of - and anyway, he's an assistant at a team that will be playing in the GF.
- And that would apply to any public statement by any current assistant, especially those at finals-bound clubs. Like they're going to do anything other than dodge the question at this stage. And "dodging the question" they will come across to the average paranoid Crows supporter as - "saying they don't want to coach Adelaide".

So, where exactly is this long list of candidates "falling over themselves" to say they don't want the job? In your imagination, NSWCROW, in your imagination.

And as for:
...its that not attractive, the list is a massive mess, broken down into under developed young players, players who should be reaching their peak that have gone backwards and very very ordinary senior players who would be lucky to be on other clubs list let alone even getting a run.
As opposed to every other club that has ever had a coaching vacancy, where the list has been in tip top shape and ready to contend for the flag in the first year of the new coach's reign. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you should try a little harder to not let your hatred of Craig and the Crows board get in the way of rational thought. :cool:

The sad thing is, the OP is just an indicator of the major PR problem the club has in this process. As soon as Malthouse / Roos / Clarkson are formally out of the race, people will be saying the Crows "should have tried harder".* It'll be G Cornes "we should have bent over for Terry Wallace" in 2004 all over again. Good grief, there will probably be some who will say we should be begging Rodney Eade to coach us :rolleyes:

And every time a Scott Burns or whoever decides "yeah, nah, I think I'll stay where I am / coach Melbourne / whatever" it'll be (a) noone wants to coach Adelaide and/or (b) the club obviously didn't try hard enough and/or (c) it's all Trigg/Craig's fault because they've butchered the playing list and no coach in his right mind would want to coach Walker, Tippett, Dangerfield, Mackay, Sloane, Otten, Johncock, Talia... And there's no chance a new coach could make anything out of players like Reilly, Vince etc.

Nah - the list is crap and no prospective coach in his right mind would want to take it on. :rolleyes:

(Sorry, am I ranting? Oh well... This sort of silly OP really sets me off. I feel better now :) )

* Wasn't it on this very board that someone recently said the club should "make Malthouse an offer he can't refuse" as though he doesn't really mean it when he says he doesn't want to leave Melbourne at this stage of life, and all it will take is a better presentation and a few more zeroes on the payslip? Oh, please.

I don't even thought that Burns had reservations

he was asked the question days after Craigy's announcement and he said that he would seek some feedback in erms of his readiness

people need to be realistic, the club has only today started to advise who is involve in the process and the assessment criteria, not to mention those coaches on our radar will not play it out in the media out of respect for their current clubs, this is why they have Managers

From www.abc.net.au:

"West Coast AFL assistant Scott Burns has ruled himself out of the running for the vacant Adelaide senior coaching job.
Burns is one of a long list of assistants and out-of-contract senior coaches who have been mentioned as candidates after Neil Craig stepped down.
But Burns crossed his name off the list today, explaining he wants to concentrate on helping in the Eagles' revival"

I'm still hopeful for Mr. Burns, I think he would be Excellent for the job.

I also think Bickley would be a great Smithers - Karl would have a ball with his transcripts!!

THe article saying Burns doesn't want the job contains no quotes so it may be that he just wants to focus on this year getting the Eagles thru the finals.

From www.abc.net.au:

"West Coast AFL assistant Scott Burns has ruled himself out of the running for the vacant Adelaide senior coaching job.
Burns is one of a long list of assistants and out-of-contract senior coaches who have been mentioned as candidates after Neil Craig stepped down.
But Burns crossed his name off the list today, explaining he wants to concentrate on helping in the Eagles' revival"

Thanks Dude316

I would say the other reason is that Burns like Bassett does not believe that he his quite ready yet

the likes of Neeld and Sanderson would have a few more miles under their belts

what will be interesting, don't be surprised if Burns jumps ship to Collingwood

Burns is not quoted saying he is out of the running. He was quoted as saying he wants to concentrate on his job with the Eagles. And so he should with finals around the corner.

It is the article from the 30th of July..... Nothing new

Remove this Banner Ad

Back