The theme song, and why I won't renew my membership.

Should the club change the song back

• Yes

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Don't care, but I like bacon.

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

All I know is that TheRankineFile has a bit of an arrogance streak.

But Faith seemed more an idiot.

So unless there's been a heel turn in the new persona. I doubt TheRankineFile's FAITH.

All I know is that TheRankineFile has a bit of an arrogance streak.

But Faith seemed more an idiot.

So unless there's been a heel turn in the new persona. I doubt TheRankineFile's FAITH.

Less arrogant than tired of being trod on and happy to speak my mind.

As a Crows fan of many years .. arrogance is not inherent.

Less arrogant than tired of being trod on and happy to speak my mind.

As a Crows fan of many years .. arrogance is not inherent.
Always liked the cut of your jib Rank, since the old days when you called out as moonlighting as Rooch.

I have no idea what a jib is. But I want to make this very clear. It is NON sexual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always liked the cut of your jib Rank, since the old days when you called out as moonlighting as Rooch.

I have no idea what a jib is. But I want to make this very clear. It is NON sexual.

I wish I was Rooch. I do declare I have never attended a Yankees game.

Is the poop deck what I think it is?

I still sing 'we're the mighty' just as I still sing 'young and free' at the beginning of Advance Australia Fair. That's what happens when you change song lyrics people like - they don't accept it.

I sing "we're the shithouse". I believe in honest lyrics.

Agree, one and free makes no sense. The best is the US "home of the free", largest incarceration rate in the world. Free to bear arms tho ..

1683261247035.png

I like North's song

Just for recreation's sake, to pass the time away!

Me too, it's good. What tune is it based on??

* It is sung to the tune of a Scottish folk song from around 1911, "A Wee Deoch an Doris"

Last edited:

A saying that has taken its place in the English language as meaning, originally, that a person was recognized by the shape of his (her) nose. It has now come to indicate what someone thinks of a person's appearance or demeanour: ‘I like the cut of his jib’, ‘I like his attitude.’ The term originated in the sailing navies of the mid-18th century, when the nationality of warships sighted at sea could be accurately determined by the shape of their jib long before the national flag could be seen. For instance, French jibs were cut much shorter on the luff than English ones, giving a distinctly more acute angle in the clew.

Btw - a jib is a triangular sail (thus the original nose reference)

A saying that has taken its place in the English language as meaning, originally, that a person was recognized by the shape of his (her) nose. It has now come to indicate what someone thinks of a person's appearance or demeanour: ‘I like the cut of his jib’, ‘I like his attitude.’ The term originated in the sailing navies of the mid-18th century, when the nationality of warships sighted at sea could be accurately determined by the shape of their jib long before the national flag could be seen. For instance, French jibs were cut much shorter on the luff than English ones, giving a distinctly more acute angle in the clew.

Btw - a jib is a triangular sail (thus the original nose reference)

Nice. Again .. is the poop deck what I think it is?

(I work in shipping ;))

I don't care about the song, but I'm considering not renewing in protest against the removal of the Barossa Valley hot dog stands from Adelaide Oval. We had them for the first year or two after moving there from Football Park and they were superb. And they just ripped them away from us as if it was nothing. NOTHING.

This aggression will not stand, man.

It was a classic bait and switch. I remember they had a replacement hot dog straight after Barossa Valley was canned. The nervous look on the vendors' faces said it all.

Back