Split threads for Gameday and Good Bad Ugly - anyone interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just wondering if there would be enough interest on the board to have 2 threads for gameday and GBU, split in terms of optimists and pessimists, a thread for each.

The only reason I ask is I get tired of wading through millions of, in my view, absurdly negative comments particularly in these threads, to try and find the couple of useful insightful ones. I really like this site for finding and sharing stuff with people with a shared interest in the crows, but I have no interest in viewing or pronouncing that interest in the same way the emotional reactors / pessimists do, they just make me lose interest in coming on here.

As to how to split it up, there's a group of clear optimists (me, BACCS, Jenny for example) and a group of clear pessimists (I'll let them fill this out) and there's also a large group of could go either-ways. I think the threads would be able to largely self organise, though the optimists thread might reserve the right to boot out people if they let them in at the start, only to find them "not a great fit" down the track.

I don't see how its a harm to do this, its not like 2 extra threads will use up all the memory storage on big footy's server, each group can look what the other one is saying if they want, no rule against that, just only comment in your own group. If it doesn't work, as in there is no interest in, say, for example the optimist threads, then we'll stop it and go back to how it was.

It might decrease the amount of spats between the optimists and pessimists in the other threads as well.

Just a thought. What's others thoughts??

How about one for non-campaigners?
Blank Stare Staring GIF

Yeah I feel like there’s just too much of a spectrum for analysis for this to work. Pessimism and optimism isn’t a black and white thing

If Fogarty takes mark of the year and then sprays the set shot out on the full, will posters be expected to split their reactions across both threads?

It's a fine idea, except for the difficulty in enforcement. At what point does a detailed analysis become too negative and need to be in the negative thread? Maybe the best way would be having a venting-only thread where no in-depth analysis or optimism is required.
I reckon we could self police. We might get our chance this weekend if Kramer makes the two threads. Which thread do you think you'd belong (or want to be) in?

(I know this could depend on how the game goes too, bad start or a loss, there's few optimists / unemotional reacting people, if we get off to a flyer and then belt port, both the optimist and pessimist threads would be pretty positive).

The venting vs analysis thread is a reasonable way to divide it too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Fogarty takes mark of the year and then sprays the set shot out on the full, will posters be expected to split their reactions across both threads?
Yep. Well, the mark of the year comments can defs go in the optimist thread, but it wouldn't be ruled out of the pessimist thread either, the out on the full, well it depends, if it is a comment on an obvious technical flaw, then that can go in the optimist thread, nothing wrong with that, but someone rating about Fog being useless (when he's one of the most accurate kicks in the AFL) obviously aint goin in the optimist thread.

Yes, we need more threads for the usual suspects to derail with tales of what beer they like to drink and South Australian house price trends.
dont forget views on sauce storage as well, it needs endless discussion

I reckon we could self police. We might get our chance this weekend if Kramer makes the two threads. Which thread do you think you'd belong (or want to be) in?

(I know this could depend on how the game goes too, bad start or a loss, there's few optimists / unemotional reacting people, if we get off to a flyer and then belt port, both the optimist and pessimist threads would be pretty positive).

Are you suggesting that negative comments can't be analysis?

Hang on, you think those with valid criticisms are venting and the analysis thread is what optimistic posters are doing?

I'm most likely to appear in the venting or negative threads - ironic given my avatar.

Hang on, you think those with valid criticisms are venting and the analysis thread is what optimistic posters are doing?
If it were to be a thing, the most logical solution would be a ‘Positive’ and ‘Analysis’ thread after a win, and a ‘Negative’ and ‘Analysis’ thread after a loss

But it still seems complicated to manage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back