• Wayne Milera

• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

• Reilly O'Brien

• Jordon Butts

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

*. We are truly ****ed now. We better go after someone like Brennan Cox then.
Let's have a look at Keane before we get too engrossed in Brennan Cox or others of his ilk.

Last edited:
Geez, and Murray was putting together one of his best games yesterday. Was looking elite.

Devastating.

Chance for Worrell to get exposed as a genuine KPD now. See if he's up to it. Unless we go Borlase or Keane I guess

Let's have a look at Keane before we get too engrossed in Brennan Coxbor others of his ilk.
I guess we have to look at all the options now, for the last 5 games, Keane, Borlace, Gollant and Himmleberg

I don't usually join the pile-ons on here against umpires but 21 to 12 against the Ds? A few in the 4th were absolute b.s and momentum killers.
One of our coaches needs to risk the fine and call out our treatment by umpires, especially when we play in Melbourne. I'll join the go-fund-me and kick in 100 bucks.
Is it deliberate cheating? Or is it subliminal? Either way it happens time after time and it shouldn't.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably not so important this year the way the season is playing out.
But devastating for 2024 where he will miss a big chunk of the season ☹️

Well, look on the brightside, one more year of proper commitment to building a squad, and we should be a serious challenger for the rest of the decade.

We have Keane and Borlase who we have to test out now before making knee jerk calls.
We need depth if we lose another key defender. There's no way around it. Worse case Butts goes down and then we have two novice's in Keane and Borlase as our key backs. We will get destroyed. Who do we then play if we lose one of them? Himmelberg? No thanks. Worrell isn't a KPD. We can play him there but he's an interceptor. Will be a great player but he's a 3rd tall.

Last edited:
Anyone got the CBA for yesterdays game?
Hi Kirky,

The easiest way to find centre bounce attendances is via the official AFL app (The AFL LIVE official App) which updates after the game.

I’ve attached a screenshot below, thanks for your interest.

Thanks,
James

Attachments

• IMG_9921.jpeg
    IMG_9921.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 58
Another reminder why losing for high draft picks is an idiotic “plan”

Can’t account for injuries.

I expect this squad with this head ball coach maybe wins 1 more game—maybe.

So the lose for high picks crowd should be over the moon

Unfortunately same selection group and coaching staff remain in place

So on and on and on and on this cycle of suck will go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't usually join the pile-ons on here against umpires but 21 to 12 against the Ds? A few in the 4th were absolute b.s and momentum killers.
One of our coaches needs to risk the fine and call out our treatment by umpires, especially when we play in Melbourne. I'll join the go-fund-me and kick in 100 bucks.
Is it deliberate cheating? Or is it subliminal? Either way it happens time after time and it shouldn't.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I want an explanation for the Viney free against Worrell when Worrell was the one who was taken high and there was nothing in the contact Viney received. What was that for?

I remember about 5 mins from three quarter time (maybe half time) The crows were on a run....centre bounce.... Dawson gets the ball and tries to run through the center. The umps gave a free against for dropping the ball but no one actually had hold of him so it couldnt be dropping the ball. I replayed it in slow motion just to make sure. But that free against slowed our momentum.
Genuine question: does anyone know how the AFL stops or mitigates against corruption with umpires? There so much money in the game now and you can bet on anything…
Not just us , but every week there are so many mind boggling decisions now

I want an explanation for the Viney free against Worrell when Worrell was the one who was taken high and there was nothing in the contact Viney received. What was that for?

The best explanation I can draw is squeaky clean Viney needed the free to allow an easy forward 50 entry for the Ds and eliminate any chance of a fast break Crows rebound.on tge back of the clear momentum they were riding.

The Burgess Effect is a thing being well countered by umpiring decisions late in games.

Also being at the game, home ground cooking favoring the home team is a real thing.

What about how the umpire gave him a full 30 on set shot that was never making the distance? That was taking the piss.

What about how the umpire gave him a full 30 on set shot that was never making the distance? That was taking the piss.

Saw on the replay commentators even remarked it was a long 30 seconds at that.

Let's have a look at Keane before we get too engrossed in Brennan Cox or others of his ilk.
Agree, I am also keen to have a look at Keane whose potential contribution to the team over the coming year has just stepped up.

Whats changed in your view the last 3-4 weeks Bicks as you werent too positive on him based on his exposed SANFL form. Has his form improved much recently in the local league or more just he is the better long term option vs Borlases lack of athleticism?

Did I mention that against GWS in a game where we had clear control for all but the last quarter, we were regularly tracking at 3 frees vs gws's 4 frees, ended up 16 to 19 their way with a few late catch up frees for us. Must be the umpires blocking out noise of confirmation.

Then we play away and the umpires seem to be all in for noise of confirmation and the home team gets double our free kicks.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

In a sense tho, I don't mind this and don't mind the club not complaining, put things like this in the bank to use in the next few years when we should be contending.

Also, us beginning to get a really s**t deal from the umpires is a sign we're returning to being a decent side again.

Genuine question: does anyone know how the AFL stops or mitigates against corruption with umpires? There so much money in the game now and you can bet on anything…
Not just us , but every week there are so many mind boggling decisions now

I don't think it as much gambling (crows winning as underdogs is a win to the bookies) as it is simply incompetence and being overly influenced by home crowds.

The latter is not a thing at AO though. I remember a few years back, umpires made a point of coming out and saying they consciously block out crowd influence at Adelaide games. This is biase by definition.

Agree, I am also keen to have a look at Keane whose potential contribution to the team over the coming year has just stepped up.

Whats changed in your view the last 3-4 weeks Bicks as you werent too positive on him based on his exposed SANFL form. Has his form improved much recently in the local league or more just he is the better long term option vs Borlases lack of athleticism?
Both, athletically he has Borlase well covered and his form has lifted considerably. It would be odd to target him all the way to Ireland like we did if we didn't think he had a long term future with us?
Either way this is the time to give one of them a game but for mine Keane looks to offer more especially with a fair dinkum preseason under his belt.

I also think we should try Keane at this point, but not with any great expectations, simply to determine whether we should keep him.

I'll be a bit controversial. Looking at his Collingwood footage, his virtue to me was that he looked to find, and found a teammate with all of his disposals. The frustrating thing is that he is nothing like the big Irish bull that was advertised. He doesn't use his bulk, seems to avoid contact, and takes marks but doesn't crash packs. I want to see him act like a Murray, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Back