• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Lachlan Sholl

• Tom Doedee

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

A fortnight against the best two sides in it, and we've been competitive.

It's damn hard to play at Kardinia Park and Geelong are heading for another Top 4 finish. Certainly frustrating that you know how you're going to lose down there, but it's so hard to stop it. Geelong just squeeze you.

Anyway, Sydney lost there a fortnight ago by 100 points. Under most games there in the last twenty years our second half would've been a disaster and we would've embarrassed ourselves. We didn't do that today at all, most notably with a tall KPD out.

If we're talking a finals push then we've got to beat the Saints at home, push or beat the Dogs in Ballarat, and beat the Suns in Darwin. We'll be fighting with those sides for an Elimination Final spot. If we don't go at least 3-0 or 2-1 there then back to square one.

I don't want to be that guy, but if the Ben Keays got that holding free kick I think we could have won, we would have been 2 goals down I think with 4:30 on the clock, but we got the result we played like we wanted

Think there will be a lot of unwarranted bedwetting in this thread.

Whole week every one says we are no chance but we play hard all game, we still need to improve but I was happy the effort we put in. Skills and decision making better and we go very close to winning that game.

Not sure what Keays role is in the side, really don't.

Watching the crows play at kardinia park since I was a little Mac, is the reason I look the way I do now. 🤡

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Good
Let me think on it
Murphy started well
We got close

The Bad
We got close and couldnt finish it off
Frustrating errors
Our sub strategy - when a player only has 1 spot they can play then thats a failure of the strategy. Did it help Murray was the one subbed off? No but where did Crab go? Straight to CBA

The Ugly
Same old same old Geelong stadium game

I don't want to be that guy, but if the Ben Keays got that holding free kick I think we could have won, we would have been 2 goals down I think with 4:30 on the clock, but we got the result we played like we wanted
6 points

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ugly: Last week: "We shouldn't have subbed Soligo and we'll learn from that"

This week: Sub - Matt Crouch.

It appears we don't know how to use the sub properly, or how to learn anything.

It was that patch in the start of the second quarter that cost us. Too defensive around the contests and too slow to do something to arrest the issue. Its a positive we worked out what to fix and fixed it but still a bit annoying.

Good effort considering the experience difference, playing away. We kept them under the pump better than a lot of teams lately.

Doedee was on a different page to everyone else. Kicking 3/4 rat power and not gaining ground in what was an obvious territory battle. Dunno what that is about. I'd nearly drop him.

Sholl also in my bad books. Nearly needs dropping. Too many soft efforts.

Tex and Thilthorpe didn't compete well enough in the air. Nearly time for a rest for one or both and Himmelberg or Gollant to get another round.

Again, failed to give ourself the full advantage of our dominant ruckman. I wonder if we'll ever consider changing it.

Also, given the conditions, to much trying to take possession and not enough knock ons and soccers, whereas the oppo had a better balance.

We looked pretty good when we went very attacking in the last, dunno why we don't do that thru games more often.

EDIT - forgot to mention that Dawson's kicking today shows how hard our gameplan makes it for marking ahead of the ball carrier. So much harder than everyone team's, that's why great kicks look ordinary, and mere good kicks look bad.

Last edited:
I expected a 30 point loss, so I’m not necessarily unhappy. If there was any game we were guaranteed to lose, it’s this one

That said, could we have been destroyed any more in the air? A less than ideal performance from our three tall forwards + ROB

Back