9 Mitchell Hinge (ADEL)
9 Darcy Fogarty (ADEL)
6 Matt Crouch (ADEL)
2 Brodie Smith (ADEL)
2 Lachlan Murphy (ADEL)
1 Mac Andrew (GCFC)
1 James Borlase (ADEL)

Glad to see Borlase get some love on debut
It would be good to see a breakdown of the votes.
Mac Andrews had a top game. Put a few kg on him and he might end a great. I thought Flanders was very good for them. Even the RAT had his moments.

Anderson, Rowell and Luko were totally dominant last time we played them. Quieter games this time.

That was a tough and bruising game.

They dragged us down to their level a bit with the scrappy style of game and were getting stuck into our players at every opportunity (just like GWS did a few weeks back).

Hinge was BOG. Starting to become the leader of the backline. Do Brisbane have any other players we can steal from them?

Milera was poor I thought. Fumbled everything that came his way and his ball use was down on recent weeks.

Smith is just a turnover machine these days.

Borlase pretty good on debut. Has pretty tidy skills for a key defender.

Crouch was our best mid - Dawson and Laird both look like they're running in treacle atm.

ROB didn't get smashed by Witts this time, though I would have liked more around the ground.

Fog was excellent again, while Thilthorpe continues to tease.

Rachele is becoming a concern. Has been fairly poor now for about 3 months.

Sloane was pretty decent when he came on.

Feel bad for Powell - not the first time he's suffered a serious leg injury against us.

Milera had 3-4 critical one takes watching the replay. Wasn’t very fumbly at all

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That would have been my comment ;)

I stand by the comments, on the evidence at hand ......injuries forced us to play Keane & Borlase ......B4 that Butts was preferred & that was a low bar.

Borlase still has a long way to go ......his agility is an issue, turn him around, which the classier BRIS forwrds will do next week & he'll struggle

Keane though :whitecheck:

And both games have been at home with these guys coming in. New test at the Gabba this week

And both games have been at home with these guys coming in. New test at the Gabba this week

Yep Daniher, Hopwood and Gunston won't be an easy assignment that's for sure. Oscar McInerney likely plays too

You have to weigh up the good and the bad, both sides of the argument tend to ignore the extent of the other.
There’s bad to any player and Keays sure does have some, he can be prone to some shocking turnovers by foot at times. However, he is clearly very good at his role in an elite forward line so he deserves credit for that.

The list of players averaging 20 disposals and a goal a game isn’t that large, Keays would absolutely be getting a game at many of the top 8 sides this year. Zac Bailey is one who is highly rated and for good reason, but Keays is having an almost identical season to him statistically.

Only one coach gave him votes. So those that don’t rate his game are justified and those that do rate his game are also justified.
Anyone that rated Murphy's game as poor against the Suns needs to take their Murphy blinkers off...he had a decent game by any players normal standards.

Hinge is in my good.
I'm trying to figure out what you're actually saying.
Here (above), you think Hinge is good.
He was excellent.
Then, he's actually excellent.
Some of his decision making is inexplicable at times.
But, then again, he was not-so-good ... ?? :confusedv1:

Then you make a comparison to Tex:
It's the same with Tex, he is on the balance of everything a sensational player but there is always a weekly brainfade or two.

I'm sure you could argue that most players do this a couple of times but I would suggest most of them would be skill errors rather than judgment - 'right idea, wrong execution' stuff.
At this stage I was thinking, "Yeah, like ALL players" but you covered that too, here:
I thought I had placed enough nuance in my post for people to see that I wasn't suggesting Hinge had a bad game but clearly not though I have found, quite lamentably, that BigFooty tends to be quite a binary place. Players are either good or bad and they are fixed in those positions (e.g. Sloane came on and was totally fine yesterday yet people still potted him) and we seem unwilling as a collective to discuss strengths and limitations. Oh well.
So,
Hinge is a lot like Tex and in fact like all players because sometimes he's good, other times he's excellent, but often makes mistakes, yeah? :cautiousv1: :confusedv1:
That's plenty-enough "nuance", trust me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was wondering if Hinge could become our next swingman. He's definitely pivotal.
I love it when Keays unlocks Doorson...
Can we get Clayton Jamb back in the team? Then we'd have a full set of door hardware. (I'll let each BF'er decide on their own candidate for the knob!)
That's enough pun-ishment for today, thanks ... :whistle:

Yep Daniher, Hopwood and Gunston won't be an easy assignment that's for sure. Oscar McInerney likely plays too
Keane v Daniher
Worrell v Hipwood
Borlase v Gunston

Michalanney v Cameron

Back