• Wayne Milera

• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

• Reilly O'Brien

• Jordon Butts

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good - we can't make finals, no excuse not to play the kids.

Bad - our game for patches, only rocking up for 1 qtr again.

Ugly - umpiring and my call it might get to 100.
Given all the set shot misses in the first 3 quarters, I wouldn't say we rocked up for a quarter but we played an exceptional quarter similarly against Collingwood and Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we'd get smacked today. That game sums us up really - poor at the crunch (when it counts), pretty good when not expected to be/allowed to be, ultimately not good enough. Season ended this time two weeks ago - play the kids.

Good: Nankervis, Murray and Rankine. Schoey and Cook play the next 6 games.

Ugly: Within the space of a fortnight we've gone from a potential home final to potential Top 5 pick. Our squad has a very weak underbelly (yes, it lacks experience) but our current midfield simply cannot compete over four quarters at the crunch yet. We need to add to it, quickly - if we want to turn these growing "honourable losses" into 4 points.

Very ugly: Smith and Milera at key moments. Yikes

Last edited:
Good: Nank's touches, Schoey's second half, that we never gave up, Tex on the last. Murray.

Bad: Sloane, Hinge, Butts

Ugly: wasting opportunities
There were a few bads out there today but Sloanes fumble completely destroyed our momentum. Unacceptable from a 250 game "legend" at a crucial moment in the game.

Has to go but we know we will carry him to 300 games.

I thought to myself at the start of the last, if we get to within 2 goals, the difference will be because of the umpires. When its 3 points and the umpiring was that bullshit it was definitely the umpires.

Good to see as play some reckless abandon attacking footy there in the last. Pity because we do that so rarely we make some howler mistakes at it but anyways.

Umpiring. F me. They throw, with double handed scoops all game and pedlar gets called for it in the last. The most simple open blatant obvious holding the balls, no whistle, we get two and theyre straight on to it. The call the block on sloane, then when there's some borderline blocks in front of melbs goal in the last no whistle. That 50m penalty with the late whistle and crouch played on straight away was extremely harsh.

Most of the team played ok. Yes, even Crouch, Sloane, Smith, Murphy and Fog and all the usual most hated on players. We did a pretty good job, it was a pretty good game, we show ourselves we can match it with these guys, especially if they don't get help from the umpires and we still get a superior draft pick.

Hopefully with Rankine's injury Newchurch gets a game. Like McAdam he has superior speed which is a very helpful attribute at the top level.

Back