• Wayne Milera

• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

• Reilly O'Brien

• Jordon Butts

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think Max could have handled Pickett's pace ? .....he was given a roaming license yesterday & carved us up
I think the demons tried to exploit our lack of pace in the midfield early, by putting him into the middle. When they saw crouch in there they probably thought let's punish his weakness. It played out as expected, crouch did ok when he had the ball, but on the turnover it was actually difficult to watch him chasing and trying so hard but losing ground on the opposition. I actually felt sorry for him.

I think the demons tried to exploit our lack of pace in the midfield early, by putting him into the middle. When they saw crouch in there they probably thought let's punish his weakness. It played out as expected, crouch did ok when he had the ball, but on the turnover it was actually difficult to watch him chasing and trying so hard but losing ground on the opposition. I actually felt sorry for him.
Good assessment of what happened ;)

I thought to myself at the start of the last, if we get to within 2 goals, the difference will be because of the umpires. When its 3 points and the umpiring was that bullshit it was definitely the umpires.

Good to see as play some reckless abandon attacking footy there in the last. Pity because we do that so rarely we make some howler mistakes at it but anyways.

Umpiring. F me. They throw, with double handed scoops all game and pedlar gets called for it in the last. The most simple open blatant obvious holding the balls, no whistle, we get two and theyre straight on to it. The call the block on sloane, then when there's some borderline blocks in front of melbs goal in the last no whistle. That 50m penalty with the late whistle and crouch played on straight away was extremely harsh.

Most of the team played ok. Yes, even Crouch, Sloane, Smith, Murphy and Fog and all the usual most hated on players. We did a pretty good job, it was a pretty good game, we show ourselves we can match it with these guys, especially if they don't get help from the umpires and we still get a superior draft pick.

Hopefully with Rankine's injury Newchurch gets a game. Like McAdam he has superior speed which is a very helpful attribute at the top level.
I remember about 5 mins from three quarter time (maybe half time) The crows were on a run....centre bounce.... Dawson gets the ball and tries to run through the center. The umps gave a free against for dropping the ball but no one actually had hold of him so it couldnt be dropping the ball. I replayed it in slow motion just to make sure. But that free against slowed our momentum.

Thought you guys battled hard considering Laird was N/A, could have gone either way.
Yep but you have to play with who's available. For me not having Laird, Rachele Soligo and Michalanney didnt help. Then add into the mix having inexperienced players like Cook, Nankervis and Hately in the side (which I love and want more of) I think we put up a bloody good effort. Now lets hope that we will see more of the younger brigade.

His kicking has been like this for years. We need better.
I think Cook and Nankervis would be better short term options let alone long term.
At the end of the day U you want half back flankers to have the courage to try things and take the game on.

This means taking risk.

I'd rather this, then chipping conservative stagnant kicks around for 5 minutes before eventually turning it over.

This is something we have been sorely lacking in our backline for years, but now we are starting to have more playera that can do this, we should be encouraging it, not talking it down.

At the end of the day U you want half back flankers to have the courage to try things and take the game on.

This means taking risk.

I'd rather this, then chipping conservative stagnant kicks around for 5 minutes before eventually turning it over.

This is something we have been sorely lacking in our backline for years, but now we are starting to have more playera that can do this, we should be encouraging it, not talking it down.
Experience helps players make sound decisions on whether they play on quick and maybe take a risk or to stop and look at a better option. Sloane should know that but others in the team are still learning that

We're where we are for a reason

Yes, they're not getting every single decision wrong but even three big positives this year (Dawson midfield, Worrell playing, Nankervis playing) were against our coaches wishes.

We're not having enough positives to offset our self inflicted negatives.

That's why rebuilds stretch for years at some clubs but not others.

At the end of last year it looked like ours would. However this year we have generally played a good brand of footy, a dozen or so players have significantly broken out and we are looking like a side that can go places.
I would agree assuming drafting isn’t catastrophic this year has been the easy part but there are lots more positives than negatives this year - and a lot more positives than the 3 you listed

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I remember about 5 mins from three quarter time (maybe half time) The crows were on a run....centre bounce.... Dawson gets the ball and tries to run through the center. The umps gave a free against for dropping the ball but no one actually had hold of him so it couldnt be dropping the ball. I replayed it in slow motion just to make sure. But that free against slowed our momentum.
Hately in the last getting pinged holding the ball with two player gang tackle high and no prior

Said this last week, he should be on a wing. His skill set isn’t for a centre square midfielder. It doesn’t seem a natural position for him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He's potentially going to win the Brownlow this year. He absolutely is a midfielder - we don't want him on a wing, watching the play on the otehr side of the ground half the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just need someone to tell me everything will be ok. But then I look at our backline and realise nothing can be said to drag me from this pit of despair. It sucks being a Crom fan.

Back