Training Apples' Training Threads 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timing at 10am against Melbourne may be frustrating to those who can't attend.
Hit out will be beneficial against Melbourne though and more of an insight about our likely Rd 1 team and positions we intend to use players.
We play intra-clubs each week on Monday and Friday at training effectively, so I can see why they may be abandoning the Intra Club exercise in the evening.
All the match sims I've witnessed have been full on. It makes more sense to have a practice match against Melbourne than an intra-club match which has been happening anyway on Mondays and Fridays.

Not just hawks. Blues too..

Hawthorn assistant coaches Sam Mitchell, Scott Burns and Adam Yze watching on, along with Carlton counterparts Josh Fraser and Shane Watson
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-...mpresses-in-pies-intraclub-as-darcy-dominates

eta: I've just realized why they might be there. We have some VFL players and academy players training with us. They have spots open on their list with the loss of some players, they might be just checking them out for what potential they have.

Last edited:
Not just hawks. Blues too..

Hawthorn assistant coaches Sam Mitchell, Scott Burns and Adam Yze watching on, along with Carlton counterparts Josh Fraser and Shane Watson
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-...mpresses-in-pies-intraclub-as-darcy-dominates

eta: I've just realized why they might be there. We have some VFL players and academy players training with us. They have spots open on their list with the loss of some players, they might be just checking them out for what potential they have.

I can understand Blues. They want to see how a Real Team Looks.

Well the 2 Blue Coaches are Ex-Collingwood Players

Thought I saw him in the forward line taking a few marks. If it was him he wasn't wearing a number on his back. Beams definitely wasn't out there.
No, I believe there is a guy, from perhaps the VFL, that looks like him. At risk of offending, he's a bit more rounded across the back and shoulders than Will and his hair is a bit longer. He's kicking action is also not as neat as WHE

Pisses me off when Club has Intra-Club but don't tell fans
Dave, they have match sim's every Monday and Friday at present. You're welcome to come along. It's virtually an intra-club with the available players. Our traditional evening pre-season intra-club has been later in our preparation, so currently the match simulation-based intra club training has a few more VFL types and Lockyer/Boyd participating. The formal intra club, held once a year in the evening late in preseason has instead been replaced with the Melbourne game and the club has publicly announced that today.

Last edited:
Timing at 10am against Melbourne may be frustrating to those who can't attend.
Hit out will be beneficial against Melbourne though and more of an insight about our likely Rd 1 team and positions we intend to use players.
We play intra-clubs each week on Monday and Friday at training effectively, so I can see why they may be abandoning the Intra Club exercise in the evening.
What day is the scratch match with Melbourne?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a good summation. Most notable improver to me is Tyler Brown, who looks much better playing around the ball than on the half back/forward line. Also that's the fittest I've seen Darcy Moore today. If he can keep that up there's no reason to believe that Darcy can't get through a full AFL senior match. His position now is as a full back where he can punch or mark. If Roughead does get into the first match of the season it's difficult to see where he plays if Moore is at full back. Roughead was also good out there today but mainly as a ruckman who can go down forward. Regarding comments about Crisp he was one of the rehab group before the match sims. He's looking good as well. There's no reason that he can't get himself up for the first game without much match practice because he does so much work on the field which you get playing senior games of footy.
Darcy Moore has looked fit since training for the Prelim final last season :-(. He'll dominate this year. I honestly think he'll be a good shot for All Australian. As you'll note from media coverage each session, Moore is the most notable presence on the field.
Moore could play CHB and Roughead FB. I imagine that Dunn, if fit, will play FB and therefore Moore at CHB under those circumstances too. Darcy and Maynard will take kick ins, especially until Dunn is available.

Crisp looks fit but has done no contested work, or virtually any work with the ball, at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back