Discussion Appreciate and critique the IC 2011 team jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised about so many people liking the Timor-Leste guernsey. Essentially it isn't that much different in design principles to the Brisbane guernsey which everyone hates :rolleyes: Dominated by a giant logo and split in half to two colours.
Don't love it, don't hate it

Don't know why you would want the Demons to change their clash, they have one of the best clash jumpers in the AFL and changing to an all red jumper would most likely create more problems than it solved, but don't get me wrong your design is pretty good.

Surprised about so many people liking the Timor-Leste guernsey. Essentially it isn't that much different in design principles to the Brisbane guernsey which everyone hates :rolleyes: Dominated by a giant logo and split in half to two colours.

Brisbane's old had a lot more tradition. Timor Leste's also appears traditional.

Don't know why you would want the Demons to change their clash, they have one of the best clash jumpers in the AFL and changing to an all red jumper would most likely create more problems than it solved, but don't get me wrong your design is pretty good.

Agree 100%. I also am a big fan of Melbourne's clash. And I would imagine that jumper clashing with Essendon quite badly, especially with the dark side panels. It looks good though, would be perfect for a pre-season jumper.

Introduces a non-club colour though, which gives me ths s***s!!! I've said it a hundred times but I also dislike most predominately white guernseys. When I posted it on the Melbourne board, they said the same thing and would prefer it over their current one. Seriously though, who would it clash badly with? Still better than their home guernsey against the bombers

Everyone hates the brisbane jumper because they started with this:

images

Then they changed to this:

images

Oops, wrong pic:

images

And people like the Timor-Leste jumper because their logo on the front doesn't look like this:

582927-allegator700.gif

And thats why most people like the Timor-Leste jumper but not the brisbane jumper.:thumbsu:

Brisbane's old had a lot more tradition. Timor Leste's also appears traditional.

Yeah I probably shouldn't have compared it to Brisbane's, it is still quite a different design :eek: I'm not criticising it; it works well but IMO not one of the standouts as such. At least no-ones praising Ireland's though :p

Does anyone know if these jumper will be available for purchase? I remember at the International Cup in 2008 Sekem was selling the jumpers for every team that they supplied jumpers for. I got a Team Africa jumper, which is one of the favourites of my collection. Would love to get the Timor-Leste jumper aswell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NZ one is good, just like the blokes who will play in it :). Hopefully I'll be in my own come next IC.

Just a question mate, how 'big' is footy in NZ? Do many people know about it or is there only a few small clubs which people play at? Also, do you get any/much coverage in the newspapers and on the TV??

Sorry, its a bit of a vague and maybe stupid question but I've always wondered :eek:

Apparently, it's big. There was something on the link where they said that either it's massive, or they created Aussie Rules, my bet is on the first option :D I'll try and find it

Yeah try to find me the link :thumbsu: Would be really interesting to hear from someone who lives there as well though.

I found some history, that Australian rules has a history in New Zealand dating back to the late 1860s, however modern competition was commenced in 1974 and is played during the summer to avoid clashing with the rugby season. Directly copied from Wikipedia :D
Also, the Maori's invented a game called Ki-o-rahi. Resembled rugby and Aussie Rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back