Opinion Are The Dees the softest team in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dees players refusing to go to this year’s pre-season camp is very odd. From what I understand, I think it reflects more on the club than the players. What the hell happened in last year’s camp? It can’t just be the couple of injuries we’ve heard about. Were they ‘hazing’ the players? At what point does the pre-season grind and toil cross the line? The implication is that the camp tipped over into abuse. It sounds like the sort of ham-fisted decisions we’ve been making, but mercifully it’s not us this time, and we’ve hopefully turned the corner.

I just can't help wondering why the coaches/high performance team would want to send the players there again if it was such a disaster last year. Clearly they thought they got value out of it last year and were going to get value out of it again this year.

For me the problem isn't that the players complained about the camp to the AFLPA. Its that they had to go to the AFLPA in the first place. Clearly the coaches and players weren't on the same page, something that isn't conducive to success.

I fear that this thread might inspire them into a premiership
The same way the dream of playing finals for the first time in nearly a decade inspired them to lose to a club that was missing half its list, no captain/best player and nothing to play for except for a bit of pride in the jumper? But yeah, I'm sure this thread will help them get over the line.

I think this says more about the club than it does the players. Some serious misjudgment.

The statement on their site is that they will put player safety first etc. If that's the case why wait until the players voice their concerns? Last year a player had a brick land on his head FFS. Just train for footy.

The same way the dream of playing finals for the first time in nearly a decade inspired them to lose to a club that was missing half its list, no captain/best player and nothing to play for except for a bit of pride in the jumper? But yeah, I'm sure this thread will help them get over the line.
images

Well, okay, thought it was undiplomatic to discuss when you and I were colleagues

Edit: hugs xx

Oh, c’mon, you still haven’t gotten over the time I locked you in the cleaner’s room over the summer holidays with the fetid stench of a bucket of rotting fish guts to keep you company?

You really do need to grow a sense of humor :rolleyes:

Edit: Hugs back :)

Oh, c’mon, you still haven’t gotten over the time I locked you in the cleaner’s room over the summer holidays with the fetid stench of a bucket of rotting fish guts to keep you company?

Could have coped with all of that.

You remaining in the room was truly traumatic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not really sure at the moment that we are in a position to criticize another club. But each to their own I guess.

To be fair, that last camp came down like a ton of bricks on them.

Well okay, maybe only Christian Salem but still...
Dom Tyson also injured his knee but the thing that worries me most is the sleep deprivation. Why would you not let players recover properly is beyond me.

The Dees players refusing to go to this year’s pre-season camp is very odd. From what I understand, I think it reflects more on the club than the players. What the hell happened in last year’s camp? It can’t just be the couple of injuries we’ve heard about. Were they ‘hazing’ the players? At what point does the pre-season grind and toil cross the line? The implication is that the camp tipped over into abuse. It sounds like the sort of ham-fisted decisions we’ve been making, but mercifully it’s not us this time, and we’ve hopefully turned the corner.
Goodwin is apparently big on this sort of stuff to toughen players’ resolve etc, but it seems the players have revolted and gone over his head directly to the AFL to get out of it.

This must be beginning to make those smug arse Dees supporters who were gloating about how their succession plan was a raging success compared to ours start to squirm a little...

Goodwin is apparently big on this sort of stuff to toughen players’ resolve etc, but it seems the players have revolted and gone over his head directly to the AFL to get out of it.

This must be beginning to make those smug arse Dees supporters who were gloating about how their succession plan was a raging success compared to ours start to squirm a little...

It’s not a good look! Our board would be in meltdown if it happened to us.

Instead we keep seeing smiling players and happy faces down at the club. Hope this directly opposite approach to the Dees is working.:oops:

Dom Tyson also injured his knee but the thing that worries me most is the sleep deprivation. Why would you not let players recover properly is beyond me.

Because when Melbourne players next fight in Afghanistan they need to potentially survive a massive firefight for many hours and be confident they can resist sleep exhaustion

Sure they might do a knee or a skull in the interim, but small price to pay for being equipped to play the Taliban at the 'G

Remove this Banner Ad

Back