Roast Are We The Dumbest Team in the League? The Evidence Says... YES!

Thursday night's team selection will be:

• 100% best team available!

Votes: 42 71.2%
  • We're send players off for surgery, resting sore players, exposing some kids!

Votes: 17 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The old, "we'll turn into carlton or Melbourne" hysteria if we don't continue to play an injured Tex. So dumb.
Tex in cotton wool is a smart move. We.will never know but he may not have played the last two games anyway.

I personally would be playing Hunter ahead of Sauce the next two.games as well. Sauce is spent and Hunter deserves a.chance.to show he is AFL capable.

Both are smart moves which probably help to win as well ie not playing injured/spent players.

But to play guys "just because" in these two games goes against a winning culture.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Or even worse, we might turn into Richmond! Or the Hawks! Ugh.
When did Richmond tank? They were just crap.

As were.Hawthorn in the early to mid 2000s. Remember they nearly merged with Melbourne.

Neither club purposely dropped to bottom four for picks. Hawthorn have just gone through a pretty good mini rebuild based on smart drafting and trading to be sitting top four now after.spending a couple of seasons in the position we are now.

There is a reason why Melbourne have not played a Final since 2006. As a club they lost that demand a win culture. Cant get.it back and now we see.these late season fade outs when the season gets hard. It's part of their fabric.

Yep. Last time Tex was out Gov played a blinder

Would still like to see the Berg in action

You mean once when he was out. Last time was the Brisbane game. He's only played one blinder with Tex out which is hardly anything but a coincidence until he plays better consistently with Tex out. Even then he's played many blinders with Tex in the side so this Tex out, McGovern plays a blinder thing is a myth that keeps being perpetuated.

I think us members who will be at the game this week deserve to see our guys attempt to win and field a decent team.

I don't think we've ever had a team that didn't want to win.
You mean once when he was out. Last time was the Brisbane game. He's only played one blinder with Tex out which is hardly anything but a coincidence until he plays better consistently with Tex out. Even then he's played many blinders with Tex in the side so this Tex out, McGovern plays a blinder thing is a myth that keeps being perpetuated.

Ah it's good to have you back Hemi

I don't think we've ever had a team that didn't want to win.

Ah it's good to have you back Hemi
The bottom ten teams should play a "Sham Finals" series to determine the first draft pick. Winner gets pick 1, runner up pick 2 and so forth.

Maybe even hold it on the bye weekend and run it as an AFLX format carnival.

The bottom ten teams should play a "Sham Finals" series to determine the first draft pick.

I lost my Sham Final on the weekend.

Not contesting the tackle is intelligent call number 1.

Talia has been mentioned as being sore in the media.

I can smell a tank.

e25fd607956c7a7ab10d555dea389ac8.gif

Not contesting the tackle is intelligent call number 1.

Talia has been mentioned as being sore in the media.

I can smell a tank.
Talia has a stress fracture in his leg... and the other leg got crunched two weeks ago. I have no doubt whatsoever that he's sore.

If that's true, and we play him, we're even dumber than i thought.
It's in a non-load bearing bone so not as dire as a main load bearing bone. My sister has two stress fractures in the same bones in either leg. She can still get around ok, but pain is real. And yes... given our situation, there'd be no real need to play him IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only reason I could think to play Talia is if he has a performance clause (or bonus) in his contract relating to x number of games played in a season and he wants to play to earn it.

Makes no sense otherwise.

Wouldn't make sense even if that's the case.

It shouldn't come down to whether he puts his hand up

The games are dead rubbers. If he physically can play with no higher chance of future injury and wants to the club may play him for the financial reason.

I personally cant see him playing. But if he does that is why IMO.

The games are dead rubbers. If he physically can play with no higher chance of future injury and wants to the club may play him for the financial reason.

I personally cant see him playing. But if he does that is why IMO.

Surely they'd just sign a document stating the game should be counted even though he will not play.

Tex in cotton wool is a smart move. We.will never know but he may not have played the last two games anyway.

I personally would be playing Hunter ahead of Sauce the next two.games as well. Sauce is spent and Hunter deserves a.chance.to show he is AFL capable.

Both are smart moves which probably help to win as well ie not playing injured/spent players.

But to play guys "just because" in these two games goes against a winning culture.

Who's arguing for "just because"? This is the first I've heard of those words being used or any words that could have anything nearing a similar meaning.

No chance Talia comes back in. None.

I think we will rest a few, but sprout best team available everywhere.

We should then fully experiment with positions and run a 6-6-6 set up. That way when queried by the AFL, we can just point out that given the results would not impact on finals we thought it best to experiment as they suggested.

It's in a non-load bearing bone so not as dire as a main load bearing bone. My sister has two stress fractures in the same bones in either leg. She can still get around ok, but pain is real. And yes... given our situation, there'd be no real need to play him IMO.

How does one get a stress fracture, as opposed to an ordinary fracture, in a non-load-bearing bone?

I would say in that case a players happiness is as important as his well being. Especially in one of parts our side is built around.

Not always, but actively stopping one of your players from reaching a bonus is a dick move; even if it is the right one.

I would say in that case a players happiness is as important as his well being. Especially in one of parts our side is built around.

Not always, but actively stopping one of your players from reaching a bonus is a dick move; even if it is the right one.
If he's not 100% fit he doesn't play, regardless.

He's a key asset that we have invested a first round pick, years of development and hundreds of thousands of dollars in.

This is what Phil Walsh was referring to when he talked about man conversations.

If he's not 100% fit he doesn't play, regardless.

He's a key asset that we have invested a first round pick, years of development and hundreds of thousands of dollars in.

This is what Phil Walsh was referring to when he talked about man conversations.

Man conversations are a load of wank. Especially when right now we shown we deserve only contempt.

Reality is we've done a lot of damage this season to the trust of this group, both in stating from the very beginning that we don't trust them to get the job done, to absolutely destroying any chance of success by keeping on an inept fitness staff. If I was an key player and was then denied a bonus with the promise of next year would be better after all of the aforementioned shit, I'd be out of the club at the first chance I'd get because it's another slap in the face in what has been a year of continuous ones.

I'm all for resting players, providing it doesn't potentially burn bridges. Denying a monetary bonus would easily do that.

Back