Roast Are We The Dumbest Team in the League? The Evidence Says... YES!

Thursday night's team selection will be:

• 100% best team available!

Votes: 42 71.2%
  • We're send players off for surgery, resting sore players, exposing some kids!

Votes: 17 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like a lot of posters here should just go and watch a crow's sanfl game, geez I don't mind resting up but who wants to be dropped to give a player a game who is not as good??

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm surprised we haven't come out and said we want to be the "best side out of the eight" yet.
Sounds like a lot of posters here should just go and watch a crow's sanfl game, geez I don't mind resting up but who wants to be dropped to give a player a game who is not as good??

Atkins is the only one I'd drop. His effort was Hampton-esque on the weekend.

CEY can be the emergency.

Everyone else I'd just put on ice for the rest of the year.

I'm surprised we haven't come out and said we want to be the "best side out of the eight" yet.

Atkins is the only one I'd drop. His effort was Hampton-esque on the weekend.

CEY can be the emergency.

Everyone else I'd just put on ice for the rest of the year.
Putting them on ice is the same as dropping then unless injured

How does one get a stress fracture, as opposed to an ordinary fracture, in a non-load-bearing bone?
Well my sisters is a medical condition caused by too many years on bisphosphinates after a bone marrow transplant, I’d suspect Talia’s is an impact injury.

Right now, dropping players for someone not as good isn't a concern. It's about fulfilling contract obligations (monetary bonuses which are close, and potentially extra years should a player be worth it), and getting players off to surgery early now.

They might not be as good now.
Giving them a game now gives them an idea of whats required at the top level.
The only way to get better is to play someone better than you.
The experience they gain is highly valuable.
If they get a call up in the future because of injury, they are going to be a far better prospect than not exposing them prior.
Lets say Lever got injured in GF week, Oh I dont know, lets just say "someone" cleaned him up at training by "accident".
Would you want to bring Doedee in to debut in the grand final or would you rather he had a couple of games under his belt?

Last edited:
Man conversations are a load of wank. Especially when right now we shown we deserve only contempt.

Reality is we've done a lot of damage this season to the trust of this group, both in stating from the very beginning that we don't trust them to get the job done, to absolutely destroying any chance of success by keeping on an inept fitness staff. If I was an key player and was then denied a bonus with the promise of next year would be better after all of the aforementioned shit, I'd be out of the club at the first chance I'd get because it's another slap in the face in what has been a year of continuous ones.

I'm all for resting players, providing it doesn't potentially burn bridges. Denying a monetary bonus would easily do that.

We’re now discussing this like it’s a reality it.

If it is; which I doubt, pay him anyway. And injury doesn’t generally count against those bonuses, especially for a player of Talia’s caliber.

Adelaide’s 26-man squad is…
IN - R. Knight, J. Kelly, P. Seedsman, E. Himmelberg, M. McGovern
OUT - T. Walker (suspension)

B: T. Doedee, A. Keath, L. Brown
HB: W. Milera, B. Smith, R. Laird
C: R. Atkins, R. Sloane, D. Mackay
HF: R. Douglas, T. Lynch, J. Gallucci
F: H. Greenwood, J. Jenkins, E. Betts
FOLL: S. Jacobs, M. Crouch, B. Gibbs
INT (from): R. Knight, J. Kelly, P. Seedsman, K. Cheney, C. Ellis-Yolmen, E. Himmelberg, M. McGovern, L. Murphy

Okay, so we've gone all out...

...and named a debutant

...on the interchange bench

Yeah, that's a #fail.

He should have been named on the field.

And there should have been two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Murphy out and HH emergency. This club LOL.

Idiots.

200_d.gif

In this gif, the person who is not Gordon Ramsay represents the AFC.

In the future, we will look back knowing there is absolutely no benefit to win this week and try out some kids. Apart from the obvious low of losing (something we’ve become accustomed to quite commonly this year without even trying), there is no down side.

We can lock away our draft position and potential trade currency. Tick

We can help push another team, one whom we own their first pick out of the finals and lower on the ladder. Tick

We can play a role in pushing our cross town rivals out of the finals. Tick

Nah. Let’s bring back three injury prone guys to show that we’re full strength and jump to the lofty heights of 11th.

Back