Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not quite comfortable attributing the generic term 'God', to anything that fills gaps.
Is the term 'God' really important and does the name alone serve a purpose? Can we serve up another term for an all-encompassing entity ?

I appreciate your kind words and you have an open mind, which is very encouraging considering i was an atheist once. As i mentioned in the other thread, we think quite alike, although we dont know each other and we grew up differently yet our conclusions are the same. If the practice of upright action, comes naturally to you, then you are well advanced already, but most people don't know what "upright action" comprises of, hence there is a need for religion. And most Christians criticising others here, are not very Christian-like. As Jesus said, "He is that without sin, cast the first stone at her".

All religions state, in different ways and subject to different adulterations over time, that the physical Universe is a subset of a greater system, whereby the ultimate reality is (to use a metaphor) an infinite field of awareness (some call this God). This reality frame, whilst not not real, is just a temporary reality designed to fast track our growth as individuated units of consciousness and thus evolve the larger system. In Buddhism and Hinduism/Gnosticism you call it "Maya". You are a subset of this "infinite" field of awareness. Consider a drop of water from an ocean. What i give you an empty glass and ask you to get some some water from the ocean? the water will be shaped the way the glass (that's your life, the shape of the glass, the water being your "essence") is ofcourse but what is the water? yes you are that water in the glass but you are the ocean too, at the same time.

physics, particularly the most recent findings in QM and particle physics, are very much indicating that this reality is not an objective reality, but rather a probabilistic one. As such, it is not only not impossible that this reality is in effect a simulation, it is probable.

i have always said, if it makes it easier for you, then do away with the term "God". It is a label which in essence covers the sum awareness of all energy, observable and unobservable. I am very willing to drop the term God at any stage, as I agree with Buddah, it can be misleading as most believers in organised religion seems to believe it as a personal god, saviour like who will wash all your sins etc etc. If you keep trying to forge an identity with that which brings pain (like associating happiness with impermanent stuff), then you will suffer. Over and over again until you realise what the hell you're doing (self-realisation). Just like Buddah taught.

Organised religious believers, yes. You can ask any "theologian" here and he will tell you what the best religion is. That's cause he doesn't understand mythology, spirituality, gnosoticsm or anything that has to do with mysticism where the sources of religions are. Before people get a hold of mythology and either take it literally or take it as a fairy tale, the purpose of it is to convey specific symbolic meanings. Roylion is well read on the historical Jesus and will sight many Yeshus that could roughly comprise the historical Jesus. He has even gone so far as to suggest that the end is a compilation of a number of them.

Within Gnosticism, the Iliad and the Aenid are considered esoteric works. As is Dante's Divine Comedy. As is the symbology contained within works of art by da Vinci and botecelli.

And there is Gnosis within ancient religions that are now considered to be fairy tales. Thor, the Son of God, giver of Light, slayer of dragons (like St George, he slayed his egos). Thor was the symbol of the Nordic Christic principle.

The Bible is mythology that was the best means of communication for its time. They didn't have the internet. It's been doctored, misinterpreted, loses much in translation anyway and had many known works left out. It certainly does not have a mortgage on devine work, whether it be literature, music, art etc.

This is why i no longer get into any "my religion is the best" argument with anyone, understand that no "religion" has a copyright on mysticism where all religions originate. the reason for the mythological Jesus is to intertwine critical symbology into the teachings. The symbological meanings can only be comprehended within the superior levels of consciousness as explained in detail in the Kabbalah's 'Tree of Life'. The Christmas Tree you will see today is an ancient Germanic symbol for the 'Tree of Life' which appears in ALL religions in different forms (Buddha got enlightened under a Bodhi Tree, that tree is merely symbolic)
You ever done psilocybin or dmt?

there is serious work being undertaken,that is finally looking into early hominids and Psilocybin.
They know our brain mass doubled within a million years,how did this occur,Magic mushrooms it is thought,they know that on the African savanna,the animals that reside and did reside there in early times produced faecal matter that give rise to fungus’ that produce psilocybin.
Have you ever had psilocybin?
I have and I highly recommend it for people that are highly psychologically I tune with themselves,otherwise maybe not,it can tend to flip people out that aren’t very in tune!

I was discussing this with my cousin the other week.

A giraffe .

Although I think we were discussing a recyclebin

For the mushroom stems.

Me too
hqdefault.jpg

How good does that look! Yum!

I saw the thread on here ask a communist and I thought as a Christian I would put up a similar thread to answer question as I consider myself a fairly middle of the road Christian.

Before I start answering questions I just wanted to state a few things.

This thread is NOT for a debate between Christian and atheists for that please use another thread
I am here to answer more general questions rather than get into deep theological discussions
I will aim to reply in a timely manner but I work full time and have other commitments so I apologise if I don't reply straight away.
I will be respectful and polite towards people no matter what their views and beliefs are so I would appreciate the same in return.
Please keep it to a maximum of 3 questions per post and wait for those to be responded to before posting more.

Feel free to fire away with any questions.
Are you still religious after 104 pages?

Absolutely I am still a Christian. I personally don't like the term religious. I just haven't replied because the thread was never created to be a debate between Christians and Atheists.

Atheists only ask questions so as to give you their pre-conceived answers.....Lets call it the Faustian complex.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't claim to have all the answers but I don't think Atheists do either.
I didn’t say you did.
Your precious book does though!
I believe that's a given.....Especially if the stuff Chelsea posts, masquerading as insight & profundity, is anything to go by.
Atheism is a lack of belief,how does that masquerade as anything?

the k-hole is a bizarre place in which to reside,I thought I was Elvis,I was standing,my feet were on the ground and so was my head.

I saw god(s), i thought i was out of my body, but at the same thing i was 'aware' that i was hallucinating. Bizarre to say the least. We have lots to learn about our brain, precisely why we see what we see.

How did god create Australopithecus? It only walked this earth circa 3 million years ago. Why was it not here last year or 4.5 billion years ago?

I see a clear transition of species in every genus. For creationism to be possible Homo habilis, ergaster, erectus, antessor, heidelbergensis and neanderthal would all have to be simultaneously created all on the 7th day.... which was only 6000yrs ago.

Are these people ******* crazy? The obvious answer is yes.

If god made man in his own image. Wouldn't man have released The 486DX and i7 on the same day?

Because that's what god did with Australopithecus and homo sapiens according to every pillock in this thread.

How did god create Australopithecus? It only walked this earth circa 3 million years ago. Why was it not here last year or 4.5 billion years ago?

I see a clear transition of species in every genus. For creationism to be possible Homo habilis, ergaster, erectus, antessor, heidelbergensis and neanderthal would all have to be simultaneously created all on the 7th day.... which was only 6000yrs ago.

Are these people ******* crazy? The obvious answer is yes.

Yes they are crazy, but I reckon I met a heidelbergensis, at Dawsons pub corners Burgundy and Cape street, once
or was that the Colosseum in Preston. Ha ha ha !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back