Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance of getting a electronic board up showing numbers of the players on the bench like Etihad and the MCG do ?

Finally have an answer for you on this one.

Unfortunately, this won't be happening in 2018. The system we have at the Gabba isn't as unified as other stadiums, like the MCG and Etihad. Right now it wouldn't be possible to get the electronic board talking to champion data who control the stats.

Budget is also another issue.

Our game day team will keep an electronic board like this in mind for the future.

Hi Lions Insider,

I am just curious if the club receives a financial benefit from the Gabba Trust and Cricketers club? Just some questions on one of the other threads so just want to see if being a Gabba Trust member does in some way trickle down to the Lions.

Thanks and really appreciate the engagement by the club.

Cheers

Hi Brett,

No we don't receive any benefit from fans signing up to be members of the Gabba. We do receive a benefit if fans sign up to be a member of the AFL and nominate the Lions as their Club.

Hi Lions_Insider just some feedback on the mobile apps and mobile website.

Mobile app - just wondering when the fixture will be changed for the mens team from last years to the upcoming year? Have gone to look it up a few times and while its not super difficult to go into the menu tree and find the JLT and this years fixture. I think given its 2018 and we're closer to this years comp than last years, the fixture on the app landing page should probably be showing whats coming up rather than last year.

Mobile site - I've had to download the app (despite not really wanting to) mainly because the format of the moblie lions site is so poor. The fixture isn't even on the main mobile site, you have to drill down through the desktop menu system to get there. I think the mobile site could do with a massive overhaul to somewhat mirror the apps for those that for whatever reason can't or don't really want to load the apps (eg not available on some software platforms, lack of space on phones etc)

just some feedback and thoughts

Hi Lions_Insider just some feedback on the mobile apps and mobile website.

Mobile app - just wondering when the fixture will be changed for the mens team from last years to the upcoming year? Have gone to look it up a few times and while its not super difficult to go into the menu tree and find the JLT and this years fixture. I think given its 2018 and we're closer to this years comp than last years, the fixture on the app landing page should probably be showing whats coming up rather than last year.

Mobile site - I've had to download the app (despite not really wanting to) mainly because the format of the moblie lions site is so poor. The fixture isn't even on the main mobile site, you have to drill down through the desktop menu system to get there. I think the mobile site could do with a massive overhaul to somewhat mirror the apps for those that for whatever reason can't or don't really want to load the apps (eg not available on some software platforms, lack of space on phones etc)

just some feedback and thoughts

Hi,

Appreciate the feedback.

The fixture should now be updated in the App. We have control of most of our App but things like the fixture and the syncing of profiles come from the AFL. Looks like they made the fixture change yesterday, possibly after reading your comment :)

We are a bit restricted with the layout and functionality of our mobile site unfortunately. It's the same with the other Clubs in that there are just a few tabs on the side for the main sections. It's extremely fiddly and time consuming to add new sections so our priority is more towards the App which sees higher traffic. Would love to overhaul and have a site optimised perfectly for mobile it but we have to go with the product supplied by the AFL and Telstra.

If you are on mobile and looking for a page that is not on the main layout (E.g. training times, health centre), and don't want to request the desktop site, the best way to find it is by searching for it on google then it will show (not ideal I know).

Let me know if you have any more feedback. Will be adding more cards to the App soon which will make finding information easier.

Hi LI.

For the first time in years, I really liked the 2017 player intros that were flashed up on the Scoreboard before the game started.

So much better than a number of lame efforts in the past, the worst being the GA calling out the players' Christian names in the expectation that the crowd would collectively bellow out the Surnames. That one went over like a lead balloon.

So I'm wondering whether we're going with the same intros this year (or something similar) or whether it's a work in progress?

Hi LI.

For the first time in years, I really liked the 2017 player intros that were flashed up on the Scoreboard before the game started.

So much better than a number of lame efforts in the past, the worst being the GA calling out the players' Christian names in the expectation that the crowd would collectively bellow out the Surnames. That one went over like a lead balloon.

So I'm wondering whether we're going with the same intros this year (or something similar) or whether it's a work in progress?

Hi Luther,

Yep, the player intros will be of a similar format in 2018. We have a big filming day in a couple of weeks where we will capture some really cool content for the big screen in 2018!

Hi Lions insider

I know this may be a little controversial but would really like an answer.

How does the club feel about us making money of problem gamblers and any chance ww will follow the lead of North Melbourne and get rid of pokies?

Hi,

In short, no we won't be getting rid of pokies.

Our venue at Springwood is committed to reducing the issue of problem gambling and offers counselling and assistance with self-exclusion from the venue.

As part of the money we receive from gambling, a certain amount must be returned to the community. Last year we provided just over a million dollars in cash and in kind benefits to the community.

The benefit of our planned facility at Springfield is that it would open up more revenue streams and help return the Club to a healthier financial position. Springfield won't have pokies.

Cheers,

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Lions_Insider, loved the video just up on the website with Mitch Robbos comeback from injury. Thanks to all involved. Doing great work. Definitely a step up on previous years.

Thanks for the feedback! Looking to get more of these feature type videos and articles out on a more regular basis. Will be a written article to accompany the Robbo video later today.

Can't replicate this issue. Would you mind please sending a screenshot of your problem to socialmedia@lions.com.au and we can take a look at it?
Yes,as above LI.

Had the problem for a few weeks.First noticed following facebook links but also happens when I go to the Lions site straight up.

Yes,as above LI.

Had the problem for a few weeks.First noticed following facebook links but also happens when I go to the Lions site straight up.

Me also - exact same problem as DLions indicates. I thought it may have been my phone, but have just about given up looking at the Lions site on my phone. Cannot close that damn menu which obliterates everything else!

The top 'menu' button won't respond at all; the bottom 'close menu' button lights up but nothing happens.

This may still be a quirk of some androids perhaps, although mine is only 1 - 2 years old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back