Assistant coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Any danger of getting a forward as a forwards coach?

We've just come off 2 years of half back flanker Burns in charge, and I think our structure up front really suffered in that time.
Post Rough/Cyril. New Forward line only emerged late in the year. Add to that a midfield coping without Titch

Post Cyril is a big deal too. He could turn the shittiest of forward entries into a goal just from his ridiculous pressure

It really is a strange scenario having a Director of Coaching that has no control whatsoever over the Head Coach. At least Malthouse was providing guidance (or was meant to be) to Bucks when he took on that token role.
I imagine he’s in charge of the management and development of all the other coaches. Just because Clarko doesn’t need it doesn’t mean the rest don’t.

If you get a chance check out the Crows site (yecch!?) and take a look at Otten's farewell speech and an interview or two. There's also something on the AFL Players website.

Appears he's been working toward coaching for some time, has a background in exercise & sports science and is a singularly impressive young dude. Very effective in the SANFL last year too ... good disposal numbers, at 80+% efficiency, playing back.

I note Douglas was part of the same 'mentoring' program Otten was in, which may also explain his meet-up with 'Clarko'. Returning home, with a young family & those credentials, I expect really good things.

Go Hawks & Stangers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back