Poo Mega Thread Attention: Coronavirus Doomsday Preppers - RUN FORREST RUN! ‘Wear a mask whilst driving your car alone or we all die’

Remove this Banner Ad

So today I hung a few pictures and planted a few seeds - chilli, basil and coriander. Hopefully yield a few kilos of chilli this year and make some more sriracha.

I don’t think I’m going stir crazy yet.

Any movie or TV show recommendations?
theres a mini-series that is not too bad, The Stand - or just read the book.

What the Jim Carey movie?

Is that new? I think I watched a pretty s**t mini series of that ages ago. Probably from the mid or late 90s.
yes its the shitty old one, let down by a poor script and cheap casting, much like our gummint.

just read the book if you havent. if you dont like the book the pages could be put to another use...

05fd81632c85185219171ce1dd4968c8.jpg

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

This is why stupid people with no formal qualifications or scientific training should not be trusted with statistics.

When you haven't got the wit to address the argument at hand, go ahead. Try to play the man. I'm in my third career now, because I'm old. I'm a consultant in demographic research and analysis, and if I may modestly say so a very good one.

So I don't have to call you stupid, or a moron to pretend I know more than you ever will about interpreting this kind of information. I already know I know more than you ever will.

This is why stupid people with no formal qualifications or scientific training should not be trusted with statistics.

Sweden has recorded three deaths.
Norway has recorded one death.

You've scoured data to selectively quote best case scenarios.

I have done nothing of the kind. The UK, US, Sweden and Norway are all in the top 10 in the world for numerical count of cases. The dramatic variation in the relationships between between their cases per population and their death rates is absolutely relevant in response to a statement a hysterical fool pulled out of his hole: that a high level of cases per population was the thing that would bring on "a massive death toll".

Its the opposite of cherry picking. It couldn't be more relevant.

So go fu ck yourself, scaremonger.

Last edited:
AFL shill media are showing their true colours. Here's Ralph with a bleeding heart appeal to the public for the season to go on because of the financial impact on AFLM players. I suppose they think people might relate to this better than the 2.5 billion dollar TV deal :rolleyes:

Your constant usage of the AFLM term will not catch on...you are making a fool of yourself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its a frikn awesome book
so is "Battlefield Earth" if you want a long read - over 1000 pages
yeah thats not a bad yarn if you can stand L Ron Hubbard.

Kings "The Stand" uncut version is a whopping 1420 pages...

in the 1000 odd pages of Battlefield Earth, cant say i recall a single reference to "Scientology"

thank christ!
yeah maybe he went mental after he wrote it.

When you haven't got the wit to address the argument at hand, go ahead. Try to play the man. I'm in my third career now, because I'm old. I'm a consultant in demographic research and analysis, and if I may modestly say so a very good one.

So I don't have to call you stupid, or a moron to pretend I know more than you ever will about interpreting this kind of information. I already know I know more than you ever will.

I have done nothing of the kind. The UK, US, Sweden and Norway are all in the top 10 in the world for numerical count of cases. The dramatic variation in the relationships between between their cases per population and their death rates is absolutely relevant in response to a statement a hysterical fool pulled out of his hole: that a high level of cases per population was the thing that would bring on "a massive death toll".

For overall reported cases, Norway ranks twelfth and Sweden thirteenth. You can't even get that right.
coronavirus170320.PNG
Fantastic analysis, genius.

Wouldn't a better statistical analysis use a larger sample size, such as China or Italy? Of course not when it's much better to seek out data that reinforces your confirmation bias.

A consultant in demographic research? Oh, you call people for surveys. Well done you.

When even Trump is starting to understand the scope of the problem and you're still arguing the opposite, you know you're dealing with a moron.

This guy gets it, but you don't.
unnamed (1).gif

Wouldn't a better statistical analysis use a larger sample size, such as China or Italy? Of course not when it's much better to seek out data that reinforces your confirmation bias.

No, it wouldn't you functional moron.

Here's some views on the matter From Kamradt Scott, Professor in Global Health Security, University of Sydney; and his colleague Sanjaya Sennayake of ANU.

Both gentlemen understand what you clearly do not. It is the differences between the manifestation in different places that provides the trail of bread crumbs that lead us to a path through the unknowns.

We think that influenza is likely to be (slightly)more infectious than COVID-19,” Senanayake

COVID-19 has varying death rates. The Chinese are saying it’s around 3 per cent but we suspect it may be lower because there are many undiagnosed cases in the community .... we think it will be lower than the 0.1 per cent of influenza.” Senanayake

“In that context, the fatality rate will go even lower and may be potentially around influenza rates or slightly higher,” Kamradt Scott

The people most at risk from influenza are young children and the elderly, The elderly are also susceptible to COVID-19, but data is emerging that shows children are largely avoiding being infected by it. Sennayake.

We won't have data which has stand alone value for a long time. Until then, it pays to be analytical, not emotional. We might think carefully about the fact that two of Australia's leading academics on the subject publicly state that the danger of the Corona Virus is probably being overstated. By a factor of around 30 times its real value.

We might also consider that three separate analyses by the World Health Organisation, independently and using different methodologies, conclude that mortality from influenza is 4 to 5 times higher than the official numbers - primarily because only laboratory confirmed deaths are included.

And then consider that to the end of February the USA alone has had 180,000 hospitalisations and 10,000 (confirmed) deaths from influenza. So 40-50,000 in reality.

CV has a lot of catching up to do to come anywhere near justifying the hysteria.

The frozen food muppets,my fav food I have bought for years and hardly touched in supermarket freezers,now cleared out by these subspecies of humanity.

The selfish narcissism of the human race leaves me speechless.

So many horrible humans out there.
Corona virus is the Doomsday preppers Grand Final.

No name calling hey. Is your uncle a high priced lawyer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back