Current Aussie on Naked Drunken Rampage - Aceh Indonesia *Facing a public caning

Remove this Banner Ad

Surfer Bodhi Mani Risby-Jones, 23, from Noosa is in custody in ultra conservative Aceh, after allegedly attacking locals while naked. Bodhi could face forty lashes and five years in jail.

The alleged incident left a person in hospital and prompted residents to threaten to burn the Moon Beach Resort down on the island of Simeulue, off the coast of Sumatra.

The province enforces Sharia law, meaning the sale and consumption of alcohol is banned.

Idiotic, arrogant flog, at least it appears the government won’t get involved to bail him out for his stupidity at taxpayer expense.

Make an example of him I say.

whip it devo GIF

He's made admissions and apologised. It's a start.

Why would he be wearing a balaclava?

"I'm very sorry for my actions and the embarrassment I've caused — and the embarrassment that I’ve caused for us Aussies overseas — especially Indonesia," Mr Risby-Jones said in a video of the press conference.

"I’m very sorry and yeah, I wish what I did never happened. And I really, really want to come home."

He's made admissions and apologised. It's a start.

Why would he be wearing a balaclava?

"I'm very sorry for my actions and the embarrassment I've caused — and the embarrassment that I’ve caused for us Aussies overseas — especially Indonesia," Mr Risby-Jones said in a video of the press conference.

"I’m very sorry and yeah, I wish what I did never happened. And I really, really want to come home."

Paying the $50k in damages and say six months jail sounds reasonable and would be a good message to send to other idiots.

Sent from my SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fisherman's condition in hospital he assaulted, has worsened so negotiations to release him without charge at $61,000 have stalled. It might cost more.

Good. If some drunken yobbo tourist did that to me or mine and just ****ed off home afterwards I’d be livid. :madv1:

Good. If some drunken yobbo tourist did that to me or mine and just ****ed off home afterwards I’d be livid. :madv1:

Waiting here for someone to start up a GoFundMe campaign to outbid settlement and ensure a public flogging

Waiting here for someone to start up a GoFundMe campaign to outbid settlement and ensure a public flogging
The family has been asked for $60,000 and wont pay it. The fisherman now has an infection and might loose his leg and then it will be more money for reparations. There is only a small window for the family to pay for reparations and for him to be deported. If that doesn't happen and it is left to go before the Indonessian courts that window will be closed forever and what comes after is going to be way more expensive and a very long haul. Are they not getting the right advice here or are they ignoring the advice that they will have been given about this matter? The apple doesn't fall far from the tree as they say.

The family has been asked for $60,000 and wont pay it. The fisherman now has an infection and might loose his leg and then it will be more money for reparations. There is only a small window for the family to pay for reparations and for him to be deported. If that doesn't happen and it is left to go before the Indonessian courts that window will be closed forever and what comes after is going to be way more expensive and a very long haul. Are they not getting the right advice here or are they ignoring the advice that they will have been given about this matter? The apple doesn't fall far from the tree as they say.
Being stuck in a horrible prison getting whipped and treated poorly is not a bad thing.
It allows "Bohdi" to pay the penalty for his crime.
Hopefully all bogan Aussies travelling overseas realise they are in someone else's backyard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back