Resource Australian Football Logopedia

Remove this Banner Ad

WA, SA, VIC, Tassie, Retro Football, Old Footy Logos, WANFL, WAFL, SANFL, TFL, QAFL, VFA, VFL, AFL, Australian Football
  • 4eva Youngy

Retro Footy Logo Guru
    May 26, 2020
    Perth, Western Australia
    AFL Club
    West Coast
    Hello Fellow Footy Tragics!

This thread is a historical graphic/pictorial collection of past Australian Football Club logos.
    I wish to connect with like-minded enthusiasts who can swap historical imagery from resources like old football programs ie: Football Budget/Football Record’s, beer coasters, playing cards, and also for those who remember the old football newspapers like Inside Football, Westside Football, etc.
    I am mainly interested in Pre-AFL logos, specifically our second-tier leagues today, that were all once proud and dominant leagues in each state.
    Having collected and then digitally recreating them through vector graphic applications over the years, I have developed an extensive database covering WA, SA, VIC, QLD, TAS, NT.
    My digital vector catalogue also extends beyond football into NRL, NSWRL, QRL, NBL, NSL, ABL, and other minor Australian sports leagues also.
    If you feel you have an old club logo you would like to view as a large neat & clean image, rather than a tiny pixelated one from the net don't hesitate to let me know.

Enjoy a trip down memory lane!

In 1982, The West Australian Football League (W.A.F.L) unveiled the league's new branding brief.
    Two clubs that were prominent in this new and exciting change were West Perth & East Fremantle.
    West Perth "The Cardinals" eventually changed to "The Falcons" nickname having promoted the Falcon logo for a few seasons prior, whilst the premiership port city powerhouse of East Fremantle ditched their age-old confusing nickname in "Old Easts" to a more logical name in "The Sharks" in 1983.
    (Note: East Perth during the war years in local vernacular were dubbed "Young Easts")

W.A.F.L Circa 1982

Last edited:
    VFL Club Logos
  • Soon to add ALL 12 VFL 1975/1976 Club logos, plus bonus failed 1980 VFL expansion bids (ie: East Perth, West Perth, Norwood, Port Adelaide)
    Check back to this thread as they come online.

Hawthorn VFL - 1975
    VFL_Hawthorn_1976_yellow_EXAMPLE.png
    Hawthorn VFL - 1976

VFL_1976_SHIELD_HAWKS_EX.png
    Richmond VFL - 1975
    VFL_1975_SHIELD_TIGERS_EXAMPLE.png
    Richmond VFL - Circa TBC
    VFL_TIGERS_1981_EX.png
    South Melbourne VFL - 1975

VFL_SWANS_1975_EX.png
    St. Kilda VFL - 1975
    VFL_SAINTS_1975_EX.png