Other Teams
Furth

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Well, that was just as predicted. A very boring day with only 1 major shock with top 10 seed Hurkacz losing.

Weather: 30C Sunny. Winds east to southeasterly 20 to 30 km/h.

RLA
11am
Muguruza-Cornet
Sabalenka-Wang X.
De Minaur-Majchrzak
7pm
Medvedev-Kyrgios
Halep-Maia

MCA
11am
Kontaveit-Tauson
Baptiste-Inglis
Tsitsipas-Baez
7pm
Raducanu-Kovinic
Sinner-Johnson

John Cena
Swiatek- Peterson
Tiafoe - Fritz
Zhang - Rybakina
Murray - Daniel

Aussies in Action
O'Connell - Schwartzman (1st on court 3)
Sammy Sam - Pavlyuchenkova (2nd on Kia Arena)

Okay, this looks like a good night session. I don't think De Minaur has played on RLA much. Be nice for him to experience it. Hopefully, Murray can back it up. I also hope Sam can lose gracefully as she will be up against it v pav. I am sure that will have a ripping atmosphere. Personally, if I find time, I would love to see Tauson and Kontaveit smash the ball. One is the dark horse for this tournament, the other is hugely promising with a huge game.

Match of the day.
Medvedev - Kyrgios
Shocked that this one was scheduled on Rod Laver and not John Cena. It could blunt Nicks energy. He is really up against it against the best player at this tournament. he does have a 2-0 record against Medvedev, including a final win in 2019 at Washington Hardcourt. but Medvedev has upped his game since then and I expect an easy win for the Russian Troll.

All matches can be found here

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
The quicker Sabalenka and Krejikova are gone from the tournament the better. Should be a great day of tennis today.

I will be keeping my eyes across Inglis, De minaur, Murray and the Kyrgios v Medvedev matches, the way the schedule is set, those matches shouldnt overlap much

John Smith92

Team Captain
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I know O'Connell should be no chance today, but I was watching the end of Schwartzman's first round and he took an MTO to get some attention on his left quad right after failing to serve out the match and looked very awkward thereafter. Who knows how he recovers but if there is something wrong, I find it unlikely he'll get through a full best of 5.

Tiafoe - Fritz

This will be an interesting match

This is the potential upset. Fritz is no certainty and Tiafoe despite his horrible choking ability has the potential

John Smith92

Team Captain
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Majchrzak/de Minaur will be good to watch. Majchrzak has the game to be easily top 50 if he'd just stop getting injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
stats.png

Stats after the first set of Schwartzman vs O'Connell.

Like something from a womens match.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
I know O'Connell should be no chance today, but I was watching the end of Schwartzman's first round and he took an MTO to get some attention on his left quad right after failing to serve out the match and looked very awkward thereafter. Who knows how he recovers but if there is something wrong, I find it unlikely he'll get through a full best of 5.

Doesn't cope the best with heat either so a five setter could test him.

Back