Roast Australian Politics Stuffing Up Australia - Treasurer Joe Hockey Pg26

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think anyone that voted Liberal will come back whinging, because the Libs have the more sound economic policy and don't pillage the future to give unnecessary handouts today.
The sound economic plan seemed to be based on 50b in tax cuts to business. That's a handout. The necessity of it depends on whether you believe that the benefits of those cuts will 'trickle down'.
The whinge is coming from those who can't look internally to find out why the Libs were on the nose. Turnbull and co complaining about Mediscare seem to forget that the lied their arses of about 100 dollar roasts and entire towns being wiped off the map due to the carbon tax. If they don't take their medicine, they are in for a torrid time within.

The sound economic plan seemed to be based on 50b in tax cuts to business. That's a handout. The necessity of it depends on whether you believe that the benefits of those cuts will 'trickle down'.
The whinge is coming from those who can't look internally to find out why the Libs were on the nose. Turnbull and co complaining about Mediscare seem to forget that the lied their arses of about 100 dollar roasts and entire towns being wiped off the map due to the carbon tax. If they don't take their medicine, they are in for a torrid time within.
They also mounted a similar mediscare campaign against abolishing negative gearing.

They also mounted a similar mediscare campaign against abolishing negative gearing.
Seemed like they had to pretty much abandon that one part way through because it was gaining no traction. I have a friend who just keeps buying property. One investment group is giving away iPad like tablets just for expressing interest and turning up to their seminars. The evangelists whip the crowd into a frenzy, an advertisement for lowering your income tax and funding your own retirement. A few Mum and Dad investors but most are already in the market and looking to add to their portfolios. Not many if any new homes spoken about.
I think many listening to ALP's policy didn't mind the fact that it was restricted to newer homes and thus allowing first home buyers to access older homes, as one explanation.

Libs look like having enough to Govern and now they officially have Katter onside, who was just a Nat by another name anyway

Well I hope people happy with:

• Crappy Internet
  • Paying More for Everything
  • Public Schools and Hospitals keep getting Worse
  • Country Going down the Shithole More
  • Having a Arrogant Prick in Turball as Leader
Just don't come Complaing to me after it Happens

Well I hope people happy with:

• Crappy Internet
  • Paying More for Everything
  • Public Schools and Hospitals keep getting Worse
  • Country Going down the Shithole More
  • Having a Arrogant Prick in Turball as Leader
Just don't come Complaing to me after it Happens
You do realise if the two major parties magically changed their names over night, ie labor became liberal, and liberal became labor you'd be cheering just as hard for your team.
That's the point with political bias, people just barrack for their side regardless. Good and bad on all sides.

Just on your points, don't know enough or care about internet intricacies, but why should the government pay for it anyway? Seems alright to me. The speed of pr0n is not my concern nor should the government pay for it.

The rate of price increases is minimal, inflation is low compared to previous times (including governments of both persuasions).
I thought we have world class hospitals, how are they actually getting worse? Isn't it a state issue running them?
Don't public schools get run by the states?
What is Australia going down? Just because one side of politics is in charge? That's seems too simplistic.
I think you'll find either of Turnbull or shorten are as arrogant as each other.

The rate of price increases is minimal, inflation is low compared to previous times (including governments of both persuasions).
I thought we have world class hospitals, how are they actually getting worse? Isn't it a state issue running them?

Then why are some much Complaining about Wait Times at Public Hospitals. Then Libs are taking Money Away from there so they can give to Big Business to say they give use for Jobs:straining:

State's can only spend as much money as Federal Goverment gives them

You do realise if the two major parties magically changed their names over night, ie labor became liberal, and liberal became labor you'd be cheering just as hard for your team.
That's the point with political bias, people just barrack for their side regardless. Good and bad on all sides.

Just on your points, don't know enough or care about internet intricacies, but why should the government pay for it anyway? Seems alright to me. The speed of pr0n is not my concern nor should the government pay for it.

What is Australia going down? Just because one side of politics is in charge? That's seems too simplistic.
I think you'll find either of Turnbull or shorten are as arrogant as each other.
National Infrastructure is traditionally built by the Tax Payer....NBN is a nationally project
Education is funded Federally
Our Health System has had $80 billion cut from it, on that metric alone it must be worse off

Agree on the differences between the majors, it is only marginal at best, hence the rise of The Greens and to a lesser extent Xenophene and One Nation as people look for alternatives

Labor's plan included greater deficits.

If Australia doesn't rein in the deficit immediately then our credit rating will be down graded.

If the credit rating is down graded it will cost the banks more to borrow money and interest rates will go up.

If interest rates go up oh the huge manatee.

If Australia doesn't rein in the deficit immediately then our credit rating will be down graded.

If the credit rating is down graded it will cost the banks more to borrow money and interest rates will go up.

Labors plan in relation to balancing the budget set the same time line as the Coalition, increased deficits were only occurring in the first 3 years, thereafter the deficits fell as revenue increased via the improved economic activity from the higher spending

In any event the US showed Spending/Deficiets was all bullshit anyway....just print money as its required

Here -> Modern Monetary Theory has ardent proponents

As central banks struggle to revive growth, attention has shifted to fiscal policy – the way governments use taxation and spending to influence the economy. Even the hard-heads at the IM have advised governments, including Australia's, to spend more especially on infrastructure. The fund's most recent assessment of our economy said "raising public investment (financed by borrowing, thus reducing the pace of deficit reduction) would support aggregate demand, take pressure off monetary policy, and insure against downside growth risks."

and Here ->The starting point for Modern Monetary Theory is that a currency issuing government can keep printing and spending money but never go broke, so long as it doesn't borrow in a foreign currency. The Australian Commonwealth, for example, will never run out of Australian dollars because it is a monopoly issuer of that currency. It can always create the money it needs and, therefore, will always be able to service debts.

Labors plan in relation to balancing the budget set the same time line as the Coalition, increased deficits were only occurring in the first 3 years, thereafter the deficits fell as revenue increased via the improved economic activity from the higher spending

In any event the US showed Spending/Deficiets was all bullshit anyway....just print money as its required

Here -> Modern Monetary Theory has ardent proponents

As central banks struggle to revive growth, attention has shifted to fiscal policy – the way governments use taxation and spending to influence the economy. Even the hard-heads at the IM have advised governments, including Australia's, to spend more especially on infrastructure. The fund's most recent assessment of our economy said "raising public investment (financed by borrowing, thus reducing the pace of deficit reduction) would support aggregate demand, take pressure off monetary policy, and insure against downside growth risks."

and Here ->The starting point for Modern Monetary Theory is that a currency issuing government can keep printing and spending money but never go broke, so long as it doesn't borrow in a foreign currency. The Australian Commonwealth, for example, will never run out of Australian dollars because it is a monopoly issuer of that currency. It can always create the money it needs and, therefore, will always be able to service debts.

Firstly our rating would be down graded during those 3 years.

Secondly that is some cross between Pauline Hanson and 1990s Japan level complete bullshit economics. Venezuela is the only one that prints the bolivar - they are still rooted. Then again maybe you feel like getting paid in Zimbabwean dollars? Do you understand what that does to repayments on our near crippling public and private debt?

Thirdly do not take my criticism of one party's policies as an endorsement of any others :)

e.g. I would remove negative gearing completely - its currently the equivalent of claiming pokies losses on your tax. An investment you know you'll lose money on and might profit at some point is not an investment, it's gambling.

Yeah but then they would not have to pay as much later on.

So IF Labor got in the Country be F**ked in couple of Years?

Hate to have no Money Though

Firstly our rating would be down graded during those 3 years.

Secondly that is some cross between Pauline Hanson and 1990s Japan level complete bullshit economics. Venezuela is the only one that prints the bolivar - they are still rooted. Then again maybe you feel like getting paid in Zimbabwean dollars? Do you understand what that does to repayments on our near crippling public and private debt?

Thirdly do not take my criticism of one party's policies as an endorsement of any others :)

e.g. I would remove negative gearing completely - its currently the equivalent of claiming pokies losses on your tax. An investment you know you'll lose money on and might profit at some point is not an investment, it's gambling.
Moody's, Standard and Poors and Fitsch rate solely on debt, if they rated people like you and me who have a mortgage, we would be rated at lower than B-
Money is so cheap (bond rates at about 2 and quarter) Australia's rating could go from AAA to AA- (down 4 notches) without any noticeable effect

The point about MM Theory is that it relates only to Australian Dollars so the currency references are not valid.....the US printed $ at such a rate that credit defaults virtually ceased to exist. Aus could wipe out its debt tomorrow if it chose to.

I have no problem with whom ever you support, I am Green to gills and I'm pretty comfortable with that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but then they would not have to pay as much later on.

So IF Labor got in the Country be F**ked in couple of Years?

Hate to have no Money Though
Depends what you are looking for, housing affordability would probably be up in the end but many people would have lost their homes and have outstanding debts as well as a lot of superfunds would be gutted and we'd likely bail out the banks again instead of letting them deal with it with their billions in profits.

Moody's, Standard and Poors and Fitsch rate solely on debt, if they rated people like you and me who have a mortgage, we would be rated at lower than B-
Money is so cheap (bond rates at about 2 and quarter) Australia's rating could go from AAA to AA- (down 4 notches) without any noticeable effect

The point about MM Theory is that it relates only to Australian Dollars so the currency references are not valid.....the US printed $ at such a rate that credit defaults virtually ceased to exist. Aus could wipe out its debt tomorrow if it chose to.

I have no problem with whom ever you support, I am Green to gills and I'm pretty comfortable with that

Sounds like you are missing the bit where as you print more money it devalues the the pool of money you are printing into and increases the amount you need to pay to international creditors. The US Fed hasn't exactly been "printing money".

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntam...-its-doing-something-much-worse/#396c644643a1

united-states-money-supply-m0.png

Rubbish! The speed of pr0n is a human rights issue. If we block access to high speed pr0n then we're no better than Red China.

Authorised by schraderbrau, the Australian High Speed pr0n Party, 8/7/2016.

Last edited:
How can both parties give 4-5yr budget plans, I think the ALP even talked about a 10yr budget. Elections are held every 3 years. To me those figures just don't add up, how can you budget 4 yrs in the future when you may not be in power?

How can both parties give 4-5yr budget plans, I think the ALP even talked about a 10yr budget. Elections are held every 3 years. To me those figures just don't add up, how can you budget 4 yrs in the future when you may not be in power?
My eyes glaze over when parties talk about debt, revenue, lots of zeroes.
Think that they base it on assumptions where as I base my budget on known facts with a buffer for the unexpected but only for the year.

My eyes glaze over when parties talk about debt, revenue, lots of zeroes.
Think that they base it on assumptions where as I base my budget on known facts with a buffer for the unexpected but only for the year.
Agree both budgets where based on an already out dated coal price that keeps dropping. Just one of probably many areas of the budget that is just guess work.

Shoten concedes and Turnbull proclaims victory

Now the fun really starts, this has regenerated my interest in Federal Politics
Can't wait for policy when it gets to the senate. Apparently it is streamed live.

Can't wait for policy when it gets to the senate. Apparently it is streamed live.

Be Good to Watch to put you to Sleep or hear them Carry on like Little Kids

13590399_674430826028795_8166361079180761106_n.jpg

And they give nothing to the People in Need.

DISGUSTING

Doesn't stink, politicians are way underpaid and the pension, as well as free travel cars etc, is one of the sweeteners that gets the talent out there. A career in politics is a bit like playing for the Brisbane lions - without any extra incentive everyone is going to want to leave and work in the private sector.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back