Australians in County Cricket 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Glenn Maxwell has just guided Lancs home... with the ball. 5/40 in Middlesex 2nd innings, his first ever fc 5-for.

Captain Bancroft the best of the Aussies in action overnight with another unbeaten ton. :)
Pattinson a five-for, he loves English conditions. Will likely make a compelling case for Ashes selection by the time July comes around I feel.
Quiet returns for Maxwell, Labuschagne & Renshaw.

Not an Australian, but great to see Craig Overton back playing. 66 not out of 36 then blew Kent's top order away with 5 for 18.

Saw a stream of Lancashire's game popup on Twitter so thought I might watch it seeming Jake Lehmann was batting.

Lo and behold the commentary is about 5 seconds ahead of the vision, so no I won't be watching your stream. And we thought the WACA had a bad one...

Did see him somehow sweep/ramp/top edge a 6 in the 2 balls that I was watching

Saw a stream of Lancashire's game popup on Twitter so thought I might watch it seeming Jake Lehmann was batting.

Lo and behold the commentary is about 5 seconds ahead of the vision, so no I won't be watching your stream. And we thought the WACA had a bad one...

Did see him somehow sweep/ramp/top edge a 6 in the 2 balls that I was watching
just mute the audio mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's always interesting to see how much more supported county cricket is to the shield. Somerset's tweet celebrating their OD Championship victory is on over 700 retweets. If I took all the tweets from the NSW Blues account throughout last season and counted up the retweets, I don't think they'd be more than 100 retweets, particularly if I excluded the ones that aren't actually about the team (ie celebrating Patterson's maiden test century)

People (media, fans, ex-players) across Australian cricket love to talk about domestic and grade cricket in folksy ways, but the reality is very few of those people actually actively engage in it, unlike county cricket

I did find it interesting when tuned into the warmup game last night when the commentators mentioned the crowd was down a little as they’d all travelled to go watch Hampshire play.

I’d imagine you could fit all travelling supporters for an Australian domestic final into the same car.

it's always interesting to see how much more supported county cricket is to the shield. Somerset's tweet celebrating their OD Championship victory is on over 700 retweets. If I took all the tweets from the NSW Blues account throughout last season and counted up the retweets, I don't think they'd be more than 100 retweets, particularly if I excluded the ones that aren't actually about the team (ie celebrating Patterson's maiden test century)

People (media, fans, ex-players) across Australian cricket love to talk about domestic and grade cricket in folksy ways, but the reality is very few of those people actually actively engage in it, unlike county cricket

For a guide, Victoria got 240 retweets for winning the shield.

I did find it interesting when tuned into the warmup game last night when the commentators mentioned the crowd was down a little as they’d all travelled to go watch Hampshire play.

I’d imagine you could fit all travelling supporters for an Australian domestic final into the same car.

To be fair it's not as feasible to travel so far on a plane rather than catching a bus up to London with fellow supporters.

But yeah their culture is to be damn admired.

Hildreth's a gun, seems like only yesterday he was a sub-fielder in the 2005 Ashes :).

Labuschange has made 3 first class hundreds in this county season. You have to take into account his side plays div 2 county cricket so you do have to take it with a grain of salt

Yeah and on at least one of those instances the pitch came under criticism for being as flat as an airport runway.

I like Labbers though, has given a good account of himself in test cricket and is reasonably consistent at domestic level both in Australia and abroad. Not convinced he's definite test standard, but has done enough to keep himself well and truly in the frame as he develops.

Yeah and on at least one of those instances the pitch came under criticism for being as flat as an airport runway.

I like Labbers though, has given a good account of himself in test cricket and is reasonably consistent at domestic level both in Australia and abroad. Not convinced he's definite test standard, but has done enough to keep himself well and truly in the frame as he develops.
Still have to make them even on a flat track. He is the leading run scorer in the second div. For mine he has shown he has got the game to succeed at test level, it’s more an issue with concentration and confidence. Few times he was in he had small lapses of concentration and threw it away. Hopefully spending long times out in the middle helps him to learn to craft an innings

Pattinson is back lining up for Notts alongside Broad. Quiet start yesterday though with Dom Sibley (who has played a season or two of WACA grade cricket) putting forward his case for the up-for-grabs opening position come Ashes time.

Another 50 for Marnus overnight. I know it’s only div 2 but been nearly 200 runs clear at the top of the run scorer list has to count for something. Hopefully he can carry that into the shield season.

And James Pattinson taking 6/73 overnight. Hopefully we can get a few tests from him comes Ashes time.

This is the point I was making earlier about it not being wise not to put your hand up for county cricket. Patterson would have ended the summer infront of Labuschange but he wouldn’t be in front of him anymore. Labuschange’s played 7 games and scored 700 odd runs at 60 and taken 16 wickets.

We know that the latter on in the summer it gets the more the pitches turn so having Labuschange in who can bowl his leggies will be valuable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back