Scandal Barry Cable being sued for historical child sexual abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would have thunk it?

A guy with first name Barry, last name Cable, turns out being a piece of s**t.

What's his middle name? Stool?

Well as there is no AFL without the players the greatest of all players should be recognised in their HOF.
The most loveliest of people is an award that doesn’t exist yet in the AFL. Although the way the world is going I am sure it will be centre stage soon. Not sure who will watch those awards though.

Surely we can draw the line at kiddy fiddlers...

Surely his name gets taken down from Legend Status and the Hall of Fame now ?
Innocent until proven guilty? Rolf Harris lost his MBE and everything else once found guilty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No he is not representing himself, he told the court he would not be attending the trial.
Trial or committal hearing? Surely he'd want to mount some sort of defence. Silence won't do it.

No he is not representing himself, he told the court he would not be attending the trial.

There was some mention that one of his sons was to attend Court but it was vague as to what purpose.
I don't believe it materialised in any event.
I understand it's too late for criminal charges for the plaintiff but I wonder if that's the case for these other two witnesses?

There was some mention that one of his sons was to attend Court but it was vague as to what purpose.
I don't believe it materialised in any event.
I understand it's too late for criminal charges for the plaintiff but I wonder if that's the case for these other two witnesses?
The son wanted to represent Barry, judge said only if Barry attends court .
The son wanted the right to question the witnesses. Judge laughed him off.

A further 2 victims have come forward to give evidence making it 5 woman who allege abuse at the hands of Barry Cable .

I never said the HOF is a joke - just pointing out that the AFL has a long history of turning a blind eye to the misdemeanors of some of it's so-called legends.
And the fact that the current group of commentators / press corp / AFL hierarchy still don't have the guts to call out some of these "legends" and still treat them like demi-gods whilst lambasting any current young player who might stray into the same territory is gutless and mind boggling at best.
If they disqualify all the dodgy characters from the HoF what will be left? next batch of nominations will include Relton Roberts and Plugga the pig.

If he’s found guilty/liable for costs or whatever this court case is trying to prove, then they have to remove him from the HoF, as if that’s what really matters.

That’s pretty standard practice, the world over.

You would hope that nobody would actually consider that to not be the 100% suitable thing to do.

Trial or committal hearing? Surely he'd want to mount some sort of defence. Silence won't do it.
Civil case, which will be determined on the balance of probabilities. In circumstances where a party chooses not to give evidence in a civil case an inference can be drawn that their evidence would not have assisted them. This is different to a criminal case when not giving evidence is not to be inferred against an accused. Where there are multiple accusers with consistent evidence and he's gone AWOL, the judgment is really a foregone conclusion.

Given he will almost certainly be found liable to the civil standard of proof for being a predatory paedophile, you would expect he will be promptly stripped of all official honours.

Civil case, which will be determined on the balance of probabilities. In circumstances where a party chooses not to give evidence in a civil case an inference can be drawn that their evidence would not have assisted them. This is different to a criminal case when not giving evidence is not to be inferred against an accused. Where there are multiple accusers with consistent evidence and he's gone AWOL, the judgment is really a foregone conclusion.

Given he will almost certainly be found liable to the civil standard of proof for being a predatory paedophile, you would expect he will be promptly stripped of all official honours.
I think being kicked out of the Hall of Fame and losing Legend status along with not being able to show his face again in public nor being invited to any functions for the rest of his life will be a fair sentence as far as the public are concerned.
I won't use the term "being shamed" as I feel he will never admit being ashamed of what he has done.
As for the Women involved, they may not get any compensation but sometimes recognition is worth much more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back